Get Rid of the Hate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Get Rid of the Hate

Guy can't hit, another guy can't get anybody out; for some reason I can't get myself to hate him. I can hope he's traded, retires, or gets sent to Palookaville, but I'll save my hatreds for people who beat up their wives, or run internet scam operations. 

Maybe that's because I've been a flop once or twice in my 89+ years, and there was always someone there to say "better luck next time"

I'll bet none of the guys who stunk up the place tonight will go home and take it out on someone else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Get Rid of the Hate

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Guy can't hit, another guy can't get anybody out; for some reason I can't get myself to hate him. I can hope he's traded, retires, or gets sent to Palookaville, but I'll save my hatreds for people who beat up their wives, or run internet scam operations. 

Maybe that's because I've been a flop once or twice in my 89+ years, and there was always someone there to say "better luck next time"

I'll bet none of the guys who stunk up the place tonight will go home and take it out on someone else.

It's not a matter of hate, it's a matter of being unacceptable for a team with a payroll this high. Cheers to you mal for being 89, but your comment two weeks ago about Buchholz? He's not good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

It's not a matter of hate, it's a matter of being unacceptable for a team with a payroll this high. Cheers to you mal for being 89, but your comment two weeks ago about Buchholz? He's not good.

Yeh, I really thought that Houston game was for real. Maybe it was, but just  a freakish performance. Anyway, I couldn't have been more wrong. But, I don't hate the guy. And, you may find the entire year unacceptable, but look around these postings; one guy talks about who he hates most! That's really unacceptable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Clay had little or nothing tonight. It is fair to say that he stunk. Okay. The thing that really bothered me was Doubront's performance. I don't care how disgruntled you may be, this is a major league baseball game. You are a highly paid professional. People have paid good money to watch the game. Is it too much to ask that you at least try your best and act as if you actually care? That was disgraceful. Doubront is , at least , a fairly talented pitcher. We have seen evidence of that. I don't want to see him throw another pitch in a Red Sox uniform. Not after what I saw tonight.

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Clay had little or nothing tonight. It is fair to say that he stunk. Okay. The thing that really bothered me was Doubront's performance. I don't care how disgruntled you may be, this is a major league baseball game. You are a highly paid professional. People have paid good money to watch the game. Is it too much to ask that you at least try your best and act as if you actually care? That was disgraceful. Doubront is , at least , a fairly talented pitcher. We have seen evidence of that. I don't want to see him throw another pitch in a Red Sox uniform. Not after what I saw tonight.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Which is exactly why I think they left him hanging so long, gale. Nieves never made a mound visit, you talk ^&*(, that's how you'll be treated. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Now I wish I had seen it!

I hate missing an opportunity to build up a little hate!   ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ooops there it is......

I'm at righteous indignation, and I haven't even seen highlights!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

You are right on re/the attitude; I think the jury is still out on the talent. Somehow I think the two go together.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

I've disliked Doubront from day 1; I disagree that he's "fairly talented." The guy outright stinks and the sooner he is gone, the better. Maybe the SOX can get a room deodorizer for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Yeh, I really thought that Houston game was for real. Maybe it was, but just  a freakish performance. Anyway, I couldn't have been more wrong. But, I don't hate the guy. And, you may find the entire year unacceptable, but look around these postings; one guy talks about who he hates most! That's really unacceptable.

Nobody should hate mal. Unfortunately, there's hate in our world unneccesarily. It's fun to complain about the Red Sox because you know why? It won't affect my job, it won't affect my marriage, my kids or my family.

People nail me for being a complainer, but it's fun. I want the Sox to succeed. My 85 year old Mom looks forward to watching them every day, and we she has to switch them off for the Batchelorette, that's bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to bugmenot2's comment:

One poster on the gamethread admitted that he was "gloating" that Clay B. did so poorly.

does that guy's moniker start with an "a" and end with a "h?"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bosoxmal, I hope I can even post at 89. Sometimes I forget that guys on this board are really, really long-time fans and not just a bunch of 20 or 30somethings. Anyway, it's not hate, any of this stuff, it's frustration. All of this, agonizing frustration to see a WS champion turn to mush in less than 100 games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

If you think this year's team is bad, wait till you get a gander at next year's team. It'll be worse, and that's not that easy to do.

Sections
Shortcuts