Giambi Juice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Giambi Juice

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice:
    In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : I just didn't remember this part mr mojo According to The Chronicle, Giambi said he stopped taking steroids at the All-Star Game break in 2003I was thinking all that balco stuff was while he was with the A's
    Posted by pinstripezac32

That hardly means it was out of his system. The effects of steroid use lingers - how long depends on the steroid and the length of usage (in his case, years).

Personally, I doubt M. L. players beyond the child Manny would risk it now.
    Giambi has made his $$$. His limited resurgence could easily come from a mechanical adjustment - or simply being injury-free.

The OP should also have noted that last year Giambi face RH pitching almost 3 times as often as southpaws.

The ratio this year is almost 5times. He's only had 13 AB vs. LH pitching this year (.154 BA).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

If the players are using PED's

The players are using PED's, but you won't know who because they refuse to allow blood testing.

And this "trainers and owners won't report them if they are suspicious". So, if you rob a bank and the guy who sees you refuses to tell authorities because he doesn't want to spend time in court or he got money from selling his eyewitnnes account of the robbery, does that mean he's responsible for you robbing the bank or could have done something to stop you from robbing it? I don't think so. The MLBPA is 100% responsible for each member who takes PED's, for not allowing any testing to detect it. Engaging and fostering an environment of malfesance for profit is the definition of racketeering. 

If the players refuse to allow blood testing for HGH and other PED's, what can the owners do to break the Union and get the testing? And if the owners don't seek an act of Congress, does that mean the MLBPA is only partially responsible for taking the PED's? I don't think so. No one forces them to take PED's, and, even assuming the owners could get an act of Congress, owners aren't responsible for players taking PED's. That's the standard line from media and members of unions. The devil made me do it, he's just as responsible or more responsible than I am. I don't think so.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : I don't know about Posada juicing in 2007. He had 20 HR's that year - average for him. Is there special PED's for average and different PED's for power?  Also, his significant drop off in numbers wouldn't by chance have anything to do with major injuries he has had recently? Remember 2008 - he missed more than half the year. I also saw Swish's name. His pwer numbers have never strayed too far from where they have always been. You cannot always assume that a player juiced because his numbers improved. As has been mentioned a million times on this forum - Yaz's power numbers between 67-70 were insane compared to the rest of his career. And I certainly am not going to say anything other than Yaz was one of the greats of all-time and in that 4 year period, he peaked. The testing is out there. If they get caught, they will have to pay the piper. But if they are testing clean, then I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I may not trust any of them, but until shown otherwise, they are good in my book.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Yaz turned 27 in 1967.  In other words, between 1967 and 1970, Yaz was at his physical as all men are in their late 30s.  You would expect a player to have his best years when he's in his late 20s - not heading towards middle age.

You can't test for HGH.

Posada had a 60 point increase in his Batting average, at the age of 35.  The prior year and the following year, his batting average was more in line with his career BA.

That's was also ARod's opt out year, when he put up numbers that were in line with his admitted steroid days at Texas - and substantially higher that his numbers before and since 2007.

Bury your head in the sand if you want.  But just don't act indignant when the truth comes out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Yaz turned 27 in 1967.  In other words, between 1967 and 1970, Yaz was at his physical as all men are in their late 30s.  You would expect a player to have his best years when he's in his late 20s - not heading towards middle age. You can't test for HGH. Posada had a 60 point increase in his Batting average, at the age of 35.  The prior year and the following year, his batting average was more in line with his career BA. That's was also ARod's opt out year, when he put up numbers that were in line with his admitted steroid days at Texas - and substantially higher that his numbers before and since 2007. Bury your head in the sand if you want.  But just don't act indignant when the truth comes out.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Ortiz putting up big numbers in a contract year, where are you on that one?  Oh yea he must be doing it naturally.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterdeadthanred. Show betterdeadthanred's posts

There's never been a good case against Ortiz.  He's flatly denied using, his body has not changed since his early 20s, and his best years came after the drug testing policy took effect.  There's really no case against Giambi either (this year) - he's had a good run over the past 85 PAs.  Lance Berkman was slugging over .750 in his first 85 PAs.

Posted by slomag

LOL...so because he denies it means there's not a good case against him?

His body type hasn't changed? Are you blind or just can't see through your sawx colored glasses?

http://noyam.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/david20ortiz-small.jpg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : LOL...so because he denies it means there's not a good case against him? His body type hasn't changed? Are you blind or just can't see through your sawx colored glasses? http://noyam.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/david20ortiz-small.jpg    
    Posted by betterdeadthanred

I love how the Ortiz denial flies on this forum even though he got caught using them.....too funny 

Ortiz has clearly been a chronic PED user....proof is proof

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : I love how the Ortiz denial flies on this forum even though he got caught using them.....too funny  Ortiz has clearly been a chronic PED user....proof is proof
    Posted by Camelwalk

accused, not caught. like me he didn't break any law.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : I love how the Ortiz denial flies on this forum even though he got caught using them.....too funny  Ortiz has clearly been a chronic PED user....proof is proof
    Posted by Camelwalk

Now let's not be too hasty.....Ortiz only admitted to drinking "milkshakes"....There couldn't possibly be anything wrong with that, now could there???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : accused, not caught. like me he didn't break any law.
    Posted by small-package

He came up on the list......proof is proof

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

the list? It was probably hached by yankee conspirator

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4385699

"Substantial scientific questions exist as to the interpretation of some of the 2003 test results," Weiner said. "The more definitive methods that are utilized by the lab that administers the current drug agreement were not utilized by the lab responsible for the anonymous testing program in 2003."

Under the rules of the 2003 testing, Weiner said "legally available nutritional supplements could trigger an initial 'positive' test under our program."

In the statement, he also elaborated on how the 2003 survey tests were conducted. According to Weiner, each test consisted of two sample collections. The first was random and unannounced. The second was taken seven days later, with the player advised to "cease taking supplements during the interim."

"Under the 2003 program, a test could be initially reported as 'positive,' but not treated as such by the bargaining parties on account of the second test," Weiner said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

HGH can  be detected by testing. It's called blood testing, which the MLBPA refuse to allow, just as they refused to allow any testing for steroids until the Congressional threat of a public law.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

From ESPN.com: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4385699 "Substantial scientific questions exist as to the interpretation of some of the 2003 test results," Weiner said. "The more definitive methods that are utilized by the lab that administers the current drug agreement were not utilized by the lab responsible for the anonymous testing program in 2003." Under the rules of the 2003 testing, Weiner said "legally available nutritional supplements could trigger an initial 'positive' test under our program." In the statement, he also elaborated on how the 2003 survey tests were conducted. According to Weiner, each test consisted of two sample collections. The first was random and unannounced. The second was taken seven days later, with the player advised to "cease taking supplements during the interim." "Under the 2003 program, a test could be initially reported as 'positive,' but not treated as such by the bargaining parties on account of the second test," Weiner said.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Well thats it.....clearly this mean Ortiz told the truth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Jason Giambi admitted taking steroids....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1936592

He was on the juice when he hit those home runs in the 2003 ALCS.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice :   I often wondered why it took Ortiz 10 days to "get back to the press" when informed he was on that list. "Looked into it." "Never knew" even though it was stated all names on the list were notified when it came out. I also wonder if A-Rod never admitted it, whether he would be as "innocent" as Ortiz is of those allegations to this day..
    Posted by prknsdnld

Not on this forum.  Not only is Ortiz innocent its that he is CLEARLY innocent and if anyone suspects that he was on anything other than Flinstone vitamins they should have their head examined.  Clearly the way Ortiz became a monster hitter after his move from Minnesota was that he benefitted from playing in Fenway and the Sox have cutting edge hitting coaches.....he NEVER took anything illegal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

camel toe, i finally agree with your statement

"Clearly the way Ortiz became a monster hitter after his move from Minnesota was that he benefitted from playing in Fenway and the Sox have cutting edge hitting coaches.....he NEVER took anything illegal. " 

I am happy to see you finally realized the truth.  The evidence is overwelming.  the empire is falling.  Look out below.  Proof is proof.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice :   I often wondered why it took Ortiz 10 days to "get back to the press" when informed he was on that list. "Looked into it." "Never knew" even though it was stated all names on the list were notified when it came out. I also wonder if A-Rod never admitted it, whether he would be as "innocent" as Ortiz is of those allegations to this day..
    Posted by prknsdnld

David Ortiz believes then-legal supplements and vitamins likely caused him to land on a 2003 list of alleged drug users seized by the federal government, and Major League Baseball and the players' association said some of the players on the list never tested positive for performance-enhancing substances.

Ortiz said when he met with union lawyer Michael Weiner in 2004, he wasn't told he tested positive for steroids. Weiner, who has been designated to succeed union head Donald Fehr, said that because the list is under court seal, the union couldn't confirm to Ortiz that he tested positive, only that he was on the list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice :   David Ortiz believes then-legal supplements and vitamins likely caused him to land on a 2003 list of alleged drug users seized by the federal government, and Major League Baseball and the players' association said some of the players on the list never tested positive for performance-enhancing substances. Ortiz said when he met with union lawyer Michael Weiner in 2004, he wasn't told he tested positive for steroids. Weiner, who has been designated to succeed union head Donald Fehr, said that because the list is under court seal, the union couldn't confirm to Ortiz that he tested positive, only that he was on the list.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Ortiz said when he met with union lawyer Michael Weiner in 2004, he wasn't told he tested positive for steroids. Weiner, who has been designated to succeed union head Donald Fehr, said that because the list is under court seal, the union couldn't confirm to Ortiz that he tested positive, only that he was on the list.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Nobody is proven to be on the list of the 104 players caught juicing in 2003. A-Rod was suspected of being on the list, and he admitted to taking roids, so we assume that he is on the list. Ortiz is simply rumored to be on the list, and while I won't say that he definitely din't juice, his body hasn't changed since he came up with Minnesota, plus his best seasons were , from 1 to 4, 2005, 2006, 2004, and 2007- all after they started testing. Finally, the only player who definitely juiced that still denies juicing is Sammy Sosa- not exactly Papi personality wise. For the naysayers who say that nobody admits to taking roids, even Bonds has owned up by now.
     As for Manny, he definitely juiced in 2008 and apparently this year, but there is no proof that the rumors of him being on "the list" in 2003 are true. Last time I checked, juicing doesn't help your swing, and Manny had the best swing I ever saw.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

camel toe, i finally agree with your statement "Clearly the way Ortiz became a monster hitter after his move from Minnesota was that he benefitted from playing in Fenway and the Sox have cutting edge hitting coaches.....he NEVER took anything illegal. "  I am happy to see you finally realized the truth.  The evidence is overwelming.  the empire is falling.  Look out below.  Proof is proof.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it

Oh absolutely and I also know that Manny NEVER used steroids while he was with the Red Sox and that all the HR's he hit with them and the World Series wins he was a MAJOR part of were done cleanly.  The Red Sox are the most moral and ethical team in all of sports and sometimes when these players leave that organization they lose their way and become corrupt which is what happened to Manny when he was on the Dodgers and the Rays.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Nobody is proven to be on the list of the 104 players caught juicing in 2003. A-Rod was suspected of being on the list, and he admitted to taking roids, so we assume that he is on the list. Ortiz is simply rumored to be on the list, and while I won't say that he definitely din't juice, his body hasn't changed since he came up with Minnesota, plus his best seasons were , from 1 to 4, 2005, 2006, 2004, and 2007- all after they started testing. Finally, the only player who definitely juiced that still denies juicing is Sammy Sosa- not exactly Papi personality wise. For the naysayers who say that nobody admits to taking roids, even Bonds has owned up by now.  As for Manny, he definitely juiced in 2008 and apparently this year, but there is no proof that the rumors of him being on "the list" in 2003 are true. Last time I checked, juicing doesn't help your swing, and Manny had the best swing I ever saw.
    Posted by b126962

You wanna buy a bridge?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

camel toe seems angry and confusing.  He always contradicks himself.  I hope he is feeling better tomorrow than today.

Sections
Shortcuts