Give Peavy an extension.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

Give Peavy an extension.

He has been everything the Sox want.Doubront may or may not be.With the chance Lester is gone we should keep good pitcher and make changes in the future.No one knows if the prospects will amount to anything.Plus Peavy for another year could lead us to a trade for a power bat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Give Peavy an extension.

In response to bosoxhero2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has been everything the Sox want.Doubront may or may not be.With the chance Lester is gone we should keep good pitcher and make changes in the future.No one knows if the prospects will amount to anything.Plus Peavy for another year could lead us to a trade for a power bat.

[/QUOTE]

At the right price Peavy might be a good bridge to our young pitching talent that will start to have a major impact in about two years. Lester should be given an extension; I do not think he is necessarily gone. I think he wants to stay with the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At the right price Peavy might be a good bridge to our young pitching talent that will start to have a major impact in about two years. Lester should be given an extension; I do not think he is necessarily gone. I think he wants to stay with the team.

[/QUOTE]

i am just saying it is easier to trade from what we have so we have leverage.we have almost a potential two rotations.counting starters and prospects.not countin the dempster situation.i want lester to stay.i think doubront is the trade bait if he could be used to get a really good player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

It's only been four games but I'm pretty sure our pitching won't be the issue this season if they stay healthy.  If Gomes and Nava don't start hitting I would personally hand the job over to JBJ to see what he can do again while Gomes and Nava watch from the bench and only play in certain situations.  Better defense for the team and more playing time for the kid may just help him get to the level some think he may reach much sooner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's only been four games but I'm pretty sure our pitching won't be the issue this season if they stay healthy.  If Gomes and Nava don't start hitting I would personally hand the job over to JBJ to see what he can do again while Gomes and Nava watch from the bench and only play in certain situations.  Better defense for the team and more playing time for the kid may just help him get to the level some think he may reach much sooner.

[/QUOTE]

signing guys to friendly extensions lead to better chances to upgrade other postions.i agree JBJ should play.i am always for watching potentially exciting players.i like bryce brentz too.i would trade nava and doubront for an upgrade.i think middlebrooks will hit.gomes off the bench.maybe trade carp too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

signing guys to friendly extensions lead to better chances to upgrade other postions.i agree JBJ should play.i am always for watching potentially exciting players.i like bryce brentz too.i would trade nava and doubront for an upgrade.i think middlebrooks will hit.gomes off the bench.maybe trade carp too.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt we have as many or more options than any team in baseball to make upgrades.  After last season I'm pretty confident FarrelL and the FO won't let things get too out of hand before swapping lineups and/or players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Not sure that we want to do that NOW or evaaaaaa.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I'm have always been a Peavy fan, even though his fastball has lost some speed he is still an inportant piece to have in order to compete.  Until a kid from the farm really steps up and proves himself, or we fall out of the race later in the season for some reason I wouldn't trade a starter.  I wouldn't hesitate to trade a couple of our young arms and positional players on the farm along with guys like Lav, Lava or possibly even Middy if he struggles again.  I would definately extend Lester without a doubt first.

Gomes I would just let walk next season I think Carp is even a better hitter against lefties.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Peavy is still a decent pitcher and would be a good bridge to the younger arms on the farm!

Boston, City of Champions

10. This post has been removed.