Giambi Juice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Giambi Juice

There's never been a good case against Ortiz.  He's flatly denied using, his body has not changed since his early 20s, and his best years came after the drug testing policy took effect. 

There's really no case against Giambi either (this year) - he's had a good run over the past 85 PAs.  Lance Berkman was slugging over .750 in his first 85 PAs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Giambi Juice:
    [QUOTE]I don't really think anyone has anything to do with your decision to come to work taking PED"s, except you. What do GM's and owners have to do with your decision to take PED's. Nothing! No, we all don't want to take PED's. Nor do we all "not want to know about it". I'm sorry at this time the numbers just don't support your arguement. Before it took the threat of an act of Congress to force the MLBPA to accept urine testing for steroids, the numbers supported the argument that Bonds' head wasn't swollen like his homerun totals.  
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

What kind of spin is this? Posturing of this nature prolongs arguments.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

This isn't posturing, it's satire.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]This isn't posturing, it's satire.

Never let the facts get in the way of your arguement. If the players are using PED's they should get their money back because it isn't working.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really think anyone has anything to do with your decision to come to work taking PED"s, except you. What do GM's and owners have to do with your decision to take PED's. Nothing! No, we all don't want to take PED's. Nor do we all "not want to know about it". I'm sorry at this time the numbers just don't support your arguement. Before it took the threat of an act of Congress to force the MLBPA to accept urine testing for steroids, the numbers supported the argument that Bonds' head wasn't swollen like his homerun totals.  

Ok, let me rephrase.  GMs and owners don't care how a player produces as long as they produce.  If a GM, Trainer or owner suspects a player is taking juice, then they aren't going to run to the Commissioner with their suspicions.

Both Jason Varitek and Jorge Posada are 39 years old.  Posada has been a better hitter and tek the better catcher. 

In 2008, in the last year of his contract, 36 year old Jason Varitek batted 220 and got a $5 million contract 2009.  He currently makes $2 million.

In 2007, Jorge posada in the last year of his contract hit 338, 60 points above his career BA and got a multi year contract paying him $13 million per year.

Currently Posada is batting 234 while Tek is batting 245.  Yet Posada makes $11 million more.

There is no doubt in my mind that Posada was juicing in 2007 - not a doubt.  If Tek had been juicing, he be making at least $8 million more than he currently makes.

The only issue I have with guys like Posada is if you're going to juice in your contract year, then they should juice after they sign the contract.  Otherwise, it's fraud.

Better players, more money, more games won, more fans in the seat, higher ratings on TV and on the radio.  It's a win-win for everyone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]This isn't posturing, it's satire.

It's both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Ok, let me rephrase.  GMs and owners don't care how a player produces as long as they produce.  If a GM, Trainer or owner suspects a player is taking juice, then they aren't going to run to the Commissioner with their suspicions. Both Jason Varitek and Jorge Posada are 39 years old.  Posada has been a better hitter and tek the better catcher.  In 2008, in the last year of his contract, 36 year old Jason Varitek batted 220 and got a $5 million contract 2009.  He currently makes $2 million. In 2007, Jorge posada in the last year of his contract hit 338, 60 points above his career BA and got a multi year contract paying him $13 million per year. Currently Posada is batting 234 while Tek is batting 245.  Yet Posada makes $11 million more. There is no doubt in my mind that Posada was juicing in 2007 - not a doubt.  If Tek had been juicing, he be making at least $8 million more than he currently makes. The only issue I have with guys like Posada is if you're going to juice in your contract year, then they should juice after they sign the contract.  Otherwise, it's fraud. Better players, more money, more games won, more fans in the seat, higher ratings on TV and on the radio.  It's a win-win for everyone.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]
      I think they should allow aluminum bats then we could see a 100 HR player just imagine how many seats they could sell then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice :   I think they should allow aluminum bats then we could see a 100 HR player just imagine how many seats they could sell then.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Why stop there? Bring all fences in 100 feet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

yankee stadium is already with those dimension in right field.  How much more can they take right field, left field two?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Giambi Juice:
    [QUOTE]Jason Giambi is having a resurgence this year.  He's batting 264 and his slugging percentage is an incredible .625.  His slugging percentage hasn't been this high since 2001 when he was with the A's.  His slugging percentage is higher now that it was during his admitted steroid years with the Yankees. His slugging percentage is better than AGon and he's htting homers at the same pace as AGon (16 in 77 games compered to 8 in 35 games).  It's nice to see a 40 year old have a late career resurgence. I wonder what his secret is.  He hasn't made any trips to the Dominican lately has he?
    I think its nice to see Ortiz hitting so well going into a contract year.  We know he has some pharmacy connections.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]yankee stadium is already with those dimension in right field.  How much more can they take right field, left field two?
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

Congrats; you finally said something funny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I was a little serprised yesterday.  yankees had alzymers day yesterday but it seem that they celebrate alszymers every home game.  what is so special about yesterdays game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I was a little serprised yesterday.  yankees had alzymers day yesterday but it seem that they celebrate alszymers every home game.  what is so special about yesterdays game

You're on a roll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

good point cydi- couldn't tell wich team was wich

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

I think it was same players, just changed numbers between tha alzymers and rocks game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]I was a little serprised yesterday.  yankees had alzymers day yesterday but it seem that they celebrate alszymers every home game.  what is so special about yesterdays game

Bunch of old geezers in 1st place

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

not for long camel toe.  the empire is falling.  look out below.  the evidedance is overwelming. proof is proof.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]not for long camel toe.  the empire is falling.  look out below.  the evidedance is overwelming. proof is proof.

After the Sox went on a tear you were ready to say the division was clinched but the Empire held strong.....hopefully the Sox make it to the playoffs and don't get clipped by the Rays.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

the empire is done . my greek economy has a better chance than yanks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]the empire is done . my greek economy has a better chance than yanks.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

1st place

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : 1st place
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]
    so says cameljocky in jun.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Ok, let me rephrase.  GMs and owners don't care how a player produces as long as they produce.  If a GM, Trainer or owner suspects a player is taking juice, then they aren't going to run to the Commissioner with their suspicions. Both Jason Varitek and Jorge Posada are 39 years old.  Posada has been a better hitter and tek the better catcher.  In 2008, in the last year of his contract, 36 year old Jason Varitek batted 220 and got a $5 million contract 2009.  He currently makes $2 million. In 2007, Jorge posada in the last year of his contract hit 338, 60 points above his career BA and got a multi year contract paying him $13 million per year. Currently Posada is batting 234 while Tek is batting 245.  Yet Posada makes $11 million more. There is no doubt in my mind that Posada was juicing in 2007 - not a doubt.  If Tek had been juicing, he be making at least $8 million more than he currently makes. The only issue I have with guys like Posada is if you're going to juice in your contract year, then they should juice after they sign the contract.  Otherwise, it's fraud. Better players, more money, more games won, more fans in the seat, higher ratings on TV and on the radio.  It's a win-win for everyone.

I don't know about Posada juicing in 2007. He had 20 HR's that year - average for him. Is there special PED's for average and different PED's for power?  Also, his significant drop off in numbers wouldn't by chance have anything to do with major injuries he has had recently? Remember 2008 - he missed more than half the year.

I also saw Swish's name. His pwer numbers have never strayed too far from where they have always been.

You cannot always assume that a player juiced because his numbers improved. As has been mentioned a million times on this forum - Yaz's power numbers between 67-70 were insane compared to the rest of his career. And I certainly am not going to say anything other than Yaz was one of the greats of all-time and in that 4 year period, he peaked.

The testing is out there. If they get caught, they will have to pay the piper. But if they are testing clean, then I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I may not trust any of them, but until shown otherwise, they are good in my book.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : so says cameljocky in jun.

Its better to be in first than not in first :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Its better to be in first than not in first :)
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]
    Sox are currently in 2nd, but I'd rather have their roster than the Yankees roster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Giambi Juice : Sox are currently in 2nd, but I'd rather have their roster than the Yankees roster.

Well of course you are a fan of that team and those players. 

Sections
Shortcuts