Give it up for Lackey! HUGE comeback performance!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Give it up for Lackey! HUGE comeback performance!

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

As one of his most vocal detractors, I love to see him come back & prove me wrong!

Good on him!

6IP, 4k's, 1ER, 81 pitches!

If he can keep it rolling, this is one OUTSTANDING SR!

WAY TO BE LACKEY!!!  :)

Good outing and one he and the team needed but iy was the Astros.  If he can give us outings like this against anyone he certainly won't hurt our "already good" SP like most of us thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Entering the last series, Houston had scored as many runs as the Tigers and Angels.  Small sample size acknowledged, but they have been hitting.  His other outing was against the team doing nothing offensively (Toronto).

Houston is a bad team, but might not be as bad as expectations and payroll have lead many to believe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to trantor's comment:

The bashers of Lackey should have cut him slack when he was pitching poorly since he was pitching injured and had the personal problems. His time on the DL was not his fault or the fault of the front office. Bashing an injured player is like getting mad at a three-legged dog for not running faster.

Your right, the poor guy went through a divorce that could have been worse than his injury.......  Some of our lib/left posters should stay out of the guys personal life, "BIG PAPI'S too" !!!

You have no life....and you're a discrace to conservatives....and the human race.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I haven't been a big fan of Lackey, but this season he seems to be on the right track. He's in much better physical shape, and he is pitching much more effectively. I will be happy to root him on to more success this season. We will need his best if we hope to compete for a playoff spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Lackey was KING yesterday

a boss on the mound looking slim, trim, and in control of the game, his emotions, and the teams destiny

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to trantor's comment:

The bashers of Lackey should have cut him slack when he was pitching poorly since he was pitching injured and had the personal problems. His time on the DL was not his fault or the fault of the front office. Bashing an injured player is like getting mad at a three-legged dog for not running faster.

Your right, the poor guy went through a divorce that could have been worse than his injury.......  Some of our lib/left posters should stay out of the guys personal life, "BIG PAPI'S too" !!!

You have no life....and you're a discrace to conservatives....and the human race.....

I agree....

Bill, it's not "your", it's "you're".   Do you know the difference?  You're=you are.  Your=possessive, like 'your birdbrain'.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Shut up loser (TV-Guy). I said he was a bad signing before he was ever signed. What does hindsight have to do with anything? If he goes 18-2 this year it doesn't make it a good signing overall. If he has a good season than great, he is supposed to be good.

Burrito, do yourself a favor and put TV-boy on ignore.  Since I have him on ignore, I have no idea what he said to you, but I'm sure it was probably sarcastic.  TV-boy has a severe case of oral diarrhea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Shut up loser (TV-Guy). I said he was a bad signing before he was ever signed. What does hindsight have to do with anything? If he goes 18-2 this year it doesn't make it a good signing overall. If he has a good season than great, he is supposed to be good.

In your opinion, was he a bad signing because of the price? OK. Dismiss the $$$$. Was he a bad signing otherwise? Why, because he got injured, had TJ surgery, pitched injured, and had personal problems? How are such things predictable? How were you able to predict them accurately. Please elaborate.

Forget I am Sparticus!

I am Don Quixote!!!   ;)

TVBOY = Don Quixote  "I see windmills in my sleep...."  Even more frightening?  "I see windmills all day long......  they're everywhere!!!!"   FOR Bill-69  "There or Their everywhere:)"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In your opinion, was he a bad signing because of the price? OK. Dismiss the $$$$. Was he a bad signing otherwise? Why, because he got injured, had TJ surgery, pitched injured, and had personal problems? How are such things predictable? How were you able to predict them accurately. Please elaborate.

Forget I am Sparticus!

I am Don Quixote!!!   ;)

TVBOY = Don Quixote  "I see windmills in my sleep...."  Even more frightening?  "I see windmills all day long......  they're everywhere!!!!"   FOR Bill-69  "There or Their everywhere:)"

Good one, buddy...LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Besides the injury and personal issues, I am not sure Lackey ever felt comfortable with the High expectations that comes with being a big ticket Free Agent in Boston.....easier to be an Ace in the laid back attitude of Anaheim....now he is a #5 starter who has expectations to stay healthy and end up with a mid 4's ERA,,,,,big difference......allows a guy to throw more freely.....and build up the confidence every pitcher needs......No pitcher can get guys out with just stoff, if he doesnt believe in his ability to get guys out(See Daniel Bard)......as Yogi would say Pitching is 90% mental and 50% physical.

First of all, your psychoanalysis is a bunch of hooey, and second of all, your percentages don't add up (proving my first point).  All that stuff about "high expectations" and "laid back attitude of Anaheim" is pure conjecture.  What we do know was that he was pitching injured and that he used to pitch in a pitcher friendly park (Anaheim) in a pitcher friendly park division (Oakland, Seattle, but not Texas).  

Now that we know about his injury, the one thing I would posit about his psychological makeup is that he may be overly prideful in that he wanted to show he was worth the contract in spite of his injury and his inability to deliver on it at the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I've always been on the guy's side, though I always thought we overpaid.  I've posted numerous times that if you look at his career projectory there was every reason to believe he will contribute.

Obviously there was something wrong with his elbow before we signed him, hence the specific TJ clause, and lo and behold 2010 was a down year for him.

Obviously he was pitching in great pain in 2011, as evidenced by his later surgery, and lo and behold 2011 was a terrible year for him.

If he's healthy, he is still young enough to be a quality pitcher.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I have zero confidence in Lackey, other than as a bottom of the rotation performing profile. He's being paid to be a top of the rotation season long performer. That's not going to happen. 

An ERA of about 4.5 and 150 innings would meet my low expecations for a real FA contract value bum. 

150 @ 4.5 is bad value for $16 M per year, but pretty good for a #5 starter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Not me.  But I really like the way he has pitched so far--way better than at any other time since he joined the Sox.   Lackey was not a smart acquisition, but he's ours now and worth rooting for. 

Ben C and only Ben C gets credit for this rotation, which so far looks like the Sox best in years, certainly since 2007.  And he gets credit for doing it with a minimalist approach, keeping 3 starters from last year, assuming Lackey would be ready, and getting a middle of the rotation guy in Dempster.  And it was Ben C who fought to bring back John Farrell, who clearly has helped with the overall steadiness of the pitching staff.