1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: GARZA or LEE?

How about Jake Peavy - better and cheaper than Garza, though riskier.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about not paying twice what any of these guys are worth and waiting for winter for a big pitcher splash?

Trade mid-level prospects for a platoon 3Bman who can hit lefties and a couple pen arms.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The bat: might the Rockies be willing to part with Cuddyer and Bettancourt? I think he has played third for the Twins--he would be a nice middle of the order threat behind Ortiz and Nap. In addition Cuddyer can play multiple positions--R, L, 1 B, 2 B, 3b.

Maybe Lester and Middlebrooks in return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

seems like these 2 are the prime targets. garza's stock is rising, he has pitched in the AL east wars before. lee is a precision type guy and older with much more $ left. but he will cost the least prospects. theo will want a haul and a premium from the sawx. for lbig pic, garza's the better pitcher and option. for the right here and now, i want LEE.

I like this guy the best......Nobody ..... Ever here of him ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

The bat: might the Rockies be willing to part with Cuddyer and Bettancourt? I think he has played third for the Twins--he would be a nice middle of the order threat behind Ortiz and Nap. In addition Cuddyer can play multiple positions--R, L, 1 B, 2 B, 3b.

Maybe Lester and Middlebrooks in return.

They are not getting rid of WMB and Lester this year. The reason? You would be selling very low on both players right now, which is the reason they wont be trading either of them IMHO. Besides, if you trade Lester, his 2014 option is void and he becomes a 2 month rental, which would make his value even lower than it is right now.

Start thinking about players that will be rule 5 eligible this year and have a good chance of not being protected and scooped up by another team, ie; Brandon Jacobs. there are plenty to choose from without disrupting the current roster.

Sections
Shortcuts