Gamethread Wednesday Red Sox @ Baltimore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

Re: Gamethread Wednesday Red Sox @ Baltimore

This team is beyond a train wreck.  It's the Hindenburg.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

well 4 hits aint bad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Three games in Baltimore. . Sox score a total of one run. Enough said. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

It is a pretty feeble bunch Denny.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This is a substandard baseball product. The rain delay was more suspenseful than the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yes Tr they are  surprisingly or shockingly bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Those of you who had the NESN broadcast missed a little something from the ESPN team.  Sutcliffe said he noticed in reviewing tapes of the Tiger game that De La Rosa seemed to be tipping his pitches when in the stretch. His glove angle is flat when it's going to be a fastball and ever so slightly more at an upward angle when an off-speed pitch is coming.  They showed several ABs of the Tiger games where Detroit hitters put incredible swiings on what had been a put-away change and a few from tonight as well.  I watched after he said it and he appeared to be onto something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Those of you who had the NESN broadcast missed a little something from the ESPN team.  Sutcliffe said he noticed in reviewing tapes of the Tiger game that De La Rosa seemed to be tipping his pitches when in the stretch. His glove angle is flat when it's going to be a fastball and ever so slightly more at an upward angle when an off-speed pitch is coming.  They showed several ABs of the Tiger games where Detroit hitters put incredible swiings on what had been a put-away change and a few from tonight as well.  I watched after he said it and he appeared to be onto something.

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Farkell a pitching coach at one time and Nieves is the current pitching coach. Maybe the SOX FO should hire Sutcliffe as a pitching coach advisor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya you would think either farrell or nieves would notice that he was tipping his pitches. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Don't know which is bad, the 10-game losing streak, or the 1-run in a 3-game series.  What more are we going to see from this team this season, breaking some ignomious 20-30 year old records.

Hitting is atrocious, and this team is way better than this.  Even Papi and Pedey, the reliable ones, are MIA.

This season should now be used to bring the kids up, like De La Rossa, Workman, Webster, Betts ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Three games in Baltimore. . Sox score a total of one run. Enough said. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

The Sox FO thought they could rest on the laurels of last year. The Sox picked up A.J., Mujica, and Sizemore. And the Yankees added Tanaka, Ellsbury, McCann and Beltran. CMON, MAN. The "perfect storm" that happened last year ain't gonna happen this year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't know which is bad, the 10-game losing streak, or the 1-run in a 3-game series.  What more are we going to see from this team this season, breaking some ignomious 20-30 year old records.

Hitting is atrocious, and this team is way better than this.  Even Papi and Pedey, the reliable ones, are MIA.

This season should now be used to bring the kids up, like De La Rossa, Workman, Webster, Betts ....

[/QUOTE]

If we are still in this position at the All Star break..then I agree with you. If the veterans aren't going to produce..then I think it would at least be more exciting to watch the kids play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

feels like double digits for the sox today.

[/QUOTE]

by double digits i mean 0

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not to worry. Middlebrooks is making a rehab. All is well. Lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

And fans still bashing or blaming on Drew cuz of the way they are playing now!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

If only it had kept raining

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

BenC's appearance in Baltimore was to announce the signing of Torres to a Minor League deal…I thought he was stopping by to make some serious changes: send JBJ to AAA, DFA Sizemore and Mujica. Bring up Betts and Cecchini and place Drew on the DL.

Now with Xander heading for an 0 for 20---Ortiz and Nap--not providing anything much Herrera is heading for the Mendoza to accompany Ross and JBJ. 

Okay so here's what you have on the bench:

Drew, Nava, Ross and Gomes--------those are not exactly terrifying when the opposing manager looks over from the other dugout.

Xander broke his MO last night and actually went after a first pitch strike. Every opposing pitcher knows Xander and Nap will take a strike generally. JBJ said going back two years ago something about the challenge of hitting with two strikes, maybe that was in college---he seems to be in a two strike hole season 2 and he's averaging one hit in every 5 plate appearances.

Knowing how much BenC likes those Draft Picks he may not make any moves thinking if the Sox tank and have one of the worst 10 records he would have that pick protected no matter how many FA he signs in the off season. I hope that's not what he's thinking.

The Nation will be restless tonight if it winds up being the same old, same old----maybe a few boos when the Manager goes out to change pitchers or challenge calls, etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Xander (0x16) Bogaerts: "I’m going through a tough stretch. I’m going to be fine. Sit back, relax and enjoy. I’ll be fine.” #redsox

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Another 4 hits last night !!!  AS I HAVE STATED, "WE" LOOK OLD & SLOW !!!!   Not good........  Long term contracts sap the energy from the team !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another 4 hits last night !!!  AS I HAVE STATED, "WE" LOOK OLD & SLOW !!!!   Not good........  Long term contracts sap the energy from the team !!

[/QUOTE]

We have hardly any long term contracts.  Try again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Oh, we don't ????  What do you consider PAPI, Pedroia & Lester waiting in the wings.... Then, add in the age/injuries and here we are, 6 months after our WORLD SERIES VICTORY !!!!!  Rosters are "LIVING & BREATHING INSTRUMENTS"  !!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Oh, we don't ????  What do you consider PAPI, Pedroia & Lester waiting in the wings.... Then, add in the age/injuries and here we are, 6 months after our WORLD SERIES VICTORY !!!!!  Rosters are "LIVING & BREATHING INSTRUMENTS"  !!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The Ortiz contract is a one year extension, not "long term".

Pedroia got two of the Sox four his last night, so suggesting he was part of the problem is, well, stupid.

Finally, I'd love to hear how a contract "waiting in the wings" has any affect on how the Sox are playing.

Spend less time listening to talk radio. You'll be better off in the long run.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe
    Xander (0x16) Bogaerts: "I’m going through a tough stretch. I’m going to be fine. Sit back, relax and enjoy. I’ll be fine.” #redsox

[/QUOTE]

What planet does he live on?   What exactly are we supposed to be enjoying?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

[object HTMLDivElement]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

‏@PeteAbe

what is there to enjoy exactly?  well, i'll say this at least:  come August 17th you will all look back at these early summer days and think how great it was not to have sand kicked in your face by the Houston Astros in 4 straight at home and 7 of 7 including several crushing and several other down right embrasing defeats. And then at the end of the season you'll also look back and think, you know, for a team that just lost 100 games at least there was a point in June where we were only 9 games back.  So listen to Bogy.  He knows what of his speaks.  Enjoy it now.  While you can. Sit back and relax.  Listen to Vic too and don't worry about a ting man.  And remember folks, you heard it here first..........