Give Theo Credit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

Re: Give Theo Credit

Theo spoke in management platitudes about "opportunity," yet at the trading deadline he had an "opportunity" to get Ubaldo Jiminez...but wait - in addition to Bedard we got Conor Jackson!  What a difference-maker he's been!

Why has Darnell McDonald remained on this roster?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit:
    [QUOTE]Theo is an idiot, what he has done has brought the prestige of Yale down with him. Yale the home of Gerald Ford etc etc etc. the pillar of the American Dream, they should disown Epstein, he is an idiot. Signing Lackey, the big ball Park fly ball pitcher from the mild mild west, and KKrawford for $142 million , for seven years, nobody but Epstein signs players for seven years.   This great franchise, of Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Carl Yastremski, Bobby Doerr, Pedro, Manny, Schilling, Evans, Lynn, Boggs, Big Papi, Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury, great players all , who have given their best for the franchise.  The Sox are all buy gone, demotivated by the over blown, over paid, players that Theo has signed. he should be fired, he is a joke.
    Posted by aussiewill[/QUOTE]

Nothing to be proud of. Ford tripped over his own footsteps becoming Nixon's stooge. Payback was when he pardoned the criminal. Great reflection on Yale...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]Theo spoke in management platitudes about "opportunity," yet at the trading deadline he had an "opportunity" to get Ubaldo Jiminez...but wait - in addition to Bedard we got Conor Jackson!  What a difference-maker he's been! Why has Darnell McDonald remained on this roster?
    Posted by walterjohnson07[/QUOTE]

Some stat on theo's computer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Nothing to be proud of. Ford tripped over his own footsteps becoming Nixon's stooge. Payback was when he pardoned the criminal. Great reflection on Yale...

Obama is an admitted criminal offender.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

[QUOTE]Theo spoke in management platitudes about "opportunity," yet at the trading deadline he had an "opportunity" to get Ubaldo Jiminez...but wait - in addition to Bedard we got Conor Jackson!  What a difference-maker he's been! Why has Darnell McDonald remained on this roster?
    Posted by walterjohnson07[/QUOTE]

irish names sell more product. are gag me and lay me and hogan's heroes still airing up there?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Hey Pesky pole, Theo's best bu far signing has been Ortiz, you probaly conveniently forget, that Theo also signed Jeremy Giambi, who was given a chance to be the Red Sox DH . He wasn't too good so they went to Ortiz, who blossomed. It wasn't rocket science, it was luck. Theo has run out of one commodity, luck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumberFour. Show NumberFour's posts

Don't give Theo credit. He signed Lackey, an irresponsible miscreant!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

F YOU THEO. BIGGEST CHOKE OF ALL TIME. GET OUT OF BOSTON

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

Crawford and Lackey.  Lets give Crawford credit, at least he knows how bad he was.  Lackey has no clue.  Lackey is simply an ugly person. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

peskypole your pesky optimism and sugar-coating really is unwelcome here - please refrain from any more "rah-rah" bologna until Spring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

I give him Credit for the past Championships, however some of the moves made lately have made him look terrible. Lackey was a innings eater who did well against the Yankees before he got to Boston.  Looked like a good move at the time. Crawford had killed us and was a consistant rbi producer, base stealer, and also did very well against the yankees before he got here. Also looked like a good signing. Resigning Beckett was also a priority and is still a good move. The guy had a decent year, and helped carry this team for months. Noone is talking about how Lester has collapsed. Bard went from a stud to a dud at the end of the year. Losing Clay and Youk  certainly hasn't helped.  Noone talks about how the scutaro signing has helped when lowrie fell on his face. Theo has made moves that should've helped this team but they haven't all panned out. Dice K being out has hurt this team as well. I'm not saying Theo isn't to blame for not getting a solid starter when Clay went down as Bedard has been a bust. But the moves he made should've panned out better than they have. You can't blame Theo for the collapse but you can blame Tito. Another thing to think about is how tough it is to play for a big market team like Boston where us fans put a ton of pressure on these guys to perform above expectations. Injuries have really hurt this year and wore down our pitching staff alot. I for one will be glad if they don't make the playoffs, because I don't want to see a 1 and done anyways.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]I give him Credit for the past Championships, however some of the moves made lately have made him look terrible. You can't blame Theo for the collapse but you can blame Tito. Another thing to think about is how tough it is to play for a big market team like Boston where us fans put a ton of pressure on these guys to perform above expectations. Injuries have really hurt this year and wore down our pitching staff alot. I for one will be glad if they don't make the playoffs, because I don't want to see a 1 and done anyways.
    Posted by LegendofBoston[/QUOTE]

Sorry to have taken a few of your comments out of your orginal post but these are the ones that I would like to address.

You give Theo credit for our two WS wins in 2004/2007 yet you say it's Francona's fault that the team has fallen apart this year.   You say we fans place too much pressure on the players to preform ABOVE expectations.  Then you say injuries wore down our pitching staff.

Is it Francona's fault that these multi million dollar signings the last few years haven't played anywahere near their orginal expectations, let alone ABOVE them??  Were they suddenly going to become supermen just because they were over paid?

Was it Francona's fault that basically the same starting pitiching staff that didn't deliver last year, was what he was given to work with this year, and we all expected them to suddenly be the best starting pitiching staff in the AL? IMO I think it's now clear we all expected them to pitch ABOVE realistic expectations

Was it Francona's fault that then 1/2 that staff broke down not even half way throught he season all he got from Theo for help, was someone else who broke down? 

I can blame Francona for some really questionable moves all season during the games but since we really don't know all the reasons why he made some of them I have to assume there was even more wrong then we knew. 

No doubt Francona will take the blame, and for me maybe that is OK because I do believe he rightfully should share some of it, but if Theo stays I don't care who we get for a new manager I am certain the results will not change.  

Theo has made a mess of things that we will be living with for years, long after Francona is gone.  It's going to take someone who knows what he is doing when he spends all those millions to long term contracts not just a new manager.  We don't need a GM who can preform ABOVE expectations, just at them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit : I know it is and it always will be. It is a forum with miserable entitled posters who think they know more baseball than the people who run the Red Sox...but I am the irrational one. I get it
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]
    this is about what have you done for me lately. stop ranting. the past is gone. theo has made a dozen bad moves in 3 years. he is accountable.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit : "what have you done for me lately"=the creed of the pink hat...entitlement issues...it is not easy to win it all....it is so hard that this awful run franchise is the only one with 2 rings in the past ten years...but that's not good enough. You think Tito and Francona should be 7 for 7 in titles. You stop ranting  

this thread is not about winning champioships each year. it is about theo and opinions regarding blame for the team's performance. nothing more. not for me anyway.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Give Theo Credit : Nobody had a problem with this team in March. On paper they were being called the best team since 1927. Isn't the job of the GM to build a talented team? Didn't the majority of the media and the fans predict great things from this team based on the talent that was put together? Now that they have underperformed the blame is on Theo? How does that make sense? I could see if you saw this coming in March and said this team has flaws and Theo is to blame...I dont think you did though

more and more, the media says things just to stir the pot. you know the saying about not believing what you read in the newspapers. in the entertainment business, it is moreso. didn't you think it unwise to ignore the phils? i did think that these predictions were foolish with the sox because 3 of the 4 starting infielders were coming off serious surgery. and i never bought that the pitching staff was the best in the division (people have talked for 2 years about TB's staff). crawford was a ? though i had no reason to think he would be this bad. and i didn't get vmart and beltre being let go. but, if all things went well and no one underperformed, i thought they would do well. but there are a lot of teams that would do well if no one underperformed. so there you have it. i have a feeling, the sox still make the playoffs. yanks management layed down one game for the sox and one game for TB. i expect girardi to play it like it mattered for the next two games.