GIVE PEDY THE NIGHT OFF, PLUG "THE KID" INTO SHORTSTOP......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

GIVE PEDY THE NIGHT OFF, PLUG "THE KID" INTO SHORTSTOP......

WHY NOT ???  PEDY NEEDS A BREAK.......  I THINK THE YANK$ ARE NEXT !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: GIVE PEDY THE NIGHT OFF, PLUG "THE KID" INTO SHORTSTOP......

it cant hurt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I agree. Pedroia should be told that he won't play near 150 games or more because he's coming off the injury year. Put Lowrie at 2B, hitting much better than Pedroia at the moment, and put a better defensive SS in for some reps before they send him back to AAA. Next year, he should be ready to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Pedroia is in a slump. he will not come out of the slump sitting on the bench. Pedroia in a slump is a better MLB hitter than Iggy is a AAA hitter right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

five, you make a needless point. The team is floundering under .500. Iggy won't be around long. Putting Lowrie at 2B and Iggy at SS for a game here or there is not going to do anything but give the team a different look for a short period of time. It's a good idea to shake up the bag for a day here or there. He's talking about gived Pedroia a day off, not a week off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Already done.  Lowrie has the bug.  The kid starts as SS.

You got your wish without sacrifycing #15.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

As it was noted in the pregame notes:

Pedroia is breaking out of his skid. He is 5 of his last 16 with five walks and no strikeouts. 

So maybe he doesn't need the day off. As it is, Iggy is starting today because Lowrie has the bug that's going around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Lowrie is sick, the kid will play tonight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THEO & TITO JUST CALLED......  THEY OFFERED ME A JOB AS PLAYER CONSULTANT AT BIG $$$$$.......  AS DAD WOULD SAY.........  "SON, YOU SHOULD TAKE THAT, A BIG JUMP FROM THE GRAND KIDS T-BALL TEAM"  !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: GIVE PEDY THE NIGHT OFF, PLUG "THE KID" INTO SHORTSTOP......:
    [QUOTE]five, you make a needless point. The team is floundering under .500. Iggy won't be around long. Putting Lowrie at 2B and Iggy at SS for a game here or there is not going to do anything but give the team a different look for a short period of time. It's a good idea to shake up the bag for a day here or there. He's talking about gived Pedroia a day off, not a week off.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]I beg to differ it is not needless. The goal of every game is to score more than your opponent and the team has  dug a hole because they haven't done that half the time yet season to date.

Jose has had 376 PA as a professional. He has been over matched at AAA in his 92 PAs there. He has walked in only 2% of those PAs and K'ed in 18.5% of those PAs. He had .531 OPS.  He also wasn't handling his chances defensively all that well to start the year in Pawtucket making 5 errors on 95 chances, versus his 2010 in a and AA where in 215 chances he made 7 errors. The only reason he is here is because Navaro is on the DL.

Now in a similar sample set Pedroia has struggled at the plate but still drew 20 BB (115 PAs) meaning he walks 17% of his PAs. He makes an out 67% of the time where in AAA Jose was making an out 73% of the time.

But most of all the odds of Pedroia coming out of his slump while playing are far greater than Jose's making the quantum leap from not hitting AAA pitching to hitting MLB pitching.

I know everybody wants to see the next great thing right now, but I think the RS would rather lower his exposure to potential failure and rather see their all-star second baseman get on track. Dustin had a day off just this weekend so it isn't likely his problem is cured by a days rest...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I say kick Pedey, he will like that more and go on a laser show like you have never seen in your lifetime Mr Bill.  Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

In Response to Re: GIVE PEDY THE NIGHT OFF, PLUG "THE KID" INTO SHORTSTOP......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GIVE PEDY THE NIGHT OFF, PLUG "THE KID" INTO SHORTSTOP...... : I beg to differ it is not needless. The goal of every game is to score more than your opponent and the team has  dug a hole because they haven't done that half the time yet season to date. Jose has had 376 PA as a professional. He has been over matched at AAA in his 92 PAs there. He has walked in only 2% of those PAs and K'ed in 18.5% of those PAs. He had .531 OPS.  He also wasn't handling his chances defensively all that well to start the year in Pawtucket making 5 errors on 95 chances, versus his 2010 in a and AA where in 215 chances he made 7 errors. The only reason he is here is because Navaro is on the DL. Now in a similar sample set Pedroia has struggled at the plate but still drew 20 BB (115 PAs) meaning he walks 17% of his PAs. He makes an out 67% of the time where in AAA Jose was making an out 73% of the time. But most of all the odds of Pedroia coming out of his slump while playing are far greater than Jose's making the quantum leap from not hitting AAA pitching to hitting MLB pitching. I know everybody wants to see the next great thing right now, but I think the RS would rather lower his exposure to potential failure and rather see their all-star second baseman get on track. Dustin had a day off just this weekend so it isn't likely his problem is cured by a days rest...
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]
    You should be an advisor for the Mariners. They could have really used your insight before releasing Milton Bradley. They should have let him play through his slump.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THE KID IS IN TONIGHT WITH PEDY AS JED IS ILL  !!!   9 INNINGS SHOULD BE AN INTERESTING SAMPLE, IN THE FIELD, ANYWAY  !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

5, it was a day off. You wrote a novel, and a pointless one. It's as if you think you know more than someone else. All of your points were trite, and unrelated to giving Pedroia a day off. Pedroia was 0-4, and putting Iggy in was not for his bat.

As it turned out, Lowrie didn't take long to hit the unable list again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I do like the gorilla pic.
    "Oftlaw" thinks better without a head.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

What a spark the kid provided last night!!!  It's obvious he should be their starting SS.  Sox pitching is so dominant that they can afford 2 almost automatic outs at the bottom of the order.Frown

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

OK, y not put cc at #2 and sllide everyone down a slot. so pedy hits third and gonzo fourth and so forth. i know pedy isnt a conventional 3 hole guy but if he gets hot, i would just ride it that way for now. the speed element makes it worthwhile to me. having ur top 3 fastest guys at the top of the lineup is smart. than you have your top 3 bangers in a row to drive them in, plus all 3 are very patient at the plate and increasingly hit to all sides of the field. then you have lowrie hit #7. and drew at the 8 hole. i seriously would love terry to at least try this for a while.