Gamethread Wednesday Matinee 1:35 Twins @ Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: Gamethread Wednesday Matinee 1:35 Twins @ Boston

Nobody gives Pitchers credit anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody gives Pitchers credit anymore.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Good observation.  This phenomenon is particularly bizarre as the game returns to a more pitching/defense-dominant game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Jose Abreu got # 20 today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Pitchers Pitch fast, throw strikes. Defense gets better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

If that kid Alfredo Despaigne, gets to play in US, and the Sox are not all over him, I'll be ticked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

If that kid Alfredo Despaigne, gets to play in US, and the Sox are not all over him, I'll be ticked.

bobby, have you gone to any game in New Britain, this season? Hartford is trying to move the Rock Cats there. No thanks 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

JBJ has faced him in the Minors he should smack it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bobby, have you gone to any game in New Britain, this season? Hartford is trying to move the Rock Cats there. No thanks 

[/QUOTE]
    Yes, saw Owens Pitch. How are you? Hope well. Maybe Sox can come back to NB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm doing well, thanks. Hope you are, as well. I'll try to catch them the next time through. I think it's a mistake to move the team, for the fans, but politics and money rule the day

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Red Sox inability to do anything on offense the last 5 games is reaching mind-boggling proportions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

This game is extremely important!... Lets help john

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Another solid outing by Lackey

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm doing well, thanks. Hope you are, as well. I'll try to catch them the next time through. I think it's a mistake to move the team, for the fans, but politics and money rule the day

[/QUOTE]

Me too, maybe they will bring in the Yanks. hahaha. You take care, going into work now. You and everyone enjoy the game. GO SOX!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Great move Farrell.  Nava has the ONLY hit, plays stellar left field, but no, He pinch hit with J Gnomes and put him in left field for defensive purpose.

What IS the man-love Farrell has for Gnomes??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If Lack gets this next out (top 9), the Sox are winning this in the bottom of the inning.  I can feel it.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

If Lack gets this next out (top 9), the Sox are winning this in the bottom of the inning.  I can feel it.    

The only thing I'm starting to feel buddy is the obvious mico-mangagement of Farrell.  And, of course, his man-love for Gnomes.

I don't relish talking about management, but I'm really starting to wonder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Sox are going to walk off with the win at some point. You could bet the farm on it. The Twins will not score a run if they played all day. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great move Farrell.  Nava has the ONLY hit, plays stellar left field, but no, He pinch hit with J Gnomes and put him in left field for defensive purpose.

What IS the man-love Farrell has for Gnomes??

[/QUOTE]

It was a left-handed pitcher.  Gomes hits lefties a lot better than Nava does.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only thing I'm starting to feel buddy is the obvious mico-mangagement of Farrell.  And, of course, his man-love for Gnomes.

I don't relish talking about management, but I'm really starting to wonder.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What was the micromanagement?  Are you talking about Gomes hitting for Nava?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox are going to walk off with the win at some point. You could bet the farm on it. The Twins will not score a run if they played all day. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that might apply to the Red Sox too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

despite his percieved “upswing”, nava is still hitting a pathetic .198. $180 million dollar, defending world champion red sox, and our best outfielder is brock holt who isn’t really an outfielder lol. If people really think victorino coming back is going help much, prepare to be let down. The problem is the middle of the order. The only improvement will be defensively as vic as far better than the below avg nava. And it looks like david ortiz has hit the decline phase of his career, only batting .246 to date. Thats why you don’t count on a 38 yr old DH to be one of your primary run producers. Our 3,4,5 hitters are hitting .267 (pedroia), .246 (ortiz) and .268 (napoli) who is followed by nava who is hitting .198. Its pretty obvious why we are not winning games. With the trade deadline just over a month away, its time to start seriously looking into some big moves. The problem the sox fo is likely encountering right now is the lack of available impact outfield bats. Stanton will not be available barring some unexpected change, so the top options will likely be matt kemp and if the rockies continue to slide, possible carlos gonzalez. (no chance they deal tulo, but cargo would be more expendable given the depth they have in the outfield) We match up well with the rockies as they need pitchers. We have major league ready guys like de la rosa, workman and doubront, and we have prospects in barnes ranuado webster etc.  Kemp is also a fit, and his recent offensive upswing could increase the chances of him being dealt. He would fit nicely into LF and his right handed bat would play well in fenway. Also, he would likely cost less in terms of prospects/players than cargo. I would take either, but I think kemp is more likely. This team needs a bat in the worst way, lackey with a shutout today but we couldn’t even muster more than 1 hit against kyle gibson. Unless bogaerts keeps the inning going, we are headed to extras despite getting a great start from lackey. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

Jose Abreu got # 20 today.

[/QUOTE]

Red Sox and other teams missed the boat on him.  He would have looked great at first base this year and at DH when Big Papi retires.  Power bats are hard to find.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

despite his percieved “upswing”, nava is still hitting a pathetic .198. $180 million dollar, defending world champion red sox, and our best outfielder is brock holt who isn’t really an outfielder lol. If people really think victorino coming back is going help much, prepare to be let down. The problem is the middle of the order. The only improvement will be defensively as vic as far better than the below avg nava. And it looks like david ortiz has hit the decline phase of his career, only batting .246 to date. Thats why you don’t count on a 38 yr old DH to be one of your primary run producers. Our 3,4,5 hitters are hitting .267 (pedroia), .246 (ortiz) and .268 (napoli) who is followed by nava who is hitting .198. Its pretty obvious why we are not winning games. With the trade deadline just over a month away, its time to start seriously looking into some big moves. The problem the sox fo is likely encountering right now is the lack of available impact outfield bats. Stanton will not be available barring some unexpected change, so the top options will likely be matt kemp and if the rockies continue to slide, possible carlos gonzalez. (no chance they deal tulo, but cargo would be more expendable given the depth they have in the outfield) We match up well with the rockies as they need pitchers. We have major league ready guys like de la rosa, workman and doubront, and we have prospects in barnes ranuado webster etc.  Kemp is also a fit, and his recent offensive upswing could increase the chances of him being dealt. He would fit nicely into LF and his right handed bat would play well in fenway. Also, he would likely cost less in terms of prospects/players than cargo. I would take either, but I think kemp is more likely. This team needs a bat in the worst way, lackey with a shutout today but we couldn’t even muster more than 1 hit against kyle gibson. Unless bogaerts keeps the inning going, we are headed to extras despite getting a great start from lackey. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I stopped reading at "perceived".

Since his return - .353 BA, .862 OPS.  What is "perceived" about that upswing?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Damn.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

That is probably the game, considering the lack of offense from the Sox.  :(

Sections
Shortcuts