give MARLINS whatever they want for STANTON...now!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: give MARLINS whatever they want for STANTON...now!

No.  Plus Miami isn't trading him.  Why would we trade player who is on the cusp of a major league career who is very very likely to be a 30/100 .300 guy and has a "ceiling" of the best player in baseball plus several other prospects who will be above average MLB regulars for ONE guy???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

You're willing to give up Xander, Garin, Henry, and 1-2 more top prospects for 1 player? No thanks, just wait and hope he becomes a free agent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He's actually not having a very good season, his HR last night notwithstanding.

His .826 should improve, but his K-rate kind of stinks at about 30%.

He's missed a fair amount of time in the past 2 years.

He is about at the end of his free period, and will get expensive quickly.

I don't mind targeting great ball players, but the mistake many teams make is making an uber-offer for a player that is not an uber-player.  Kind of like the Pujols contract or Zito.  A top of the market offer should really come with just about -0- question marks.

FWIW, I have him in one of my fantasy leagues and I am very far from happy that I drafted him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It's a huge question: If not Stanton who else?

Bogaerts, Webster, Owens, Brentz and Iggy.

For Stanton and Cishek and a good prospect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

this guy's the real deal. live in bmore and got to see him last 2 days versus NATS. saw him in that AB against strasburg.. threw him a 97mph fastballl on the outside black on 3-2 after buzzing him inside.. stanton adjusts on the fly and goes the other way for a 440 foot bomb to blow him outta there.

today in a 0-1 game, waits til bottom of ninth against the stud closa sariano.. first pitch, he comes up and in, second pitch throws a strike away on a slider. on 1-1 he comes back with another high fastball and boommm.. stanton is all over it roseann barr on a big mac. score tied! this guy is a total stud. very smart with great power to all fields. you let ells go, let shane go to cf and put stant in right.. u keep gomes/nav in left.. send jbj/boegarts and webster if u must in a package!

Commy, 

First, I needed a translater to read your ramblings. 

Secondly, let me get this right. You'd send three of our top prospects for a player who has been injury prone this year and last when we're just about to see the Sox reap the harvest of all of these prospects and on top of that you'd just let Ells go when he's fnally back to the way he's capable of playing. Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. Just glad your not the GM.

Hetch 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

this guy's the real deal. live in bmore and got to see him last 2 days versus NATS. saw him in that AB against strasburg.. threw him a 97mph fastballl on the outside black on 3-2 after buzzing him inside.. stanton adjusts on the fly and goes the other way for a 440 foot bomb to blow him outta there.

today in a 0-1 game, waits til bottom of ninth against the stud closa sariano.. first pitch, he comes up and in, second pitch throws a strike away on a slider. on 1-1 he comes back with another high fastball and boommm.. stanton is all over it roseann barr on a big mac. score tied! this guy is a total stud. very smart with great power to all fields. you let ells go, let shane go to cf and put stant in right.. u keep gomes/nav in left.. send jbj/boegarts and webster if u must in a package!

Commy, 

Secondly, let me get this right. You'd send three of our top prospects for a player who has been injury prone this year and last when we're just about to see the Sox reap the harvest of all of these prospects and on top of that you'd just let Ells go when he's fnally back to the way he's capable of playing. Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. Just glad your not the GM.

Hetch 

Hetch, you and I are in exactly the same place on this topic.  The plan for this team is exactly on schedule.  This year is only a very pleasant bump in the road.

I'm looking for a year like this one NEXT year and for things to get better after that.  We've got some very good players who are blocked and at the same time we've got some holes appearing.  Within a year or two we're going to be able to use those blocked players to trade to fill the holes, and those that can't be filled with trades are going to be able to be filled through FA because of the low salaries we're going to be paying our "new regulars". 

The future for this team is very bright.  This is where we want to be.  Let's not go screwing this up just because we got greedy in 2013. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stanton is currently batting .251, with 10 home runs. OPS is .826.  The odds are that he will improve on that , but how much do you want to give up for him ?   There is a possibility that Bogaerts will become as good as Stanton. There is a general consensus that Bogaerts and Bradley are our two best prospects. Trading both of them is out of the question.  I would be willing to trade a package of Barnes, Brentz and Webster, or something similar, but I doubt that would be enough for Miami.  Best to wait and see how he is producing when he hits free agency.

Stabbed by Foulke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stanton is currently batting .251, with 10 home runs. OPS is .826.  The odds are that he will improve on that , but how much do you want to give up for him ?   There is a possibility that Bogaerts will become as good as Stanton. There is a general consensus that Bogaerts and Bradley are our two best prospects. Trading both of them is out of the question.  I would be willing to trade a package of Barnes, Brentz and Webster, or something similar, but I doubt that would be enough for Miami.  Best to wait and see how he is producing when he hits free agency.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Agreed...he will be 27(nov. 2016) for the 2017 season, so a longer term deal is a better possibility depending on how he performs the next 3 years. You could go 6-8 years and not worry too much about it. With the DH spot it makes it even easier to decide.

Like I said though, hes had nagging injuries the last 3 years and a very high K rate. If he can prove he can stay healthy, have power, stay off any PED list, and keep the K's in check, then he will get paid by someone.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Commy, 

Hetch 

Hetch, you and I are in exactly the same place on this topic.  The plan for this team is exactly on schedule.  This year is only a very pleasant bump in the road.

I'm looking for a year like this one NEXT year and for things to get better after that.  We've got some very good players who are blocked and at the same time we've got some holes appearing.  Within a year or two we're going to be able to use those blocked players to trade to fill the holes, and those that can't be filled with trades are going to be able to be filled through FA because of the low salaries we're going to be paying our "new regulars". 

The future for this team is very bright.  This is where we want to be.  Let's not go screwing this up just because we got greedy in 2013. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few of our comrades wanted to go crazy and get one or both Uptons, neither of which I've ever cared to see in a Sox iniform. Justin's having a fair year but hitting only .255 with 100 strike outs in only 329 at bats, and BJ is just beyond awful this year.

Hetch 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The search for a right handed power bat to take advantage of the green monster has been going on for many, many years. Many were brought on board. The results have been mixed. It was not until we had Manny that it really produced a championship. Even then , it helped that we had Ortiz, Pedro, Schilling and others. No question that a big right hand bat would help, but a good blend of pitching, hitting, speed and defense will usually be successful. The fact is that the majority of the Sox greatest hitters, as well as baseball's greatest hitters have been left handed. Significant when compared to the percentage of lefties in the overall population. You would like to have a well balanced lineup, but you don't mortgage the future to acquire a Stanton. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Is gibberish a real language?

I will post my reply in gibberish, too.

make no wrong mistake moves, he not be traded any time in the last little while soon.

if he wants trade to Boston, I wouldn't give too much of everything 'cause he gets hurt and he's like Rosanne Barr choking on a Big Mac....dead weight.

if they trade everybody, he play all by himself with a bunch of losers. let's see them finish out of last place with a similar lineup to nothing.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

Two things that make me say WOW; the RS season and this post

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Offer:

2 from: DLR, Webster, Barnes, Britton, Workman

2 from: Brentz, Marrero, (1 of Britton or Workman if not taken already above)

2 from: Wilson, de la Torre, Coyle, Almanzar, Margot, de la Cruz, Hassan, Hazelbaker, Lin

Probably not enough, but I don't think I offer JBJ, Boggy or Cecchini. I might add Ranaudo or Owens to the mix, but reluctantly.

Sox4ever

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Offer:

2 from: Wilson, de la Torre, Coyle, Almanzar, Margot, de la Cruz, Hassan, Hazelbaker, Lin

Probably not enough, but I don't think I offer JBJ, Boggy or Cecchini. I might add Ranaudo or Owens to the mix, but reluctantly.

Sox4ever

So  Rubby, Webster, Workman ,Brentz, plus likely Almanzar and dela Cruz straight up for Stanton ?   WOW.

Either drop Rubby ; or swap Rubby for Britton but include Cishek from Miami and I think I could be okay with it. Basically any package of 4-5  NOT including Bogey, Bradley, DeLaRosa or Ranaudo or Iggy. Trouble being I'm unfamiliar with what Miami's needs are, believe they have a bunch of outfielders. Maybe swap Brentz for Vazquez or something.

I believe Stanton to be the "real deal", as talented as a right-handed Darryl Strawberry without the drug / attitude issues. His temperament this year totally understandable after feeling lied to by ownership. His hit profile plays well in Fenway , and his age comparables are Tony Conigliaro and Juan Gonzalez. He MIGHT outperform Manny over ten years in Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Offer:

Sox4ever

So  Rubby, Webster, Workman ,Brentz, plus likely Almanzar and dela Cruz straight up for Stanton ?   WOW.

Either drop Rubby ; or swap Rubby for Britton but include Cishek from Miami and I think I could be okay with it. Basically any package of 4-5  NOT including Bogey, Bradley, DeLaRosa or Ranaudo or Iggy. Trouble being I'm unfamiliar with what Miami's needs are, believe they have a bunch of outfielders. Maybe swap Brentz for Vazquez or something.

I believe Stanton to be the "real deal", as talented as a right-handed Darryl Strawberry without the drug / attitude issues. His temperament this year totally understandable after feeling lied to by ownership. His hit profile plays well in Fenway , and his age comparables are Tony Conigliaro and Juan Gonzalez. He MIGHT outperform Manny over ten years in Boston.

He may be a real Talent but comparable to Manny, NO WAY !!

Hetch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Offer:

Sox4ever

You're going to have to IMO include a couple of premium prospects to pull this off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Well  Hetch.....no less an authority than baseball reference compares him age / achievement wise ( as in ALREADY accomplished ) to Conigliaro, Juan Gone , Horner, Powell, etc.

You can look it up. Very few players accumulate 90+  homers before age 23.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Well  Hetch.....no less an authority than baseball reference compares him age / achievement wise ( as in ALREADY accomplished ) to Conigliaro, Juan Gone , Horner, Powell, etc.

You can look it up. Very few players accumulate 90+  homers before age 23.

I could care less about baseball reference. At 23 Manny hit .308 with an OBP over .400. Stanton doesn't come close to either. Possibly a very good young player who will hit lots of home runs, drive in runs will never hit for high batting average like Manny. You can take that to the bank !!

Hetch

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts