Give Terry credit today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Give Terry credit today

In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today:
    [QUOTE]Let's frame this shout out for Tito slightly differently the. How many here would have pulled the hook on Miller much sooner? Much of what Francona does is pretty boring. He doesn't force the issue most of the time on offense, letting the players make the opportunities rather than trading outs to force getting guys into scoring position for single runs. That can't always be easy to not try and force the action. Similarly, letting pitchers work through rough spots to avoid pitching the bullpen into the ground may be the absence of action but it takes a great deal of discpline. Now it wan't a brilliantly managed game but I bet a whole lot of arm chair managers would have done it very differently and may not have enjoyed the same result. And that IMO was the context the OP was created in, not a celebration of a brillant move just pointing out that the guy actually does know what he is doing.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

fivekatz nails it again, as he often does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Terry credit today : Well this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say you don't know the difference between fact and opinion.  Francona as the best manager is a fact. 
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Lol, in your opinion...Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Why do people interact with BOSOX1941, best to put that anti-Francona troll on ignore. He's never gonna change his views. I like thinking about the look on his face when/if Francona goes to the Hall of Fame, one more World Series ring might do it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I think he's a candidate for the HOF now, what with the multiple MOY awards he's garnered.
    How many rings does he need to qualify?  He has 4 now! 2 while watching the Sox win in 2004 & 2007, and 1 in 2005 with the White Sox and 1 in 2009 with the Yankees. There's a little known rumor that both the White Sox and the Yankees voted to give Francona a ring for his contributions to their successful years. Both teams voted him as their MVOM. Most Valuable Opposing Manager.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Let's frame this shout out for Tito slightly differently the. How many here would have pulled the hook on Miller much sooner? Much of what Francona does is pretty boring. He doesn't force the issue most of the time on offense, letting the players make the opportunities rather than trading outs to force getting guys into scoring position for single runs. That can't always be easy to not try and force the action. Similarly, letting pitchers work through rough spots to avoid pitching the bullpen into the ground may be the absence of action but it takes a great deal of discpline. Now it wan't a brilliantly managed game but I bet a whole lot of arm chair managers would have done it very differently and may not have enjoyed the same result. And that IMO was the context the OP was created in, not a celebration of a brillant move just pointing out that the guy actually does know what he is doing.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I just don't see Terry getting much credit for doing many things correct fivekatz.  With that said Terry has managed very well in our PS and WS appearances.  He knows how to manage but doesn't like to take the initiative, or upset the players.  Instead he chooses the more laid back and "I agree" boring approach which is why I said we need to see more focus and less passiveness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to Give Terry credit today:
    [QUOTE]Terry did a great job today managing the staff.  He took Miller out before things got out of control in favor of Aceves who has been a great addition.  With Bard and Pap to follow, things worked out as they should.  I'm still on Millers side, with Bedard on board the rest of the season we should be fine.  Next season Miller could be right back in the rotation, he has what it takes if he can improve on location.  If Clay can make it back before the PS we have a very deep staff and better bullpen.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]
    Terry here is your credit stop  pitching Aceves & pitch Wheeler before you pitch his arm off like Ram Ram

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m