Give Theo Credit

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Re: Give Theo Credit

Wrong. Crawford cant be traded, he would have to be written off. September epic collapse is not fogotten just yet. Crawford contract is the money Ellsbury is chasing. Crawford 2012 will not be 2011, nor will 2011 Ellsbury be 2012 Ellsbury. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit : Sorry.I know this thread hurts you the most. I am sure Mike Cameron would be putting up the same numbers as Ellsbury this year...reverse pivot
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit : Sorry.I know this thread hurts you the most. I am sure Mike Cameron would be putting up the same numbers as Ellsbury this year...reverse pivot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

after this year trading crawfish would be like tradeing wakefeild, maybe pennys on a dollar, this guy isnt worth 5 mill a year, i would rather have coco crisp back then this bum, hopefully kalish is ready for 2012, and the hit we take on c.c wont hurt as much

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Give Theo Credit:
    [QUOTE]I know I am just a Theo bootlicker but since so many bash Theo for the moves he makes...how about the move Theo didn't make that so many wanted him to make...the move of trading Ellsbury in the offseason. Theo stood behind him and it is paying off. Keep this in mind as many of you are demanding Theo trade Crawford in the offseason...that won't happen...and once again it will prove to be beneficial to the Red Sox 

After reading the above post I no longer wonder why the more positive fans get roasted here sometimes, utter sillyness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Give Theo Credit : After reading the above post I no longer wonder why the more positive fans get roasted here sometimes, utter sillyness.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Not really. Softone wanted Jake traded. He saw the rib wars as irreputable division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Elles is a terrific asset to the team, its too bad his replacement is half the player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

LesPaul: Why do you think Ellsbury won't be the same kind of player next year? He has put up amazing numbers all year and been consistent. He is the BEST player on the team this year, and probably the AL MVP. While his power numbers may regress a bit, I would think he will be a consistent 20+ HR guy in the future. Signing him to a long term extension should be priority #2 for Theo (Priority #1 being to solidify the starting staff).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

I know I am just a Theo bootlicker but since so many bash Theo for the moves he makes...how about the move Theo didn't make that so many wanted him to make...the move of trading Ellsbury in the offseason. Theo stood behind him and it is paying off. Keep this in mind as many of you are demanding Theo trade Crawford in the offseason...that won't happen...and once again it will prove to be beneficial to the Red Sox 
    Posted by thepeskypole6

yes, you are a theo-bootlicker, or you're actually theo himself.
    and also genius, of course they're not gonna trade CRAWFUL; the only GM stupid enough to take CRAWFUL in a trade is the GM of the team he's already on.
    however, if the CUBS ownership is stupid enough to take THEO, perhaps then the SOX can trade crawful to chicago. hell, maybe even throw in SLACKEY.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If Elles would fine-tune some of his game and remain a proficient basestealer it would be AOK if he only averaged 15 to 20 homers a season. His .obp needs to come up some and he needs to be on base, that is what a lead-off guy does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Jake has among the highest OBP of all lead-off hitters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I know I am just a Theo bootlicker but since so many bash Theo for the moves he makes...how about the move Theo didn't make that so many wanted him to make...the move of trading Ellsbury in the offseason. Theo stood behind him and it is paying off. Keep this in mind as many of you are demanding Theo trade Crawford in the offseason...that won't happen...and once again it will prove to be beneficial to the Red Sox 

with so many decisions he makes he is bound to get some things right. except for agon his acquisitions have been bad in the last few years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

thank him for not signing victor or beltre

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I would think he will be a consistent 20+ HR guy in the future. Signing him to a long term extension should be priority #2 for Theo (Priority #1 being to solidify the starting staff).

Red Sox need a young star RH OF slugger. Extending Ellsbury at Crawbust rates will be impossible if not the ultimate in stupidity. I suggest you take a close look at Crawford in 2010 before deciding that Ellsbury needs to be signed beyond FA. Take a look at career averages, something Epstein doesn't seem to understand.

Not many MLB players consistently average 20+ homers for a career, much less 3 or 4 years.

MLBPA will also soon be forced to test for HGH. This will expose a number of one or contract year seeking one or two year power number players. But regardless, even if Ellsbury were to average 20 plus homers over the next 7 years, he most certainly is not the long term solution to a team that has the ball and chain Crawford contract in the same kind of player skillset.

If Red Sox ownership has any sense, they won't allow Epstein to make any decisions on Ellsbury post FA years contract. Epstein should be fired, regardless of how post season ends up.

As for solidifying the starting pitching, that is not going to happen under current management. The Red Sox will need to get new management to identify good value trade and FA lower rotation members and invest more time in developming young farm talent instead of a second Tim Wakefield ceremonial tour, something current management is not able to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gosfather. Show Gosfather's posts

I'd be more than happy to give Theo credit ..................

...............  right after he submits his resignation, which I will expect on my desk by noon tomorrow.

$300MM+ for Lackluster, Nancy Drew, and Cindy Crawford!!!  MERCY!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

If he signed VMart, VMart would be catching with Salty or better defensive catcher one year contractas the backup.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Dice K, JD Drew, Lackey, crawford extended Beckett lol lets give theo credit I hope he takes the cubs job and the sox hire the rays front office and joe madden. Imagine what the rays front office could do with the truck load of money theo and his cronnies have to work with. Francoma needs to go man would I love a manager like Joe Madden or a firey guy like ozzie. Not a no command no fire guy who can't manage a lick because he is scared to hurt millionare babies feelings.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gosfather. Show Gosfather's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit : GM's with multiple titles in the last ten years: Theo Epstein and............... ......................................................................................................................................................................................

Courageous of you to stand behind your man in the face of adversity Mrs. Epstein.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit : So if he signed Victor and Beltre where would AGON play? Oh wait...let me guess...you were the one who said you didnt want AGON? uh huh
    i am sure that i never said that about agon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Theo is an idiot, what he has done has brought the prestige of Yale down with him. Yale the home of Gerald Ford etc etc etc. the pillar of the American Dream, they should disown Epstein, he is an idiot. Signing Lackey, the big ball Park fly ball pitcher from the mild mild west, and KKrawford for $142 million , for seven years, nobody but Epstein signs players for seven years. 

This great franchise, of Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Carl Yastremski, Bobby Doerr, Pedro, Manny, Schilling, Evans, Lynn, Boggs, Big Papi, Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury, great players all , who have given their best for the franchise.  The Sox are all buy gone, demotivated by the over blown, over paid, players that Theo has signed. he should be fired, he is a joke.

Sections
Shortcuts