Get The Names Off of the Road Jerseys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonrcal. Show bostonrcal's posts

Get The Names Off of the Road Jerseys

Teams with great traditions do not put players' names on the uniforms...ie., the Yankees, Notre Dame, USC, etc.  The Red Sox should be in the same grouping...get rid of the players' names!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Get The Names Off of the Road Jerseys

In response to bostonrcal's comment:

Teams with great traditions do not put players' names on the uniforms...ie., the Yankees, Notre Dame, USC, etc.  The Red Sox should be in the same grouping...get rid of the players' names!

will this somehow make them play any better? if not then who cares

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Of all the things to complain about this team, this is your choice? 

Well then...

If I'm going to entertain the idea - my only thought would be - get rid of the current road uniforms period. The gray and blue is dull. I preferred when the road unis had red letters and numbers. They are the 'Red' Sox after all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think that is the last thing on Cherington's mind.   LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonrcal. Show bostonrcal's posts

I have been a Red Sox fan longer than most of you have been alive.  Stating my opinion on the uniforms takes nothing away from what I know is a monumental task to rebuild this team.  While many of you will go back and forth on the merits of signing Josh H. or trading for David W., I will comment on something that I actually know ...the road uniforms look like crap and they should be changed.  The time it would take for Ben C. to make that decision is hardly relevant...he should be able to figure that out before his first cup of coffee tomorrow AM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I have been a Red Sox fan longer than most of you have been alive.  Stating my opinion on the uniforms takes nothing away from what I know is a monumental task to rebuild this team.  While many of you will go back and forth on the merits of signing Josh H. or trading for David W., I will comment on something that I actually know ...the road uniforms look like crap and they should be changed.  The time it would take for Ben C. to make that decision is hardly relevant...he should be able to figure that out before his first cup of coffee tomorrow AM.

I Like the idea and also like hte idea of the colors being grey and red, not blue...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Perhaps you might want to consider that Cherington has little to do with the uniforms. So I agree he should be able to figure it out before his first cup of coffee. Chosing the uniforms and/or making changes to them, would be something that Luccino would be responsible for oversight of. Who along with Henry and Werner would do so if the brand/marketing department made a compelling enough case that it was in the best interest of the brands image or drove top line sales. Maybe you should write the team a letter and let them know how you feel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

You have been a sox fan since 1940?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

And, while we are b**ching about uniform code, since the league refuses to mandate this, the Sox organization should, without delay, mandate at least 3 inches of stirrup reveal under pants.  I won't stand for another inning of pants all the way down over the cleats!! (Papi, I am talking to you ... remember how cool you looked in those 1918 throwbacks??)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

since you all wanted to get rid of veterans and bring up "kids" we absolutely need the names on teh back of the jerseys.  they should add them to the home uniforms too.

while were at it, should we ban beards just because the yankees dont allow it?

no beer, no chicken, no names.  what is next? 

i say from now on NESN only broadcasts the games in black and white.  and no more night games....day games only.  no batting gloves and oak bats only.  the handle must be as wide as the barrel.  also bring back the bullpen carts, pitchers hitting, and all starting pitchers must complete the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Let's have one player from each team wear the wrong name on his jersey each game.

A thousand bucks to the first caller who calls in with the right answer.

Have the phone number for the dugout posted on screen and Farrell takes the call, gives the thumbs up or thumbs down ...right on T.V!!!

If you call in with the wrong answer, you get your picture on the big screen ( with a pink Red Sox hat on your head) with G O A T in large letters  underneath.

We could have lots of fun with this, perhaps many wouldn't notice if Pedroia had O R T I Z printed on his back.

Or they could just all wear Johnny Pesky's #6 for the whole season.

Or they could wear the baggy , old timey  uniforms with no names or numbers for the whole season...hey, if they are going to play like bozos, they might as well look like bozos, too.

Sections
Shortcuts