Give Bobby Valentine a Nickname!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from s-splinter407. Show s-splinter407's posts

Re: Give Bobby Valentine a Nickname!

Chicken Hawk........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from borack. Show borack's posts

VAL KILLME

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tine-O

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Give Bobby Valentine a Nickname!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Give Bobby Valentine a Nickname! : Is there a way you could pass this nickname to the players? Also, Bobby V was a singer in the Doowop era. I met him in a lounge in Atlantic City once. He had a groupie on each arm.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

That was actually Bobby Vee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Bobby Valentine a Nickname! : That was actually Bobby Vee.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

I know, I was taking poetic license. I heard this nick-name on ESPN Radio:

Bobby Beantown

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Ticking Time Bomb
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he doesn't have a long shelf life, but the odds of the Red Sox winning the WS the next few yrs has suddenly gone up -- alot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

There must be a reason they named the day of romance after this guy (coughs), so I say it should be "Bobby the love bunny"! I'm sure all will agree by mid season that this name is apropos! Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Saint Bobby - the patron saint of baseball (will he be a martyr in Boston?)

Bobby the wrap - in honor of his culinary contribution to the world - the chicken Ceasar wrap

Bobby Juice - he was the "heir apparent" to OJ at USC, right?

"The Commish" - wasn't he the public safety commissioner in his hometown?

Bobby the duck - in honor of his stint in Japan with Chiba Lotte - whose mascot is a cute litte duckie

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Chicken Hawk........
    Posted by s-splinter407[/QUOTE]

hehe.  Nice Splinter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Steve, I continue to like your optimism. BTW, Girardi is a first class citizen, even if many Yankee fans consider him a poor manager. I know that from intimate mutual friendship first-hand testimonials. I think the Yankees winning AL East with Colon and Garcia and minus Joba was a first class manager job, more impressive than Rays backing into wild card after Red Sox all-time season collapse. Tito was a victim of MLBPA, but a good overall manager before they learned they could take full advantage of his long leash and trust. Valentine will meet my approval if he fields a group of fit professional athletes who show up with a strong team spirit and accountability to one another for the team, and eager to play the great kid's game, for millions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Tom-UK, are you a United Kingdom native? Elvis was more popular than The Beatles, over the small pond.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from accland. Show accland's posts

Bo-Vine

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Steve, I continue to like your optimism. BTW, Girardi is a first class citizen, even if many Yankee fans consider him a poor manager. I know that from intimate mutual friendship first-hand testimonials. I think the Yankees winning AL East with Colon and Garcia and minus Joba was a first class manager job, more impressive than Rays backing into wild card after Red Sox all-time season collapse. Tito was a victim of MLBPA, but a good overall manager before they learned they could take full advantage of his long leash and trust. Valentine will meet my approval if he fields a group of fit professional athletes who show up with a strong team spirit and accountability to one another for the team, and eager to play the great kid's game, for millions.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

I said the other day here that he's Billy Martin without the alcohol; the next day ESPN said the same thing.

I'm wondering how Bobby (who doesn't back down) is going to handle his first run-in with a diva player who says to him when he tries to straighten him out:

I make more than you, have the MLBPA on my side, and have a ring; where's your ring?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Somehow or another, I can picture Beckett mooning Valentine in the locker room after a game if he thought he got removed too soon from a game with the Sox holding a lead and the bullpen imploded and cost Beckett a win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

As long as he makes the playoffs...I dont want him bellowing out the famous Jim Mora "PLAYOFFS!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

Bob'ntine

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

its "playoffs?"