gee, ACE kicked off the 40 man roster+outrighted to AAA, what did he do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Re: gee, ACE kicked off the 40 man roster+outrighted to AAA, what did he do?

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

Someone help me please.  What's the difference between "optioning" him to Pawtucket and "outrighting" him to Pawtucket?

I know, I know.  I should know this stuff.  But I don't. And if I don't ask, I won't.  :-)

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

I think you option him if he has options, I think outrighting him means he has no options and has to clear wavers. I could be wrong, Im no expert.

That is partly correct. Aceves had options. Outrightimg removes the player off the 40 man, and also exposes the player to waivers. This is slightly different than DFA which you remove a player off the 40 man and have 10 days to outright, trade, or place him back on the roster.

Does he have the right to refuse the outright assignment and become a free agent ?

I don't think so.  You have to have 5 years of major league service time for that.  I think this is the 6th season for Aceves, but I don't think his time in the majors adds up to 5 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

this is bad for ace and highly doubt he will last past this month on this team. that last performance must have been the final straw. dont think it was an injury. methinks its a behind the scenes professional isssue. cant say i'm shocked, farrell blew it with this guy, as did cherington. he deserved to b a full-time contributor in the bullpen as the lead spot-starter esp over the likes of webster's ordinary!

Wrong...... ACE blew it.......Behind the scenes issues is not managers fault. Maybe growing up and acting like the professional that he should be??? Ace might think that he's the I in team, does he not know there is no I....? Do you want a head case on the team to ruin a good thing going on right now.If it was all sox fault how come not one team pick him up .?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Someone help me please.  What's the difference between "optioning" him to Pawtucket and "outrighting" him to Pawtucket?

I know, I know.  I should know this stuff.  But I don't. And if I don't ask, I won't.  :-)

I think you option him if he has options, I think outrighting him means he has no options and has to clear wavers. I could be wrong, Im no expert.

[/QUOTE]

That is partly correct. Aceves had options. Outrightimg removes the player off the 40 man, and also exposes the player to waivers. This is slightly different than DFA which you remove a player off the 40 man and have 10 days to outright, trade, or place him back on the roster.

[/QUOTE]

Does he have the right to refuse the outright assignment and become a free agent ?

[/QUOTE]

If he has enough service time, but he would forfit his salary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I am sure JimfromFlorida is simply 'enjoying the ride' on this one.

I am

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Another example of how not all professional players have common sense. Of course we have all worked with at least one guy/girl who has talent and ability but no common sense or ability to play well with others in the sand box.

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If he has enough service time, but he would forfit his salary.

Could be that since no one claimed him off waivers, he is reluctant to take a gamble at free agency. For some reason, he just parted ways with his agent. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

How exactly does one become "a full-time contributor in the bullpen as the lead spot-starter"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

How exactly does one become "a full-time contributor in the bullpen as the lead spot-starter"?

i meant "and.... "... so he's in the bull pen as long guy.. when something happens like to buch he's the starter indefinitely or if guy gets bombed he's tthe long guy from bullpen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think it's a combination of the Seattle incident,Stephan Drew almost ready to come back and his pisspoor attitude! Oh well they need pitchers in Japan!