Giancarlio

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Giancarlio

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have actually had a change of thought on Stanton after reading an interesting article on players as big as he is (6'6") and there injury rate...and now Stanton is missing time each season with non major injury, but more the nagging kind...I agree, the Marlins will ask for the moon, and I also agree, the Sox will say no...and some other team will pay a ransom to aquire Stanton.

Boegart is going to be very exciting, but the story of the next RS run will be the young pitching. Staff is stoked for the next 10 years as long as they have "normal" health...quality, quantity and high upside at all levels....Ben need only to say "NO" when any one comes knocking

Lets see...about 3 weeks from the mid way point of the season...Ben for GM of the year? Farrell manager of the year?

Did you read that out of scout.com???? I read the same article.  Good stuff but he fails to mention a plerathra of great players who were very tall and had long successful careers.  Like Randy Johnson and Derek Lowe and Adam Wainwright, Roger Clemens.  

If there is any truth to that then we are in big trouble; If you noticed the Sox have started drafted a lot, and I mean a LOT of tall players particularly pitchers recently 

I believe I read the article in fan graphs...and the reference was to positional players only, not pitchers. I think pitchers do not apply to the injury reference as there are numerous exceptions. My recollection is that the article mentioned only 2 players of the size bucking the trend, with one of them being Frank Howard

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

This is extremely unrealistic. To acquire Stanton , you would have to part with some of your top prospects. The Marlins would have no interest in guys like Carp or Nava. No offense to Carp or Nava , who have played very well.  It is a daydream to covet other teams top players all the time. Other teams are not in business to serve the Red Sox. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

You're wrong about that, Galehouse.  There is in fact a team in business to serve the Red Sox.

The Los Angeles Dodgers.

Let's ask them for Kershaw and Puig. 

That won't happen of course....  but I bet they would love to get out from under Pedey's buddy Ethier's contract for nickels on the dollar.

Not that I am advocating this under any circumstance...  Ethier is regressing rapidly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Well if that's the case let's be thankfull we drafted Trey Ball as a pitcher and not a hitter. 

I have actually had a change of thought on Stanton after reading an interesting article on players as big as he is (6'6") and there injury rate...and now Stanton is missing time each season with non major injury, but more the nagging kind...I agree, the Marlins will ask for the moon, and I also agree, the Sox will say no...and some other team will pay a ransom to aquire Stanton.

Boegart is going to be very exciting, but the story of the next RS run will be the young pitching. Staff is stoked for the next 10 years as long as they have "normal" health...quality, quantity and high upside at all levels....Ben need only to say "NO" when any one comes knocking

Lets see...about 3 weeks from the mid way point of the season...Ben for GM of the year? Farrell manager of the year?

Did you read that out of scout.com???? I read the same article.  Good stuff but he fails to mention a plerathra of great players who were very tall and had long successful careers.  Like Randy Johnson and Derek Lowe and Adam Wainwright, Roger Clemens.  

If there is any truth to that then we are in big trouble; If you noticed the Sox have started drafted a lot, and I mean a LOT of tall players particularly pitchers recently 

I believe I read the article in fan graphs...and the reference was to positional players only, not pitchers. I think pitchers do not apply to the injury reference as there are numerous exceptions. My recollection is that the article mentioned only 2 players of the size bucking the trend, with one of them being Frank Howard

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

This is extremely unrealistic. To acquire Stanton , you would have to part with some of your top prospects. The Marlins would have no interest in guys like Carp or Nava. No offense to Carp or Nava , who have played very well.  It is a daydream to covet other teams top players all the time. Other teams are not in business to serve the Red Sox. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

You're wrong about that, Galehouse.  There is in fact a team in business to serve the Red Sox.

The Los Angeles Dodgers.

Let's ask them for Kershaw and Puig. 

That won't happen of course....  but I bet they would love to get out from under Pedey's buddy Ethier's contract for nickels on the dollar.

The Dodgers took our garbag and gave us gold....let's not return the favor.  If the Dodgers threw in some salary relief and we didn't have to give up an A prospect I would love that trade, but what team would be dumb enough to do that.?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Or Dale Murphy, Mark McGuire, Frank Howard, etc...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

this has to be a joke.

Sections
Shortcuts