Georom / BaseballDr hoped Yanks would sign Lee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Georom / BaseballDr hoped Yanks would sign Lee

Umm, yeah, I think Burrito was being sarcastic.
    His hate for the Yankees surpasses his disdain for me.  Frown

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

In Response to Re: Georom / BaseballDr hoped Yanks would sign Lee:
    [QUOTE]Umm, yeah, I think Burrito was being sarcastic. His hate for the Yankees surpasses his disdain for me. 
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Do you agree with Georom4 that you wish that the Yankees had signed Lee? It sounds like most on the thread agreed with him? Why not let Bill Gates become a parner with Steinbrenner and buy everyone available? It sounds like that is what Georom4 desires?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Pike took a thread Geo started in December and took it out of context to start this thread. It's a familiar ploy of his to further divide the board. As I re-read that thread, I think Geo was referring to wanting to see the best face the best for the title. In that respect, he was saying he felt Boston was the team to beat.

Why is it posters have the need to stereotype others if they show they are also baseball fans? I have the O's as a dark horse this year. Does that make me a lesser RedSox fan? Not hardly. Pike-ism is the second-coming of McCarthyism.

Many talented writers and actors were blacklisted due to cheap tactics used to fuse the red scare. His tactics are no different. It's not a matter of patriotism or allegiance. It's all about exercising the need to label people and create a lynch-mob mentality.

To answer your question, I was ecstatic that Lee kissed-off NY. But that's the RedSox fan in me talking. As a fan of sports, it would be interesting to see two stocked teams doing battle. It's like watching the Frazier-Ali fights. Did you want to see a mis-match? Do you get off watching a lop-sided heavyweight fight? That's all Geo is saying, IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Pike sees it as his sacred duty to expose all traitors on the board, both real and imagined. It's a thankless job.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]Kind of the Joe McCarthy of this forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

anyone whoo reads this board knows i am not DR - he despises Ells, I love him-he hates Lowrie, I dont...the only thing we have in common is Coma

as for the point of the thread, who doesnt want the Sox to beat the Yankees at their best? When Beckett schooled CC a few weeks ago that was as good as it gets. The Celts beating Magic/Lakers in 1984 was greater than the titile in 1981 imho because we beat the best. This rivalry is the best thing in all sports - it should be that way forever....i wasnt afraid of Cliff Lee, CC, Arod, Reggie Jackson, Mickey Rivers, Catfish HUnter - I know the Sox could take them then, and we will beat them now.

btw, how many alias' does pike have exactly?? LOl

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

Let's reverse the situation and ask the Yankee fans a question? How many Yankee fans were happy when we traded for Adrian Gonzalez and added Carl Crawford? Were they ecstatic that those moves had the effect of making the Red Sox much more competitive and even the favorite? Did they prefer the status quo and want to win the division by 5-10 games or did they prefer as Georom does that it go down to the last game ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah that would have been interesting - hopefully next year they (YANKS) will have Felix and Albert - how very interesting.  Perhaps by 2013 they can also get Josh Hamilton and John Lester - how interesting that would be.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You forgot Papelbon next year. Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]My problem with the thread that Pike linked to was that someone osted that most Italians are Yankees fans. I resent that. I'm Italian -- all my grandparents are from Italy -- and I'm not a YANKEES fan. (EDIT: FIXED)
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Storicamente c'é un fondo di verità in quello che dice - gli italo-americani tendevano di giocare per i yankees piuttosto che per i red sox. Ed é per questo che si trova ancora gli ecchi di questa preferenza per la squadra da parte della communità italo-americana. Ma ormai sono, appunto, ecchi - passati da una generazione precendente (in cui la distinzione etnica aveva piú senso) a quella contemporanea. Ora non credo che ci sia tanta differenza tra le due squadre rispetto alla questione dell' "italianità".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

glum apparently rhymes with dumb - no one was "ecstatic" over anything - let alone a hypothetical signing of a player that the Yanks never got ...

what is sad is that you expect Sox fan's to whine, pizz, and moan about the Yanks getting a good player...do you have faith in your team? I guess not - I dont care if the Yanks signed Pujols and Ty Cobb from the grave next year -  Im still watching the games and Im still expecting my team to win...

if i didnt know any better, i would say your whining sounds like a CONCERN TROLL....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I doubt he knows either

[QUOTE]i think Pike has jumped on the crazy train....i have no idea what he is referring to
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Georom / BaseballDr hoped Yanks would sign Lee : You forgot Papelbon next year.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Yes that would be quite interesting.

Sections
Shortcuts