Get rid of Drew now before.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Get rid of Drew now before.......

90% of this forum looks stupid ..........come on Ben pull the plug on him for the good of the fans .......if you don't act soon he might help us get back into this thing ......
    Wear your hat with pride or take it off!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Re: Get rid of Drew now before.......

Guy is gunna be at his career Avg or higher in two weeks then it will be to late......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Quick DFA HIM before his value gets up or he actually wins a game for us!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

I don't get it. You mean he should be judged on his 3600 career at bats instead of his last 80?

What an odd concept.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Love this thread.

other names i have posted under:  none

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

So he goes 2-4 on a night when everyone was mashing and he is now the next Tulowitzki? I don't think anyone would take him if we picked up all the money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So he goes 2-4 on a night when everyone was mashing and he is now the next Tulowitzki? I don't think anyone would take him if we picked up all the money.

[/QUOTE]

so you don't think ONE team would pick up a free plus defender at SS for a playoff run???? even to use as a back up????

you do, pay attention to baseball? do you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get it. You mean he should be judged on his 3600 career at bats instead of his last 80?

What an odd concept.

[/QUOTE]

I nominate this for post of the day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so you don't think ONE team would pick up a free plus defender at SS for a playoff run???? even to use as a back up????

[/QUOTE]

I think the answer is obvious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has been starting to hit better since before the All-Star break.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He does take a roster spot, those tend to be valuable.  You do follow baseball enough to know what a roster spot is don't you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

So he is not worthy of a roster spot on any team in MLB, even with his salary being paid by us?

LOL... 'Drew Derangement Syndrome' on full display here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's been playing great defence at shortstop.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He does take a roster spot, those tend to be valuable.  You do follow baseball enough to know what a roster spot is don't you?

[/QUOTE]

Hate is such an ugly emotion.

Let it go.

You'll feel better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good job being original.  Yes, I do know what a roster spot it is by the way, I also know value as well....something you obviously do not.  As you think that no team would take Drew for free, if you truly believe that....then you don't pay attention to baseball.  Case. closed. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Over his last 63 plate appearances, Drew has an OPS of .796.   Over his last 45 plate appearances, Drew has an OPS of .945.   If you want to call those “small samples sizes,” they do represent a significant portion of the 114PA he has this season by which most of his critics are judging him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Trade him while he is hot. He has no use for this team once Victorino is activated.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade him while he is hot. He has no use for this team once Victorino is activated.

[/QUOTE]

And if Victorino gets hurt again?

That isn't out of the realm of possibility.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Over his last 63 plate appearances, Drew has an OPS of .796.   Over his last 45 plate appearances, Drew has an OPS of .945.   If you want to call those “small samples sizes,” they do represent a significant portion of the 114PA he has this season by which most of his critics are judging him.

[/QUOTE]

The anti-Drew crowd has absolutely no grounds to cry "small sample size"...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except, you know, playing shortstop...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to rsinsider's comment:
    [QUOTE]

90% of this forum looks stupid ..........come on Ben pull the plug on him for the good of the fans .......if you don't act soon he might help us get back into this thing ......

[/QUOTE]

Boston won 8 in the last 9 games, and fans still want Drew out of the Boston organization.  Drew isnt the main reason why Boston struggled in the month of May to June.   Drew is playing as good as anyone in the league.  He is one of the better SS defender in MLB.  Trading him away, and putting Bogarets back in SS is going to be a huge mistake.

Like I said it before, leave the team alone!!!  Maybe trade away Carp if they need to find a room for Middy.  That is about it!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he wants Bogearts back at SS and Holt at 3rd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he wants Bogearts back at SS and Holt at 3rd.

[/QUOTE]

and then Boston will go on 10 games losing streak!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The anti-Drew crowd has absolutely no grounds to cry "small sample size"...

[/QUOTE]

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! THEY CAN'T use his last 30 days, or his last 63 plate appearances, but THEY CAN use the last 63, or 200 before that...BUT THEY can't use the 4,032 plate appearances it totality. 

In other words, they have to use small sample sizes when Drew is doing bad, but when he starts playing well, they can't use small sample sizes, BUT they refuse to reference large sample sizes...rather they have to cherry pick the sample sizes that show how completely awful he is. In other words....they are supposed to cherry pick the sample size that builds the narrative they want, because they dislike Stephen Drew.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying Drew is an all star caliber player, or the savior of this team. NOR am I saying I advocated for his return.  What I am saying is it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest he is a player that holds zero value, and it is even more ridiculous to suggest that no other team would want to employ Drew at this point.  Please note, that in a trade, draft pick compensation is no longer attached, also note that teams are more desperate for help around the deadline.