Getting Sick of Sox Whining

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining

Youk is definitely a whiner.  He gets very mad when he think his performance is being maligned, but did not hesitate to do exactly that--several times--to Ellsbury in 2010. 

I used to think Youk and Pedroia were the two keys to this team.  Pedroia probably still is, but not Youk. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In Response to Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining:
    Youk is definitely a whiner.  He gets very mad when he think his performance is being maligned, but did not hesitate to do exactly that--several times--to Ellsbury in 2010.  I used to think Youk and Pedroia were the two keys to this team.  Pedroia probably still is, but not Youk. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

im not passing judgement but its starting to look like youk is the cancer of the clubhouse

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

In Response to Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining : im not passing judgement but its starting to look like youk is the cancer of the clubhouse
    Posted by isurfvb24
      You are indeed passing judgement and your choice of a description of a possible problem in the clubhouse is shall we say a poor one.   Negative influence or trouble maker would be a better way to characterize Youkilis' attitude although I am not inferring that he is in any way.  More likely than not he's simply a pro ballplayer who is frustrated that he has not performed in recent years like he did when he was in his prime.  He simply needs to keep his mouth shut and play the game.  It's not exactly rocket science. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

The longer I sit on it, the more I think Pedroia was wrong to do what he did, and the more I support what Bobby V did.  I still think Bobby V's timing was odd, and the comment was poorly articulated.  I accept the possibility that he was trying to explain Youk's slow start.  Not really calling him out at all, to my way of thinking.  But, since Youk was having a good home stand and was complaining of a sore groin, he probably should have deflected the question as irrelevant, considering Youk's recent contributions to the team. But Pedroia's comments are petty at best, destructive at worst.  Yeah, its big of him to stand up for a teammate, even though said teammate often does not stand up for his fellow teammates.  But the shot about Japan shows his insensitivity (to the "Japanese" way of doing things, whatever he thinks that might be), disrespectfulness (to his manager, who is only working here because of the way the previous manager was disrespected and taken advantage of), and hypocrisy (If you want the manager to keep things private, you need to practice what you are preaching...it would have been so much more powerful as a message).  If Pedey is the presumptive team captain and player spokesperson because of his personality, I am beginning to think this team is doomed to thrid or fourth place.  In my newly forming opinion, Pedroia is no leader -- just a co*ky, loud mouth who wants everything his way. Jeter would never have doen what Pedey did.  Perhaps that is the Yankee way, and why the Yankees have so many WS rings, and the Sox so few.  The Red Sox way seems so petty and unprofessional.  And make no mistake, I am a life-long Sox fan and Yankee hater.
    Posted by parhunter55

I disagree completely. Bobby v made an absolute mistake by calling out a hitter that was starting to heat up. It was only a few games into the season and no need for such an act as i stated earlier youk was starting to heat up. Before the comment the team was playing hard and looked to becoming the team we thought they could become. Since the comment they look deflated, youk struck out 4 times today. Bobby v put unnecessary pressure on him and we are seeing the result today.

As for Peedy he is the leader of the team and the team will be for it, the kids got heart.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In Response to Re: Getting Sick of Sox Whining : I disagree completely. Bobby v made an absolute mistake by calling out a hitter that was starting to heat up. It was only a few games into the season and no need for such an act as i stated earlier youk was starting to heat up. Before the comment the team was playing hard and looked to becoming the team we thought they could become. Since the comment they look deflated, youk struck out 4 times today. Bobby v put unnecessary pressure on him and we are seeing the result today. As for Peedy he is the leader of the team and the team will be for it, the kids got heart.
    Posted by RSF4Life234

As I said, Bobby V probably should have deflected the question, rather than take it on.  Youk was showing signs of life, and the team was winning.  Not the time to criticize a ballplayer.  On that we both agree.

On Pedroia, we disagree.  No ballplayer should be calling out his manager in public.  And no ballplayer should be talking about the "way we do it here."  Especially after the way they did it in 2011.  It is not like they are coming off three years of WS victories.  These guys have missed the playoffs two years running.  Their clubhouse is apparently contenitous and supsicious.  What "way" is he defending?  Their losing "way?"  Their snitching "way?"  Their we don't have each other's backs "way?"

If Pedroia wanted to send a message to Bobby V about publicly airing criticism, don't you think that message would have been much more potent if he (Pedroia) had done it behind closed doors and pointed out to Bobby V that this is HIS way?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

time for these players to get their crap together and man up.
    Posted by bellhorn_

Or Bobby V could man up.  He is the one that said he was sorry and boo hoo and all of that.

If youre going to call someone out then have the cherries to stand by it.  And if Pedroia call you out as a manager then have the cherries to do something about it.

Bobby V needs to man up way more than the players.  they punked him out.  Easily.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

pike