Giancarlio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

Giancarlio

The one player the Sox could get that would make a difference for a long time is - Giancarlo Stantonl. Put him in right field and the Sox are set for 15 years.  Homers YES. Defences Yes, Throwing Arm - Yes, Trade Nava, Carp and a minor leaguer for Stanton. Dont wait. Dont pass go. Dont collect $200. Get Stanton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Giancarlio

That package wouldn't get it done.

My guess-timate (sic) is at end of " Carp's future in Boston " thread. Love to hear other's suggestions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to ArtWikle's comment:

The one player the Sox could get that would make a difference for a long time is - Giancarlo Stantonl. Put him in right field and the Sox are set for 15 years.  Homers YES. Defences Yes, Throwing Arm - Yes, Trade Nava, Carp and a minor leaguer for Stanton. Dont wait. Dont pass go. Dont collect $200. Get Stanton.

Why would the Miami Marlins trade 23-year-old stud Giancarlo Stanton for 30-year-old Daniel Nava (who has never established himself as a full-time MLB starter), nearly 27-year-old Mike Carp (a part-timer let go by the Seattle Mariners) and a minor leaguer?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is extremely unrealistic. To acquire Stanton , you would have to part with some of your top prospects. The Marlins would have no interest in guys like Carp or Nava. No offense to Carp or Nava , who have played very well.  It is a daydream to covet other teams top players all the time. Other teams are not in business to serve the Red Sox. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This is extremely unrealistic. To acquire Stanton , you would have to part with some of your top prospects. The Marlins would have no interest in guys like Carp or Nava. No offense to Carp or Nava , who have played very well.  It is a daydream to covet other teams top players all the time. Other teams are not in business to serve the Red Sox. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

You're wrong about that, Galehouse.  There is in fact a team in business to serve the Red Sox.

The Los Angeles Dodgers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

[QUOTE]The one player the Sox could get that would make a difference for a long time is - Giancarlo Stantonl. Put him in right field and the Sox are set for 15 years.  Homers YES. Defences Yes, Throwing Arm - Yes, Trade Nava, Carp and a minor leaguer for Stanton. Dont wait. Dont pass go. Dont collect $200. Get Stanton.

Why would the Miami Marlins trade 23-year-old stud Giancarlo Stanton for 30-year-old Daniel Nava (who has never established himself as a full-time MLB starter), nearly 27-year-old Mike Carp (a part-timer let go by the Seattle Mariners) and a minor leaguer?

[/QUOTE]

Haha...Carp n Nava...gotta love it. I WOULD though do a package of Iggy ( yup, I'm selling HIGH ) Webster ( same thing, not convinced he's a tor starter) Brentz ( who would be blocked) and a lower prospect ( maybe Marrero) for him though in a heartbeat...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

You're wrong about that, Galehouse.  There is in fact a team in business to serve the Red Sox.

The Los Angeles Dodgers.

I would have to say there was a team---I don't think there will be another team in the history of baseball that will ever do what the Dodgers did. True, History does repeat itself but...I don't think it will be the Dodgers.

It would be interesting to see what it has meant , financially, in the way of jerseys and increased revenue from advertising sales having AGon in LA market. I also think the Dodgers felt Beckett and CC would give them more. As its' turned out Punto has probably given them more than Beck and CC.

Now that Puig has arrived on the scene and some other talented players are on the 25, fans are probably saying the same thing some Boston fans are saying about S. Drew--why spend $9 M when Iggy has been right under your nose. We all know the answer to that---if Iggy had performed as in the past this year and BenC. passed on Drew--fans would be calling for his neck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

The Los Angeles Dodgers.

I would have to say there was a team---I don't think there will be another team in the history of baseball that will ever do what the Dodgers did. True, History does repeat itself but...I don't think it will be the Dodgers.

It would be interesting to see what it has meant , financially, in the way of jerseys and increased revenue from advertising sales having AGon in LA market. I also think the Dodgers felt Beckett and CC would give them more. As its' turned out Punto has probably given them more than Beck and CC.

Now that Puig has arrived on the scene and some other talented players are on the 25, fans are probably saying the same thing some Boston fans are saying about S. Drew--why spend $9 M when Iggy has been right under your nose. We all know the answer to that---if Iggy had performed as in the past this year and BenC. passed on Drew--fans would be calling for his neck.

[/QUOTE]

I sometimes think acquiring Drew just might have convinced Iglesias he needed to get with the program.  This year he looks very different from 2012.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

The Los Angeles Dodgers.

[/QUOTE]

I sometimes think acquiring Drew just might have convinced Iglesias he needed to get with the program.  This year he looks very different from 2012.

[/QUOTE]

Max that's an excellent point. In addition the Sox may have found a talented 3 B that may give them better overall defense and free up WMB as trade bait or to take Nap's place at 1 B next year.

It's possible next years infield could be totally home grown: Ig, XMan, Pedroia and WMB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

All of you are being fooled by this guy.  He's not being serious and he's just playing with yall.  

Here are names Loria will throw out for sending Stanton to Boston.  Bogaerts, WMB, Webster, and Brentz.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Quantity does not equate to quality....you could trade 30 daniel navas and 50 carps and you will NEVER get Stanton.

If you want to have a big boy conversatoin about what will legitimately get your Stanton it Starts with Xander Bogaerts.

And for those of us who listen to the scouts and the Jim Calis's and the Keith Laws and read Soxprospects of the world know the Xander will likely be the #1 ranked prospect in all of baseball when all the mid season rankings come out.

Xander may be MLB ready right now.

You want Stanton????? wait 1 year and we will have him cost controlled for years to come in the form of a SS.  You get the same guy at a more premium position. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

FWIW Bogaerts hit tool may be better than Stantons.  He is walking, he is hitting to the opposite the field, he is creamting pitches...He is obviously way more advanced than anyone else in AA and he is the youngest guy in AA.

Why trade a guy who very very very well could be just as good as Stanton plus a bunch of other prospects.

We are in a rare position where we have a farm system as stacked as a team that has spent a decade in the basement plus an ownership who will spend up to the cap.  Last year was a gift and I'm not ready to blow this team up just yet.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Better not trade Boggy... Future LF for the next 10+ years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Better not trade Boggy... Future LF for the next 10+ years.

LF or 3B.  He might be better at 3B, but If Middlbrooks can bounce back and show us he can reach his potential then Boggy to LF with Iglesias at SS.....this team will be a powerhouse by 2015. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Quantity does not equate to quality....you could trade 30 daniel navas and 50 carps and you will NEVER get Stanton.

If you want to have a big boy conversatoin about what will legitimately get your Stanton it Starts with Xander Bogaerts.

And for those of us who listen to the scouts and the Jim Calis's and the Keith Laws and read Soxprospects of the world know the Xander will likely be the #1 ranked prospect in all of baseball when all the mid season rankings come out.

You want Stanton????? wait 1 year and we will have him cost controlled for years to come in the form of a SS.  You get the same guy at a more premium position. 

Hugh, i'm coming around to this train of thought. One major reason is that Nava has been so good this year, why make a trade? Last month I thought different. Just hope you're right about Boggy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

The Los Angeles Dodgers.

Let's ask them for Kershaw and Puig. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Nava and Carp would NOT get this done! The Marlins would demand at least Ciriaco, Chris Carpenter, and JC Linares in addition.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hugh, i'm coming around to this train of thought. One major reason is that Nava has been so good this year, why make a trade? Last month I thought different. Just hope you're right about Boggy.

[/QUOTE]

Just think of it this way....Boggy is performing at a much better level at double A than Manny Machado was at his age.  Boggy very well could make the team by the end of the year.  He is a once in a decade talent that Boston has not seen the likes of in a while.....he's going to be special. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Guys....he's obviously joking.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Guys....he's obviously joking.....

It never occured to me that his trade proposal was so crude that he was joking.  Here I was thinking he was the idiot.  Now I feel as If I'm the idtiot. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have actually had a change of thought on Stanton after reading an interesting article on players as big as he is (6'6") and there injury rate...and now Stanton is missing time each season with non major injury, but more the nagging kind...I agree, the Marlins will ask for the moon, and I also agree, the Sox will say no...and some other team will pay a ransom to aquire Stanton.

Boegart is going to be very exciting, but the story of the next RS run will be the young pitching. Staff is stoked for the next 10 years as long as they have "normal" health...quality, quantity and high upside at all levels....Ben need only to say "NO" when any one comes knocking

Lets see...about 3 weeks from the mid way point of the season...Ben for GM of the year? Farrell manager of the year?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have actually had a change of thought on Stanton after reading an interesting article on players as big as he is (6'6") and there injury rate...and now Stanton is missing time each season with non major injury, but more the nagging kind...I agree, the Marlins will ask for the moon, and I also agree, the Sox will say no...and some other team will pay a ransom to aquire Stanton.

Boegart is going to be very exciting, but the story of the next RS run will be the young pitching. Staff is stoked for the next 10 years as long as they have "normal" health...quality, quantity and high upside at all levels....Ben need only to say "NO" when any one comes knocking

Lets see...about 3 weeks from the mid way point of the season...Ben for GM of the year? Farrell manager of the year?

Did you read that out of scout.com???? I read the same article.  Good stuff but he fails to mention a plerathra of great players who were very tall and had long successful careers.  Like Randy Johnson and Derek Lowe and Adam Wainwright, Roger Clemens.  

If there is any truth to that then we are in big trouble; If you noticed the Sox have started drafted a lot, and I mean a LOT of tall players particularly pitchers recently 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The one player the Sox could get that would make a difference for a long time is - Giancarlo Stantonl. Put him in right field and the Sox are set for 15 years.  Homers YES. Defences Yes, Throwing Arm - Yes, Trade Nava, Carp and a minor leaguer for Stanton. Dont wait. Dont pass go. Dont collect $200. Get Stanton.

Yeah,  cuz we really miss them 4Hr's    11rbi's   .229avg  in our OF.  Let's dump our farm for all that!!  I know,  I know...  this is not a typical year for him.  He' finished 25th in MVP voting last year,  24th the year before.  That makes him equal to what...  Victorino?  Ellsbury finished 2nd in MVP voting the year before,  and everyone wants to ship him out of town.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Thank you.  +1

Do not trade the farm for Giancarlo Stanton.