give MARLINS whatever they want for STANTON...now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: give MARLINS whatever they want for STANTON...now!

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to jimedfred's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Offer:

2 from: DLR, Webster, Barnes, Britton, Workman

2 from: Brentz, Marrero, (1 of Britton or Workman if not taken already above)

2 from: Wilson, de la Torre, Coyle, Almanzar, Margot, de la Cruz, Hassan, Hazelbaker, Lin

Probably not enough, but I don't think I offer JBJ, Boggy or Cecchini. I might add Ranaudo or Owens to the mix, but reluctantly.

Sox4ever

So  Rubby, Webster, Workman ,Brentz, plus likely Almanzar and dela Cruz straight up for Stanton ?   WOW.

Either drop Rubby ; or swap Rubby for Britton but include Cishek from Miami and I think I could be okay with it. Basically any package of 4-5  NOT including Bogey, Bradley, DeLaRosa or Ranaudo or Iggy. Trouble being I'm unfamiliar with what Miami's needs are, believe they have a bunch of outfielders. Maybe swap Brentz for Vazquez or something.

I believe Stanton to be the "real deal", as talented as a right-handed Darryl Strawberry without the drug / attitude issues. His temperament this year totally understandable after feeling lied to by ownership. His hit profile plays well in Fenway , and his age comparables are Tony Conigliaro and Juan Gonzalez. He MIGHT outperform Manny over ten years in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

You're going to have to IMO include a couple of premium prospects to pull this off.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but was hoping to overwhelm them with quantity of decent prospects without parting with one of our best, but I doubt Miami falls for it.

Maybe upgrade the offer and let them have ...

2 from: Ranaudo, DLR, Webster, Owens

2 from: Barnes, Workman, Britton, Brentz

2 from:  Marrero, Wilson, de la Torre, Coyle, Almanzar, Margot, de la Cruz, Hassan, Hazelbaker, Lin

If I were Miami, I'd take Ranaudo, Owens, Barnes, Brentz, Marrero, and Almanzar. (If I were Boston, I'd try and keep one of Ranaudo and Owens.)

If they gave us Cishek, that would be helpful, but Stanton may be worth this gamble all by himself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

There is just no trade I see Miami accepting without including Xander Bogaerts.  Maybe Raunado/Webster/Cecchini/Brentz/DLK gets a callback....a call back asking for Bogaerts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Good, Cecchini looked good at Futures game. Ranaudo not so good. Went to it yesterday. I thought Triple AAA guys were not suppose to participate? Bogaerts played got 2 hits?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Good, Cecchini looked good at Futures game. Ranaudo not so good.

I heard his change is very "meh" and it showed when he pitched to all advanced hitters and not watered down double A lineups.  Don't get me wrong I'm still high on Ranaudo but that's the perfect example of why we need to pump the breaks on these young kids some times.  Some around here had even been calling for Ranaudo to come up to the big league club this year.

Im sure if he just threw all fastballs out of the pen that he could pass as a reliever, but the sox are still developing him as a starter.  Nice to see Cecchini and Bogaeerts held in such high regard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

My boy Springer is kicking but, UCONN guy from CT. Not worried Hugh. Kid that pitched that looked good was Walker. Seattle is going to have some serious arms soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

My boy Springer is kicking but, UCONN guy from CT. Not worried Hugh. Kid that pitched that looked good was Walker. Seattle is going to have some serious arms soon.

I agree and when the arms catch up to the bats they may be tough for a few years to come. 

Ells would look great to solidify that outfield. He is a fun CF to watch--too bad he will be gone soon.

Would you trade: Ells, Boggie and Webster for Furbush, Seager and Wilhelmsen?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Offer:

2 from: Wilson, de la Torre, Coyle, Almanzar, Margot, de la Cruz, Hassan, Hazelbaker, Lin

Probably not enough, but I don't think I offer JBJ, Boggy or Cecchini. I might add Ranaudo or Owens to the mix, but reluctantly.

Sox4ever

So  Rubby, Webster, Workman ,Brentz, plus likely Almanzar and dela Cruz straight up for Stanton ?   WOW.

Either drop Rubby ; or swap Rubby for Britton but include Cishek from Miami and I think I could be okay with it. Basically any package of 4-5  NOT including Bogey, Bradley, DeLaRosa or Ranaudo or Iggy. Trouble being I'm unfamiliar with what Miami's needs are, believe they have a bunch of outfielders. Maybe swap Brentz for Vazquez or something.

I believe Stanton to be the "real deal", as talented as a right-handed Darryl Strawberry without the drug / attitude issues. His temperament this year totally understandable after feeling lied to by ownership. His hit profile plays well in Fenway , and his age comparables are Tony Conigliaro and Juan Gonzalez. He MIGHT outperform Manny over ten years in Boston.

You're going to have to IMO include a couple of premium prospects to pull this off.

I agree, but was hoping to overwhelm them with quantity of decent prospects without parting with one of our best, but I doubt Miami falls for it.

2 from:  Marrero, Wilson, de la Torre, Coyle, Almanzar, Margot, de la Cruz, Hassan, Hazelbaker, Lin

If I were Miami, I'd take Ranaudo, Owens, Barnes, Brentz, Marrero, and Almanzar. (If I were Boston, I'd try and keep one of Ranaudo and Owens.)

If they gave us Cishek, that would be helpful, but Stanton may be worth this gamble all by himself.

6 for 1?!?! are you kidding. 4 of our top pitching prospects and 2 more bodies? Sorry, but Stanton is NOT worth that kind of haul by himself, even IF they add Cishek.. We have the best offense in baseball right now, and with 1 legit slugger (Papi) in the lineup.

I might part with a few of those names for a younger top line starter whos under control for a few years, but not an oft injured RF'er whos a 260-280 hitter and will be only under control and expensive for the next 3 years. Wait until hes a FA at age 27, then it will only cost $$.

Now, I dont think all those pitching prospects will work out, but you just dont take the chance giving up 4 of them reducing your chances significantly. Pitching is going to be the hardest thing to come by and is much more important than a RF with power.

IMO, Thats just a crazy gamble to giveup a future rotation for that guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Offer:

Sox4ever

6 for 1?!?! are you kidding. 4 of our top pitching prospects and 2 more bodies? Sorry, but Stanton is NOT worth that kind of haul by himself, even IF they add Cishek.. We have the best offense in baseball right now, and with 1 legit slugger (Papi) in the lineup.

I might part with a few of those names for a younger top line starter whos under control for a few years, but not an oft injured RF'er whos a 260-280 hitter and will be only under control and expensive for the next 3 years. Wait until hes a FA at age 27, then it will only cost $$.

Now, I dont think all those pitching prospects will work out, but you just dont take the chance giving up 4 of them reducing your chances significantly. Pitching is going to be the hardest thing to come by and is much more important than a RF with power.

I'd try to hold onto Owens and Ranaudo, but the trade only gives up 2 of our top 4 pitchers and then 1-2 of the next 3.

I'm not sure I'd make this trade myself, but I'd rather do this than give up Bogaerts.

Maybe we could give JBJ, Iggy, or Cecchini instead of a SP or two, but then we have more holes to fill....

Maybe:

1 from JBJ or Cecchini (If JBJ, then re-sign Jacoby)

1 from Webster or DLR (if they insist on Owens or Ranaudo consider it.)

2 from Barnes, Brentz (if no JBJ above), Britton, or Workman

2 from Marrero (if no Cecchini above), Almanzar or de la Cruz

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Offer:

Sox4ever

I'd try to hold onto Owens and Ranaudo, but the trade only gives up 2 of our top 4 pitchers and then 1-2 of the next 3.

I'm not sure I'd make this trade myself, but I'd rather do this than give up Bogaerts.

Maybe we could give JBJ, Iggy, or Cecchini instead of a SP or two, but then we have more holes to fill....

Maybe:

1 from JBJ or Cecchini (If JBJ, then re-sign Jacoby)

1 from Webster or DLR (if they insist on Owens or Ranaudo consider it.)

2 from Barnes, Brentz (if no JBJ above), Britton, or Workman

2 from Marrero (if no Cecchini above), Almanzar or de la Cruz

Personally, I dont give up Bogey, JBJ, Cecchini Owens, RDLR, Workman, swihrt, Vasquez, Betts, and Barnes. I know thats a lot, but Guys like Cecchini and Bogey are just pure hitters. I hate giving up pitching prospects. especially before they have a full season in AA and we have a better idea of who they are. Barnes and Owens fall under this catagory.

Id consider Ranaudo, Britton and Webster for pitchers. I would consider Lavarnway, Marrero, Brentz too. But certainly not all of them in one trade. Maybe offer them 3.

Thats not a lot of great names I know, but I dont like giving up that much of the future for one player. Our team has proved this year that you dont need a team full of superstars to win. Just good solid players with a lot of heart and passion for the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Do we have another player named Middlebrook having a bit simular stats as Stanton except the batting average for this season?   Middlebrook hitted 9 homeruns while Stanton hit 10 homeruns.  

If you want to make a trade, why can we make one to one trade, Middlebrook for Stanton.

If Stanton was batting .300, hitting 20 homeruns, etc at this time of the year, of course, Boston need to part away few more prospects.

But for now, I do not see much difference between these two except the average, age, height and weights!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Do we have another player named Middlebrook having a bit simular stats as Stanton except the batting average for this season?   Middlebrook hitted 9 homeruns while Stanton hit 10 homeruns.  

If you want to make a trade, why can we make one to one trade, Middlebrook for Stanton.

If Stanton was batting .300, hitting 20 homeruns, etc at this time of the year, of course, Boston need to part away few more prospects.

But for now, I do not see much difference between these two except the average, age, height and weights!!

I'm sure Miami shall be chomping at the bit for that trade. You might as well keep Middlebrooks then, since he would be worth almost 2 Pedroias.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm sure Miami shall be chomping at the bit for that trade. You might as well keep Middlebrooks then, since he would be worth almost 2 Pedroias.

[/QUOTE]

But my point is that between these two possible stars, there is not much difference if we are going to look at the stats.

That is why Boston do not need to part away 4 to something prospects just for that guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Well  Hetch.....no less an authority than baseball reference compares him age / achievement wise ( as in ALREADY accomplished ) to Conigliaro, Juan Gone , Horner, Powell, etc.

You can look it up. Very few players accumulate 90+  homers before age 23.

I could care less about baseball reference. At 23 Manny hit .308 with an OBP over .400. Stanton doesn't come close to either. Possibly a very good young player who will hit lots of home runs, drive in runs will never hit for high batting average like Manny. You can take that to the bank !!

Hetch

Manny also spent his early years surrounded by Cooperstown-level talent.

In the last 3 years, Stanton has a .910 OPS and 81 HRs.  His supporting cast in that timeframe is lead by Logan Morrison (38 HR), John Buck (28 HR) and Justin Ruggiano (24 HR).  Not exactly the same as being flanked by Jim Thome, Eddie Murray, Omar Vizquel, Kenny Lofton, Carlos Baerga, and (eventually) Roberto Alomar...