Getting Sick of Sox Whining

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Getting Sick of Sox Whining

So, Youk got called out by Valentine. So what! Youk has been comatose since Opening Day, for the most part. and...Pedey should have kept his mouth shut. We need winners, not whiners. His reference to BV in Japan was "minor-league" garbage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining

But aren't you whining now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Getting Sick of Sox Whining:
    So, Youk got called out by Valentine. So what! Youk has been comatose since Opening Day, for the most part. and...Pedey should have kept his mouth shut. We need winners, not whiners. His reference to BV in Japan was "minor-league" garbage.
    Posted by PetesCall

Bobby V Running his mouth to the media is garbage any way you want to look at it. aManager stands by his team and doesnt send his players to the wolfes ( media ) The only back Bobby V has is his.All the sox players should get behind Pedey and stand united as a team and not take VALs bulls....t

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In Response to Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining:
    In Response to Getting Sick of Sox Whining : Bobby V Running his mouth to the media is garbage any way you want to look at it. aManager stands by his team and doesnt send his players to the wolfes ( media ) The only back Bobby V has is his.All the sox players should get behind Pedey and stand united as a team and not take VALs bulls....t
    Posted by donrd4

There is no Francona way now.  Stand behind Pedroia...lmao.  Bobby V was brought in because these guys don't know how to act professional in the clubhouse.  They can't manage themselves or Francona would still be here.  The players will get everything they deserve now.  Go Bobby V......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In Response to Getting Sick of Sox Whining : Bobby V Running his mouth to the media is garbage any way you want to look at it. aManager stands by his team and doesnt send his players to the wolfes ( media ) The only back Bobby V has is his.All the sox players should get behind Pedey and stand united as a team and not take VALs bulls....t
    Posted by donrd4
      And wasn't it Youk a few years ago suggesting to the media that Ellsbury was a wimp because his rib injury?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In Response to Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining :   And wasn't it Youk a few years ago suggesting to the media that Ellsbury was a wimp because his rib injury?
    Posted by NHBALLFAN

I think your right NH.  But I think it was more about not being with the team while he was hurt.  A bigger question is will Ells come back and play at all now?  Given his past reputation for healing after an injury.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

But Youk did make that comment to the media right? about Ellsbury?.............
    but that was okay...now that he was called out it's an issue.  What hypocrisy.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Getting Sick of Sox Whining:
    Posted by PetesCall

Amen, brother! The "Country Club" is back in Boston.

It's high time that these fat cats shut their mouths, and started to produce.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

4-6 isn't cutting it.....PRODUCE or quit  your complaining

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I liked Pedey's "japan" comment.  If Bobby V wants to take subtle, or not so subtle, digs at guys in the media, than Bobby is opening himself up to the same type of digs. 

The whole story is completely overblown but that is the ESPN tabloid style media machine at work.  They talk about an issue incessently and then say "this issue isn't going away".  It is actually laughable.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pete's Call by the way is a Yankee fan who starts threads once a month and never returns to them. Don't know why he is so concerned about another team's problems.
    Posted by Calzone65

He's a Yankee fan. Doesn't that explain it??

LOL!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

new manager but same problems.....these players feel this entitlement that i just dont understand.....if anything they should be criticized for coming up short of the playoffs the last three years with the talent to win it all in all of those seasons.....there is definitely a case of inmates running the asylum in that organization right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

The longer I sit on it, the more I think Pedroia was wrong to do what he did, and the more I support what Bobby V did.  I still think Bobby V's timing was odd, and the comment was poorly articulated.  I accept the possibility that he was trying to explain Youk's slow start.  Not really calling him out at all, to my way of thinking.  But, since Youk was having a good home stand and was complaining of a sore groin, he probably should have deflected the question as irrelevant, considering Youk's recent contributions to the team.

But Pedroia's comments are petty at best, destructive at worst.  Yeah, its big of him to stand up for a teammate, even though said teammate often does not stand up for his fellow teammates.  But the shot about Japan shows his insensitivity (to the "Japanese" way of doing things, whatever he thinks that might be), disrespectfulness (to his manager, who is only working here because of the way the previous manager was disrespected and taken advantage of), and hypocrisy (If you want the manager to keep things private, you need to practice what you are preaching...it would have been so much more powerful as a message). 

If Pedey is the presumptive team captain and player spokesperson because of his personality, I am beginning to think this team is doomed to thrid or fourth place.  In my newly forming opinion, Pedroia is no leader -- just a co*ky, loud mouth who wants everything his way.

Jeter would never have doen what Pedey did.  Perhaps that is the Yankee way, and why the Yankees have so many WS rings, and the Sox so few.  The Red Sox way seems so petty and unprofessional.  And make no mistake, I am a life-long Sox fan and Yankee hater.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Pete's Call by the way is a Yankee fan who starts threads once a month and never returns to them. Don't know why he is so concerned about another team's problems.
    Posted by Calzone65

Calzone65 by the way is Pike, who is also Kimsaysthis and has had more monikers on this forum than any other poster by far, Babe (TBINFL) does the forum a service by listing many of Pike's screenames you can refer to that to view Pike's many screenames as he continues to lead the forum in trolling.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Posted by Calzone65

Yeah he's one of my co-workers at WRGB channel 6.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How can anyone support Bobby V's comments about Youk?  Bobby V. doesn't even support them.

What is most troubling about BV's comments is that he was wrong.  Youk was on a 3 game hitting streak and had a hit in 4 of the last 5 games.  Why dump on a guy after he's broken out of his slump?

Just plain stupid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining : a typical republican; always backing the millionaires.
    Posted by mryazz

Not republican. Now dumb AZZ ... What does Bobby V make? If you say 12 dollars an hour your wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

The longer I sit on it, the more I think Pedroia was wrong to do what he did, and the more I support what Bobby V did.  I still think Bobby V's timing was odd, and the comment was poorly articulated.  I accept the possibility that he was trying to explain Youk's slow start.  Not really calling him out at all, to my way of thinking.  But, since Youk was having a good home stand and was complaining of a sore groin, he probably should have deflected the question as irrelevant, considering Youk's recent contributions to the team. But Pedroia's comments are petty at best, destructive at worst.  Yeah, its big of him to stand up for a teammate, even though said teammate often does not stand up for his fellow teammates.  But the shot about Japan shows his insensitivity (to the "Japanese" way of doing things, whatever he thinks that might be), disrespectfulness (to his manager, who is only working here because of the way the previous manager was disrespected and taken advantage of), and hypocrisy (If you want the manager to keep things private, you need to practice what you are preaching...it would have been so much more powerful as a message).  If Pedey is the presumptive team captain and player spokesperson because of his personality, I am beginning to think this team is doomed to thrid or fourth place.  In my newly forming opinion, Pedroia is no leader -- just a co*ky, loud mouth who wants everything his way. Jeter would never have doen what Pedey did.  Perhaps that is the Yankee way, and why the Yankees have so many WS rings, and the Sox so few.  The Red Sox way seems so petty and unprofessional.  And make no mistake, I am a life-long Sox fan and Yankee hater.
    Posted by parhunter55

So then take Bobby V off our hands and let your boy Jeter would never say that go up one side aand down the other on Big mouth Bobby V.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Posted by donrd4

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

bad post, Pedey should keep his mouth shut and play 2nd, BV is manager not Pedey!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In Response to Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining : I think your right NH.  But I think it was more about not being with the team while he was hurt.  A bigger question is will Ells come back and play at all now?  Given his past reputation for healing after an injury.   
    Posted by Mchampion

are you kidding me? how ells has only had 2 major injuries his career, the one you are refering to he got ran over by a freight train named adrian beltre, no chance any major league player comes back quick from that. and his second injruy he get landed on by a 240pd player while his arm is extended and somehow he is supposed to come back quick from that? youk was wrong for calling out ells, dude was legit hurt. now the same thing happens to youk and he is crying. funny when the shoe is on the other foot brother.

Sections
Shortcuts