Give it up for Lackey! HUGE comeback performance!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Give it up for Lackey! HUGE comeback performance!

As one of his most vocal detractors, I love to see him come back & prove me wrong!

Good on him!

6IP, 4k's, 1ER, 81 pitches!

If he can keep it rolling, this is one OUTSTANDING SR!

WAY TO BE LACKEY!!!  :)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Give it up for Lackey! HUGE comeback performance!

Loved how he got the pitch count down after a 27-pitch first-inning, which could have been just an 18-pitch inning.

And loved even more how he battled in the sixth to not give up a run after loading the bases. He doesn't have to be the ace he was with the Angels but if he's close to that, wow, what a No. 5 starter. The Sox might actually have that deep staff they were supposed to have the first two years he was here Beckett-Lester-Buchholz-Lackey-DiceK.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Goes to prove you can not always know what you have especially when he was not healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would have been perfectly happy with 5IP and 3 runs or less. Got a lot more than that. Once he builds up more strength in his arm he should be even better. Very encouraging. After Doubies really rough start yesterday and seeing him rebound to go 6.2IP, Im feeling good about our rotation 1-5.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was very optimistic about the return of Lackey this season.   We can only hope as Red Sox fans that his pitching performance from today continues for the remainder of the season. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Loved watching him today.  He seemed focused and ready to pitch.  Let's hope he stays healthy and gives us a good year, I'm pulling for the guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

If he stays healthy, and based on the success of modern elbow surgery there is reason to think he will, Lackey is going to be huge. He is already hitting 94-95 and throwing far more strikes than balls. In effect he has a new elbow and a well rested arm. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to patrickford's comment:

If he stays healthy, and based on the success of modern elbow surgery there is reason to think he will, Lackey is going to be huge. He is already hitting 94-95 and throwing far more strikes than balls. In effect he has a new elbow and a well rested arm. 

Life is good!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

As one of his most vocal detractors, I love to see him come back & prove me wrong!

Good on him!

6IP, 4k's, 1ER, 81 pitches!

If he can keep it rolling, this is one OUTSTANDING SR!

WAY TO BE LACKEY!!!  :)

Totally agree. Two great starts with weeks in between. Let us hope he stays healthy and get 16-18 wins for us. Butch told us he would be the ace early in the year. Let us hope for that as well.

16 - 18 might be pushing it just a tad!  I'd be thrilled with 12 ish!  If Lackey is able to win 16 - 18 we've got a WS team for sure.  I don't think that's gonna happen.  Pretty tough to win 16+ in this day & age.  If he's around 4 - 4.50 ERA I think we'd be doing pretty well.  As the schedule gets tougher, these wins will be tougher to get.  12 would be awesome!!!!  Let's not tick off god by asking for too much :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He looked like the Lackey from the Angels years ago.

He could really be the difference maker this year.

Stay healthy, John!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Ecstatic is the only word I can think of to describe his performance today...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He was very good today. What a plus if he can keep pitching like this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Its all about the pitching! RS will go as far as staff takes them. Sample size is small but RS staff is off to a great start, hopefully this is just the beginning. Have to love the fact that RS have some quality depth as well should someone falter or get hurt, having Webster, Breslow, Morales, Bard, and Wilson, now helping or possibly down the road is good sign for RS staff. Hanrahan back on Tues if healthy only makes staff stronger!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I thought he was decent in his first outing before the injury.  He's slimmed  down and seems ready this season.  Hope it continues.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He did look a little tired in the end, but he's missed a couple weeks at the very beginning of the season.  Also, he worked out of a tight jam at the end as well.  It would certainly be nice to see him keep this up.  Sure it was just the Astros, but Lackey was showing promise in his other starts as well.  

We've seen what can happen to a seaon eith everything tipping the wrong way.  This season is still young but we are starting to see how good life can be when everything tips the right way.  The Sox have the best record in baseball!!!!!!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

He pitched well..... He is a BULLDOG, i am so happy for him & the SOX  !!

Those are nice words coming from a Yankee fan.....

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Besides the injury and personal issues, I am not sure Lackey ever felt comfortable with the High expectations that comes with being a big ticket Free Agent in Boston.....easier to be an Ace in the laid back attitude of Anaheim....now he is a #5 starter who has expectations to stay healthy and end up with a mid 4's ERA,,,,,big difference......allows a guy to throw more freely.....and build up the confidence every pitcher needs......No pitcher can get guys out with just stoff, if he doesnt believe in his ability to get guys out(See Daniel Bard)......as Yogi would say Pitching is 90% mental and 50% physical.

Sections
Shortcuts