Give Terry credit today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Give Terry credit today

Terry did a great job today managing the staff.  He took Miller out before things got out of control in favor of Aceves who has been a great addition.  With Bard and Pap to follow, things worked out as they should. 

I'm still on Millers side, with Bedard on board the rest of the season we should be fine.  Next season Miller could be right back in the rotation, he has what it takes if he can improve on location.  If Clay can make it back before the PS we have a very deep staff and better bullpen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Re: Give Terry credit today

He was at 106 pitches.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today:
    [QUOTE]He was at 106 pitches.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

Still a good move, as was removing Lackey the other night with two guys on and Aceves today after his first BB in favor of Bard.  This wasn't happening early on this season or years past.  Terry would tend to let these guys give up 7 runs before removing them.

Very few ever give Terry credit, instead they tend to say it was the natural thing to do which isn't completely wrong.  Terry needs to do this more often than not.  His management is key to keeping us in every game possible and hope our pen and offense can take over.

Loyalty doesn't win ball games

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

You know that certain posters will see this thread title and ruin it, don't you. Bosox1941 will be here shortly and he wanted to watch the History Channel tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Great start by Miller today. Great relief pitching once again. Timely hitting in the comeback. Great HR by Tek. Good baserunning. One blunder by Scutaro but he made two highlight plays in recent games. Good defensive plays by Gonzalez and Youk.
    OK, I erased "quality" from "quality start" since I was off by an out. Please don't tell Babe that I erred again. I did however enjoy the game and found something positive to talk about. That is a start on a forum that is 90% negative.

Oh, Heidi was looking fine again today - as usual.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Great quality start by Miller today. Great relief pitching once again. Timely hitting in the comeback. Great HR by Tek. Good baserunning. One blunder by Scutaro but he made two highlight plays in recent games. Good defensive plays by Gonzalez and Youk.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

These are the kind of posts I'm talking about.  Some people just don't like giving Terry partial credit for the right moves.  Just bash him when he makes a bad one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Actually, I thought Francona should have removed Miller in the 4th.  Chicago had been hitting well and I thought the game was a hit from getting away from the Red Sox.  I realized this would have stretched the pen a bit, but the outcome was clearly in the balance.  Fortunately, Miller was able to strike out Quentin and Adam Dunn popped out. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Great quality start by Miller today. Great relief pitching once again. Timely hitting in the comeback. Great HR by Tek. Good baserunning. One blunder by Scutaro but he made two highlight plays in recent games. Good defensive plays by Gonzalez and Youk.

Oh, I forgot to give Terry credit also for handling the pitching staff. I didn't realize that complimenting the pitchers and also Terry were mutually exclusive. What are you smoking, it must be good stuff?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : Oh, I forgot to give Terry credit also for handling the pitching staff. I didn't realize that complimenting the pitchers and also Terry were mutually exclusive. What are you smoking, it must be good stuff?

Just giving credit where credit is do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]You know that certain posters will see this thread title and ruin it, don't you. Bosox1941 will be here shortly and he wanted to watch the History Channel tonight.

How can this thread be ruined? Francona managed well today. That's what he's paid to do.
     Think about this, why should his fans have to bring attention to the fact that he managed well today? He's supposedly one of the best managers in baseball.
    Why should anyone be surprised that he actually pulled Miller and Acves before the game was lost. The reason why is simple, it's not what he usually does, he surprises even his minions when he does what he's paid to do......
    They're surprised that he managed well, yet they call him the best manager the Sox have ever had. Actually, he's been the manager of the the Sox during their best stretch over 8 years, ever. Even he says he's a very lucky man.
    Do you truly believe he's done a better job with the team, over the past 7 plus years, than any one of 25 to 30 other managers could have done?                       I don't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Not quite a quality start. He only went 5 2/3 innings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : Not quite a quality start. He only went 5 2/3 innings.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Exactly Roy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : How can this thread be ruined? Francona managed well today. That's what he's paid to do.  Think about this, why should his fans have to bring attention to the fact that he managed well today? He's supposedly one of the best managers in baseball. Why should anyone be surprised that he actually pulled Miller and Acves before the game was lost. The reason why is simple, it's not what he usually does, he surprises even his minions when he does what he's paid to do...... They're surprised that he managed well, yet they call him the best manager the Sox have ever had. Actually, he's been the manager of the the Sox during their best stretch over 8 years, ever. Even he says he's a very lucky man. Do you truly believe he's done a better job with the team, over the past 7 plus years, than any one of 25 to 30 other managers could have done?                       I don't.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Figures one person has to be negative !! Why can't you just accept the fact that Francona is a very good manager ? Just because he gets paid to be a good manager is strange logic. Every manager in MLB gets paid very well, yet many get fired every year because they can't get the job done, whereas Tito has the Sox always in the pennant race.

Hetchinspete.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Pete, don't take him seriously. He doesn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : Just giving credit where credit is do.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I've been following the Sox since before williams was manager, that's Dick not Jimy, and Francona is hands down the best these eyes have seen in a Sox uniform, and second best isn't even close. Having said that I still reserve the right to nit pick, and second guess each and every move he makes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Give Terry credit today:
    [QUOTE]Terry did a great job today managing the staff.  He took Miller out before things got out of control in favor of Aceves who has been a great addition.  With Bard and Pap to follow, things worked out as they should.  I'm still on Millers side, with Bedard on board the rest of the season we should be fine.  Next season Miller could be right back in the rotation, he has what it takes if he can improve on location.  If Clay can make it back before the PS we have a very deep staff and better bullpen.
    Good points, all, and Division Bell is a great album.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Give Terry credit today : Good points, all, and Division Bell is a great album.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Thanks pal, always my favorite band Lloyd, their music and lyrics are in a class of their own.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : Figures one person has to be negative !! Why can't you just accept the fact that Francona is a very good manager ? Just because he gets paid to be a good manager is strange logic. Every manager in MLB gets paid very well, yet many get fired every year because they can't get the job done, whereas Tito has the Sox always in the pennant race. Hetchinspete.
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

The fact is that he is not now, never was and never will be a good manager. He's very lucky that the Sox front office has provided him with enough talent for the team to win, even with him as the manager.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : The fact is that he is not now, never was and never will be a good manager. He's very lucky that the Sox front office has provided him with enough talent for the team to win, even with him as the manager.

Ouch, someone mentioned you may have a thought on my thread.  Nice to meet you 1941 :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : Ouch, someone mentioned you may have a thought on my thread.  Nice to meet you 1941 :)
    Likewise, I'm sure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : The fact is that he is not now, never was and never will be a good manager.

That's not a fact.  That's called an opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]Great start by Miller today. Great relief pitching once again. Timely hitting in the comeback. Great HR by Tek. Good baserunning. One blunder by Scutaro but he made two highlight plays in recent games. Good defensive plays by Gonzalez and Youk. OK, I erased "quality" from "quality start" since I was off by an out. Please don't tell Babe that I erred again. I did however enjoy the game and found something positive to talk about. That is a start on a forum that is 90% negative. Oh, Heidi was looking fine again today - as usual.

It was a great all-around game for the Red Sox today.  I wouldn't say Miller's start was great, but outside of the 4th inning, I thought he pitched very well.  The 8 K's and only 1 BB was very good to see.  I thought his curve looked very good for the most part, and his FB velocity was higher than it usually is.

At any rate, he did what he had to do to keep his team in the game.  Good for him!

And kudos to the captain for his HR!

Perhaps the best part about the win was not having to listen to Hawk celebrate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : That's not a fact.  That's called an opinion.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Those who do not like Francona seem to have a hard time differentiating between fact and opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : That's not a fact.  That's called an opinion.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    An ill-informed one at that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : Thanks pal, always my favorite band Lloyd, their music and lyrics are in a class of their own.
    My favorite has always been the Beatles, but on No. 2 I go back and forth between Pink Floyd and the Clash (as you might have guessed).
    You ever venture over to the music board? We have some cool discussions there.

Sections
Shortcuts