Gamethread Tuesday Reds @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Gamethread Tuesday Reds @ Boston

In response to Javi60's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Javi60's comment:

What to do with WMB?...  I would trade him with Doubront and 2 non  top rookies for Stanton and player to be named later

Takes two, to trade. How many times do the Marlins have to say they're not trading Stanton? Not to mention who will play 3rd and be the 5th starter? 

[/QUOTE]

It depends on what you give... Third base,The young italian prospect or bogaert if drew comes back... 5th starter some of the great arms in farm

[/QUOTE]

Too late now, they needed to pull the trigger on a trade in the off season when Larry Luchinno was proclaiming how great he was and his system worked. Yes we won the World Series but that was the first time the team was in the playoffs since 2009.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A walkoff win can invigorate a team. We are set up for one tonight.

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

This team is hopeless, just a collection of flawed hitter who can't hit consistently. Another night, same problems. What's e excuse now? Vic and middy are back, yet we still are struggling. If you can't hit with runners in scoring position your not going to win games, it's pretty simple. And this team is one of the worst in the majors in that department. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Nice gift from ump

on WM

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

RS get the Tuesday night bruins Dis ease

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Maybe somebody hits it out of  the IF?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Head first Pedey. Get smart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

This team is hopeless, just a collection of flawed hitter who can't hit consistently. Another night, same problems. What's e excuse now? Vic and middy are back, yet we still are struggling. If you can't hit with runners in scoring position your not going to win games, it's pretty simple. And this team is one of the worst in the majors in that department. 

I agree 100 % this team could not hit water if they fell out if a boat. The pitchers have to be perfect every night. Once in a while they will score a of if runs but the norm is just a few. You could see that they overrated Baeggerts and Jackie Bradley Junior. Cannot wait to see the catcher they are so high on at Pawtucket. Imagine this team had they not signed Sizemore ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Bedtime soon, lets finish this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

REALLY CAN'T HANDLE another loss after the B's tonight.

Let's go Papi!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If he doesn't pinch run for papi I'm gonna lose it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I'm losing it, in a GOOD WAY!

still don't get it....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

SIZEMORE :)  WALK OFF !!!!!

Good for him!  I'd sure love to see him heat up!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis*. Show beavis*'s posts

Miller and Brezzie 6k won it...nice to see Brady have a walk off...

BDC member since 12/13/2004 "Can you believe it?"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Great game tonight! I felt bad to see either team lose, Im glad it went on a little longer so us could see more of it, and Im glad the Sox finally got a walk off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis*. Show beavis*'s posts

Dustin with his 300th career double...he is setting the table nice in the lead off spot...

BDC member since 12/13/2004 "Can you believe it?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pitching staff and bullpen pitch decently and give up 3 runs in 9 innings wins the ball game 90% of the time! but with this crew every game is a sweater. I knew this team would struggle and I felt they were over rating Jackie Bradley Junior who cannot hit. Baeggerts does not hit with runners on. I wish they had signed Ellsbury after all it's only money and there was no plan to replace his production in the lineup.

[/QUOTE]
    I wonder what the stats are for XB in the two hole. I put him there. But what do you do with Victorino, you do not want to drop him down in the line up two low. It is just a catch 22.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Good thing Sox won in 12th after Taz blew the hold.  Concerned about the BP this year, although they are better than average, just not as good as last year.  Encouraging to see starting pitching, including Doubie and Bucholz, pitching well.  Bats are still cold, correlating to the weather.  They will bust out soon as the temp hits 75+ consistently.  Looking to see Sox add another big bopper somewhere, like a Stanton.

Another chance to pull even tonight, let's see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good thing Sox won in 12th after Taz blew the hold.  Concerned about the BP this year, although they are better than average, just not as good as last year.  Encouraging to see starting pitching, including Doubie and Bucholz, pitching well.  Bats are still cold, correlating to the weather.  They will bust out soon as the temp hits 75+ consistently.  Looking to see Sox add another big bopper somewhere, like a Stanton.

Another chance to pull even tonight, let's see.

[/QUOTE]

it's been more hit or miss, right?

i mean, last year they all came through every night it seemed (towards the end)

now it seems like one guy is always off....Taz last night but Koji did his job as did Miller and it was an encouraging outing for Brez.  They will work it out as will Farrell in how to use them......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

now it seems like one guy is always off....Taz last night but Koji did his job as did Miller and it was an encouraging outing for Brez.  They will work it out as will Farrell in how to use them......

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Taz and Koji don't look as invincible as they looked towards the end of the 2013 season.  But it is encouraging to see Brez and Miller pitching well.  Miller I thought had challenges with control, which he seems to get better.  Capauno is a good add.  Even Badenhop seems to be on the mend after some ugly innings earlier in April.  Would like to see Workman and one or two more minor league kids get some opportunity.

Surprised to see Sox just 1.5 behind Yankees and Orioles for the division, and just a game behind the WC, indicating all the teams in ALE and AL are just shuffling along so far without any separation.  But I think we will see some separation happen by mid June, and hoping Sox are on the right side of that separation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Taz and Koji don't look as invincible as they looked towards the end of the 2013 season.  But it is encouraging to see Brez and Miller pitching well.  Miller I thought had challenges with control, which he seems to get better.  Capauno is a good add.  Even Badenhop seems to be on the mend after some ugly innings earlier in April.  Would like to see Workman and one or two more minor league kids get some opportunity.

Surprised to see Sox just 1.5 behind Yankees and Orioles for the division, and just a game behind the WC, indicating all the teams in ALE and AL are just shuffling along so far without any separation.  But I think we will see some separation happen by mid June, and hoping Sox are on the right side of that separation.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a very big Workman fan

Sections
Shortcuts