Give the Marlins what they want for stanton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

Give the Marlins what they want for stanton

The guy is a beast!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Give the Marlins what they want for stanton

Maybe that's how they should start the negotiations. 

Ring ring ring

Mike Redman "Hi Ben, what can I do you for"

Ben Charrington  "Hi Mike, you can have whatever you...NAME YOUR OWN PRICE, just please please give us Stanton"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

That guy is sick. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to az55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

per reading the mlb trade rumors, Marlins stated that they need a 2nd baseman and good starting pitcher.  Red Sox can afford to give them Bett, and a good starting pitcher such as workman.  Maybe they can have middebrook cuz they have been asking about him for a while.

I think Boston could be a perfect trade partner for the Marlins!!   Boston got players that they really need

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

per reading the mlb trade rumors, Marlins stated that they need a 2nd baseman and good starting pitcher.  Red Sox can afford to give them Bett, and a good starting pitcher such as workman.  Maybe they can have middebrook cuz they have been asking about him for a while.

I think Boston could be a perfect trade partner for the Marlins!!   Boston got players that they really need

[/QUOTE]

The thing is Miami's starting rotation is pretty stacked at the top with talent,  They want some high end pitching talent and while we have more pitching depth than anyone in the majors down on the farm we dont' really have any top end pitching talent that would entice them.  They would really like and want Betts, but after that I don't think a trade would be as easy as people think.

Remember, when Stanton becomes available, everyone is going to be in on him.

The Marlins really liked Middlebrooks, but they have a 3B waiting in the wings, they could always move Middlebrooks, and while they might like his power we would definitely be selling low on him.  Something around Betts/WMB/Owens/Devers opens up the door, maybe, that's my guess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The thing is Miami's starting rotation is pretty stacked at the top with talent,  They want some high end pitching talent and while we have more pitching depth than anyone in the majors down on the farm we dont' really have any top end pitching talent that would entice them.  They would really like and want Betts, but after that I don't think a trade would be as easy as people think.

[/QUOTE]

i know marlins is still listening all kind offers from many teams, but boston should start now, and try to make their first move...then if they just nod at Boston like few teams trying to get Felix the King, and Seattle just nodded at everyone!!

but boston should try to make a deal asap before few prospects become a flop like Lar Anderson and Daniel Bard.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

The guy is a beast!

To get Stanton -- Red Sox offer would have to be Buchholz + JBJ + Betts / Owens OR De La Rosa+Webster+Betts & Swihart.

Thats the kind of payment you are going to most likely have to give up to get that pretty Lamborghini. Either 2 roster players plus a prospect or a package of perhaps your best 4 prospects in the system.

To be honest, i'd sell high on Buchholz. Has electric stuff but always has had problems putting it all together for a whole season. His health beyond baseball concerns me as well.

Got to give in order to get. Although this deal leaves a huge defensive hole in center. Just dont see Miami trading Stanton without JBJ going back -- they will move Ozuna to RF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i know marlins is still listening all kind offers from many teams, but boston should start now, and try to make their first move...then if they just nod at Boston like few teams trying to get Felix the King, and Seattle just nodded at everyone!!

but boston should try to make a deal asap before few prospects become a flop like Lar Anderson and Daniel Bard.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you could gurantee me those prospects would flop then I'd give them 100 prospects.  But you can't be certain you are giving them Anderson and Bard, What if you are giving them Lester/Pedroia/Ellsbury.   Remember Miami is well aware that some prospects go bust as well and they have a commodity that will be sought out by many.  Really you are flipping the coin here. 

I'd rather hold onto our chips, the guys who give up for Stanton could be stars, maybe not all of them but even if one is and 2 are average players I don't think it's worth it.  Plus those guys will cost nothing over the next few years and Stanton may be an injury waiting to happen.  I like Stanton, but I'd wait for the price to come down....Besides, Miami has declared time and time and time against that Stanton isn't for sale.

I'd wait for the Winter, the price might be right by then, and we will also know what we have in our farm more than we do now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Can't believe he got shut out in the league finals of the derby. Very happy for Todd Frazier though!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm not sure the Marlins are looking to move Stanton this month, but they certainly have had him on the block a few times already. The leak of the Astros notes showed they approached the Astros and asked for Springer and Correa for Stanton. That shows they were willing to trade him, but also that they want a lot in return.

It's hard to know what they might want right now, but we have a wide variety of good prospects both in terms of various positions, but also some good MLB ready prospects, some close and some far away but shining.

I'd try harder than hard to do what it takes to get him.

I'd start with something like this:

Take any 1 from: Owens, de la Rosa or Ranaudo

Take any 1 from: Barnes or Webster.

Take any 1 from: Betts or JBJ

Take any 1 from: Middy or Cecchini

Then, maybe add...

Take any 1 from: Margot, Devers or Coyle

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sure the Marlins are looking to move Stanton this month, but they certainly have had him on the block a few times already. The leak of the Astros notes showed they approached the Astros and asked for Springer and Correa for Stanton. That shows they were willing to trade him, but also that they want a lot in return.

It's hard to know what they might want right now, but we have a wide variety of good prospects both in terms of various positions, but also some good MLB ready prospects, some close and some far away but shining.

I'd try harder than hard to do what it takes to get him.

I'd start with something like this:

Take any 1 from: Owens, de la Rosa or Ranaudo

Take any 1 from: Barnes or Webster.

Take any 1 from: Betts or JBJ

Take any 1 from: Middy or Cecchini

Then, maybe add...

Take any 1 from: Margot, Devers or Coyle

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the Marlins are aware that they will trade him at some point, but the leaked conversations just proves they are listening. 

I'm looking to move in a couple months and have been looking at places, I know I won't end up in a lot of them if any but I'm trying to get an ideal of what's out there.

The conversations proves that they are listening, as I'm sure any team would listen, my guess is talks like this happen all the time. 

There are probably 100's of emails involving King Felix that were never leaked, but I'm sure the Mariners at least listened to some offers.  But I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that the one thing we do know from the leaks is that the Marlins want a kings ransom for Stanton.

Honestly I'm borderline on if I want to do that or not right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Generally most of the 4 for 1 deals almost always mean the teams offering 4 give up their top 2 or 3 organization prospects....that means boegards and the top 1 or 2 prospects would be heading the other way.Gotta think long and hard if it's worth it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

going by what the marlins asked for from the astros, we would be looking at Betts + Owens and then add in a couple more pieces. Most deals lately for big name players tend to be centred around 2 high end prospects + a couple of b level guys. A stanton deal would likely be the same format. So betts+owens and then one of middlebrooks/doubront + a brentz or hassan type. The things, we have so many high quality prospects at different positions that chances are we could make a deal work. We have betts (2b/RF/CF), Cecchini (3B), Marrero (SS), Swihart (catcher), Vasquez (catcher), Shaw (1B), coyle (2b), margot (OF), and pitchers : ranuado, barnes, owens, webster, johnson and ball. And then non-prospects doubront (sp/rp), de la rosa (sp/rp), workman (sp/rp) and  middlebrooks (3B). No other team can offer what we can. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He hit a HR on I think June 17 or 18th, this year, when I saw it could not believe it. That's when I started calling him a beast too. Its on youtube.
    A actual bullet to rightfield, against the Cubs, took 3 seconds to get out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Marlins are 7.5 gms out by division lead and 2nd wild carp spot.  They are slipping away and in recent losing streak.  I'm sure Stanton will be the hot name in the off-season but the Marlins will try to contend next season with Jose Fernandez coming back from TJ surgery.  They are at least keeping it alive for now but even if the Marlins miss playoff this season, they know they came very close and try to come back with stronger team and contend next season.  IF they are trading Stanton this off-season, they will want young productive ML players or ML ready prospects who are ready to jump into the scene.  

Strong 2nd HF for Buccholz might interest the Marlins.  Relatively controllable payroll for #2 guy who can back up Fernandez.  Betts and WMB will have to go.  Betts and WMB will play 2B and 3B for the Marlins next season.  Marlins need a 1B as well for 2016 or even 2015 if Garrett Jones doesn't perform.  Cecchini could be included for flexibility for WMB and Cecchini in the infield.  Owens has to be included.  

So the Red Sox get Stanton from the Marlins, Marlins get Buccholz, Betts, Middlebrooks, Owen, Cecchini.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In otherwords...make him a stupid good offer if you want Stanton. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

He isn't going anywhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Marlins would laugh if you offered them that package. 

They would only listen if it included the following:

1. Vasquez or Swihart

2. Owens

3. Betts

4. Marrero

If you offered that, they wouldn't hang up the phone immediately.

Betts, Workman and Middlebrooks? HA

Middlebrooks is junk and Workman is 25.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I think they would want a lot of Pitching, that is their weakest area at Triple AAA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you could gurantee me those prospects would flop then I'd give them 100 prospects.  But you can't be certain you are giving them Anderson and Bard, What if you are giving them Lester/Pedroia/Ellsbury.   Remember Miami is well aware that some prospects go bust as well and they have a commodity that will be sought out by many.  Really you are flipping the coin here. 

I'd rather hold onto our chips, the guys who give up for Stanton could be stars, maybe not all of them but even if one is and 2 are average players I don't think it's worth it.  Plus those guys will cost nothing over the next few years and Stanton may be an injury waiting to happen.  I like Stanton, but I'd wait for the price to come down....Besides, Miami has declared time and time and time against that Stanton isn't for sale.

I'd wait for the Winter, the price might be right by then, and we will also know what we have in our farm more than we do now.

[/QUOTE]

If he makes it to FA Hugh,  you can bet he will be wearing "EE" pinstripes. 

We have to make our move before then.  It's a gamble we have to take in giving up our kids before the almighty Yankee dollars can purchase him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I wonder if they would be interested in the "solidifying of the middle infield defense", the "clubhouse presence", the "postseason experience" and the "all around gee whiz, good ole guy that everyone likes" person that is Stephen Drew?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Marlins would laugh if you offered them that package. 

They would only listen if it included the following:

1. Vasquez or Swihart

2. Owens

3. Betts

4. Marrero

If you offered that, they wouldn't hang up the phone immediately.

Betts, Workman and Middlebrooks? HA

Middlebrooks is junk and Workman is 25.

[/QUOTE]

As much as it pains me to say it....I agree.  I think they would ask for another top pitcher in the system (Ranoudo) instead of Marrero though.  If that's the case.....DO IT!!  Throw in another piece if need be. Buch maybe?  I think a package of Betts, Owens, Ranaudo, Swihart and Buchholz  gets it done and it's well worth the price.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If he makes it to FA Hugh,  you can bet he will be wearing "EE" pinstripes. 

We have to make our move before then.  It's a gamble we have to take in giving up our kids before the almighty Yankee dollars can purchase him.

[/QUOTE]

So what, the future of the Red Sox isn't dependent on Stanton.  For all we know his recent rash with injuries over the years turns into missed seasons in his late 20's.  Then where will we be at after putting all our eggs into one basket???

If there is ever a team a franchise "needs" a specific player, then that franchise has problems that likely one player isn't going to solve.  At this point.....I dont' think Stanton is worth the cost, I'd at least wait until the winter meetings. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

That Ownership wont take on Contracts. Take Buchholz out of it, I think you have to add Barnes instead. They might take Buchholz and flip him though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

The guy is a beast!

[/QUOTE]

This beast has walked all of 15 times, this year, while striking out 105 times. He has one more HR than Big Pap1, and is hitting under .300. And you want to give up Betts and Owens? I can't believe it! A 600 ft HR counts exactly as much as a triple and sac fly!

Sections
Shortcuts