2. Dustin Pedroia (2B)
    3. David Ortiz (DH)
    4. Mike Napoli (1B)
    5. Jonny Gomes (LF)
    6. Xander Bogaerts (3B)
    7. Jackie Bradley Jr. (CF)
    8. Mookie Betts (RF)
    9. Christian Vazquez (C)
    SP: Rubby De La Rosa (RHP) (2-2, 2.51 ERA)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Gamethread Wednesday White Sox @ Boston

Sale may strike out 20 tonight

Defense.  It is still important.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here tonight ..............................

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    And MLB announces Koji Uehara is indeed an All-Star, replacing Tanaka. @TeamUehara was an 8-time All-Star in Japan, this is his 1st in MLB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Who is this Abreu with the 28 home runs?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Already down two runs. This game is over. I am not going to waste my time watching it. Losing is not a bad thing at this point. Enjoy the game.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

What a catch!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Did you see that catch Coco made?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm sure I'll take heat for this comment: Rubby was on a terrific streak, then got optioned. Now he's back and now he's getting hit hard. This is why when you decide to drop guys, you better think about the player himself. The Sox could have easily dropped a number of guys other than Ruby when they did. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I see from the box score that Papi broke up the no-hitter. If the SOX get more than 2 hits off of Sale, I'd be very surprised.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sure I'll take heat for this comment: Rubby was on a terrific streak, then got optioned. Now he's back and now he's getting hit hard. This is why when you decide to drop guys, you better think about the player himself. The Sox could have easily dropped a number of guys other than Ruby when they did. 

[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, Buchholtz and Mujica continue to cost the Sox game after game after game.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny, you sound surprised that Farkell and the FO may have made a mistake. I'm surprised when they don't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Mujica is the guy who I wanted gone when Ruby was optioned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I don't understand it.  You can teach a pitcher the curveball, but you can't teach velocity.  Velocity is a God-given talent. 

Why hasn't Ruby D. learned the breaking ball?  The slider to go along with his fastball and change isn't enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

My point really is that here's a kid on a hot streak, thrown brilliantly, and then you shake his confidence by sending him to AAA. It's demoralizing especially for a young kid. The message is terrible even if you are trying to play the "well, he has options game"... That is my all-time pet peeve, hitter or pitcher. Don't ever drop a guy who is hot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Already down two runs. This game is over. I am not going to waste my time watching it. Losing is not a bad thing at this point. Enjoy the game.

[/QUOTE]

I just want to watch the kids, Pumpsie.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

My point really is that here's a kid on a hot streak, thrown brilliantly, and then you shake his confidence by sending him to AAA. It's demoralizing especially for a young kid. The message is terrible even if you are trying to play the "well, he has options game"... That is my all-time pet peeve, hitter or pitcher. Don't ever drop a guy who is hot.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Under ordinary circumstances, it would baffle me.  With what sox management is doing, it doesn't surprise me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Speaking of curveballs, what ever happened to Buchholz's big 12-6 breaking ball?  It's missing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Danny, I think it was because he had options. I'm sure he was told that and he would be back up, and he is. He handled it well. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just want to watch the kids, Pumpsie.

[/QUOTE]

Kids? Kids are who the government sent to Vietnam to be killed and maimed. These guys are young men playing a kid's game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jay, it's not easy to turn on and off the faucet in MLB, especially from AAA to MLB...two entirely different levels.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

The SOX have 2 hits in 3 innings; I'm guessing Sale must be a little off tonight.