Gamethread Wednesday Matinee 1:35 Twins @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Gamethread Wednesday Matinee 1:35 Twins @ Boston

#RedSox: Holt RF, Bogaerts 3B, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Nava LF, Pierzynski C, Drew SS, Bradley Jr. CF, Lackey RHP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Gamethread Wednesday Matinee 1:35 Twins @ Boston

JBAY!  You're the man.  I didn't realize it was a day game!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Turning TV...on NOW!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

9 games ago KC was in last place. Way too early to give up on season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Daniel Nava...the Kevin Millar of 2014...just keep trotting him out there for all those productive at bats. Media talking about his upswing of late, I'm like, uh well if he hit a few jacks and drove in a few RBI that would make me feel like he's on an "upswing." We've seen the downswing and it's not pretty and it's darnright pathetic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Rightfield for Brock, very tough field to play during day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Thanks JBay. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rightfield for Brock, very tough field to play during day.

[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles it.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Thanks j-bay, I forgot it was a day game.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Eleanor's quote basically destroyed the whole idea of People Magazine and TMZ.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Daniel Nava...the Kevin Millar of 2014...just keep trotting him out there for all those productive at bats. Media talking about his upswing of late, I'm like, uh well if he hit a few jacks and drove in a few RBI that would make me feel like he's on an "upswing." We've seen the downswing and it's not pretty and it's darnright pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

2005 was when I started my hatred for Francona - his use of Foulke, Millar, and Embree KILLED ME

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Nice play, routine plays are not easy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think it's time to mute Don & Jerry and turn on WEEI - they are killing me already and it's only the first

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

#RedSox: Holt RF, Bogaerts 3B, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Napoli 1B, Nava LF, Pierzynski C, Drew SS, Bradley Jr. CF, Lackey RHP

[/QUOTE]

Brock is down to four positions that he havent play this season, 2b, SS, C and pitching.  Imagine Holt wanted to be a pitcher just to try to be the first player ever play in all position.  Have there is one player that have played in all positions??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, I guess - better to hate on current players than former players, huh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brock is down to four positions that he havent play this season, 2b, SS, C and pitching.  Imagine Holt wanted to be a pitcher just to try to be the first player ever play in all position.  Have there is one player that have played in all positions??

[/QUOTE]

yes, STEVE LYONS....he may have done it all in ONE game too............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

spaceman, if you are comparing Wade Boggs and Nomar to Dan Nava, then I'd say your comparison or comment is misplaced.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When Dan Nava and Johnny Gomes become consistent performers, I'll stop the "hate."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Stanton did it again, Number 20. Guy is a beast. Without him Marlins would have 41 HRS. I cant see them trading him.

HR he hit the other day was incredible, no more than 15 feet off the ground out in 3 or 4 seconds. Looked like a single.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

spaceman, if you are comparing Wade Boggs and Nomar to Dan Nava, then I'd say your comparison or comment is misplaced.

[/QUOTE]

I certainly don't hate Nava.  I certainly did hate Crawford.  And Drew.  Can't forget Drew.......Today?  It's Buck and Mejica but more Buck by far.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

End of the second; Gibson using the same tactic as almost every pitcher has used against the Sox this year. Strike on, called, right down the middle. He's "owning" them after that. One of Nava's problems all year, and now he's back in the habit of leaving his bat on his shoulder and taking called strike three. Why they are giving the pitchers that first strike is beyond me. Pedroia doesn't even look at it/ His foot is in the bucket when the before the pitch even gets to the plate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

No, I am not comparing Nava to Boggs or Nomar.  Boggs was the greatest Sox hitter of his era.  Nomar lifted the franchise on his back.  Red Sox legends both.  nava is a ham and egger, marginal major league talent who has just made the most of his abilities.

But, seriously:  Is it 'hate' to give Nomar a little light-hearted s*&t for whining his way out of town?  Is it 'hate' to give Boggs a little light-hearted s%7t for wearing his pinstripes so proudly?  

Is that the same thing as slagging on a hard-working plebian talent like Daniel Nava?  Nava, if anything, deserves everyones respect.  He wasnt even supposed to be here.  He has been counted out at every level and just worked his way into consideration, and then, had a flat out fantastic year last year.  So, he scuffles fiercely to start 2014, and he, of all people, is deserving of such vitriol and slander?  Why can't we just root for the guy to do better?  He is barely getting paid and, by most accounts besides his own, shouldn't even be here.  How can you not root for the guy, even through his struggles?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Many.  4 have done it in one game.  

Steve Lyons played all 9 as a member of the Red Sox, spread over several years and 3 separate stints.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  Back in the 60's, Bert Campaneris played all nine positions in one game. I think it has been done two or three times since then. I think Cesar Tovar might have been one. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

These have to be two of the weakest offenses in baseball. One run may win it again. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

End of the second; Gibson using the same tactic as almost every pitcher has used against the Sox this year. Strike on, called, right down the middle. He's "owning" them after that. One of Nava's problems all year, and now he's back in the habit of leaving his bat on his shoulder and taking called strike three. Why they are giving the pitchers that first strike is beyond me. Pedroia doesn't even look at it/ His foot is in the bucket when the before the pitch even gets to the plate. 

[/QUOTE]

The Sox swung at the first pitch a lot in last night's game.  Pedroia did it twice.