Gloom and doom? Why when you look at the numbers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyLegend. Show DeweyLegend's posts

Gloom and doom? Why when you look at the numbers

I see last years Red Sox team that went 7-20 in Sept. and they still won 90 games.  Now to the concerns for this year ..the number 4 and 5 starter??????

38% of the games started last season or 63 games were by Wakefield / Lackey/ Miller for an ERA in the 5.65 range.  Who cares who pitches it will be better than that ... it will be that is plain and simple.

The bullpen will be about the same maybe a bit lower but we can't say that now especially with Bard having those struggles.  

Ellsbury will not have the same year but he will be great.
    Pedroia - status quo 
    Gonzalez - average will not be as high but his power will be greater 
    Youk - if he is healthy will be on pace for last year 
    Crawford - we all expect a big bump here 
    Ortiz - a slight decline can be expected 
    Salty / Shoppach - I think we can see increased offense 
    Scutaro - about the same 
    RF - production can't worse than last year ...can it? 

I see a better offensive and defensive team because of Sweeney and Crawford who will improve .. Shoppach helps too 

The Rays we say it every year they can't do it again but at some point they will have an injury or the cheap bats won't produce .. they are just going to be around. 

The Yankees are good yes but am I scared of Arod Jeter Tex ?  Hardly 

It is not as bad as we think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Gloom and doom? Why when you look at the numbers

How do you manage to hang around and always have 14 posts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

The Sox did have 90 wins, and certainly would have made the playoffs without the September fall, but the gloom about 2012 is more about the Rays , Yankees, and Blue Jays all becoming a little stronger this off season. I for one, am confident in a great season, just saying that's what I think is the reason others are not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

DeweyLegend's page 
    User Image
    This member hasn't added any personal information yet..

Add DeweyLegend as a friend and you'll see when DeweyLegend adds some details.

ALL RECENT ACTIVITY
    DeweyLegend has not posted any comments on the site, or chose to hide them. Check again some time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What is there to hide? Why be on a public forum and hide comments you made public? Are you a politician?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyLegend. Show DeweyLegend's posts

I have no idea what the settings are ... but I remember you as an idiot from the Hanley Ramiriez trade forum ... you were the one with the egg on your face 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyLegend. Show DeweyLegend's posts

I look at the team and see guys in Crawford and Gonzalez who won't have to adjust as much because they were here.  Lester Beckett Buchh motivated by the negative press.  
    I see the division as three teams all with flaws but very close.  I want Oswalt or whoever we can get but what if everybody is bunched up in July and then we can't make a trade?  But then again if we are 10 out in July will it matter?  Tough call to make but I don't think this team is not prepared to finish 1st as is and it would not surpise me if they finish 3rd but the Yankees and Rays can say the same thing. This is a close bunch the chemistry and tweaks to the roster through the season will make it or break it.  And in the Sox case health, health played a large role Dice going down, Jenks , Drew , Kalish , Youk , Buchh, Crawford a month , Lester the lat , and so on.  We had many guys out for periods so hope for health and I think we are ok and yes we can improve but just tossing money at it may not be the response. 
    Let's see where we are June and then make moves somebody out of Tazawa Felix Miller Cook Silva may catch lightning for 10 starts and Ben looks brilliant. 

How excited were you for Jeremy Giambi and that Ortiz guy back then and look what happened ... you never know 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Gloom and doom? Why when you look at the numbers:
    What is there to hide? Why be on a public forum and hide comments you made public? Are you a politician?
    Posted by BurritoT

If you look at the comments page of certain posters; you can surmise / predict what they are going to say before even reading their posts. It should be required reading before responding in many instances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Burrito is on a search and destroy mission of late. Apparently every comment anyone makes is either personally attacking him or he simply attacks. Who cares what DeweyLegend's hiding or not hiding. It's a freaking public forum. You have a right to make an azz of yourself and disrespect great contributors like Tek and Wakefield, and he has a right to make a glass half-full statement. Lighten up, Francis.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Just doing my best Utica impression. 

Dewey I have zero egg on my face from any Hanley thread. I do not want him, did not think Miami would trade him, and I believe he will play thirdbase. How does that put egg on ones face?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyLegend. Show DeweyLegend's posts

You came spouting it was invalid he will not ask for trade and be fine then hours later all the reports broke. You attacked had no basis for it and blew up on you.  I could care less what you say you are just some blow hard ..who claims he worked for the Sox in 99 ..blah blah blah did not last too long for you did it? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Gloom and doom? Why when you look at the numbers:
    I see last years Red Sox team that went 7-20 in Sept. and they still won 90 games.  Now to the concerns for this year ..the number 4 and 5 starter?????? 38% of the games started last season or 63 games were by Wakefield / Lackey/ Miller for an ERA in the 5.65 range.  Who cares who pitches it will be better than that ... it will be that is plain and simple. The bullpen will be about the same maybe a bit lower but we can't say that now especially with Bard having those struggles.   Ellsbury will not have the same year but he will be great. Pedroia - status quo  Gonzalez - average will not be as high but his power will be greater  Youk - if he is healthy will be on pace for last year  Crawford - we all expect a big bump here  Ortiz - a slight decline can be expected  Salty / Shoppach - I think we can see increased offense  Scutaro - about the same  RF - production can't worse than last year ...can it?  I see a better offensive and defensive team because of Sweeney and Crawford who will improve .. Shoppach helps too  The Rays we say it every year they can't do it again but at some point they will have an injury or the cheap bats won't produce .. they are just going to be around.  The Yankees are good yes but am I scared of Arod Jeter Tex ?  Hardly  It is not as bad as we think.
    Posted by DeweyLegend

This optimism about the Sox will have to go, we only allow gloom and doom about all things Red Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Hanley Ramirez once traded away was never coming back here. How many players have ever been brought back after being traded away?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It all depends on your outlook in life.

For most of the season, we were the best team in BB, with Buchholz hurt, and a very bad Lackey, and Dice out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

True Mr. Breidy.  It is a shame that venting can't be done in private behind closed doors. We were all upset with what happened last September. Why let it linger and pollute your mind. Take a mental laxative and flush it out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

True Mr. Breidy.  It is a shame that venting can't be done in private behind closed doors. We were all upset with what happened last September. Why let it linger and pollute your mind. Take a mental laxative and flush it out.
    Posted by LadyLake

I was probably less bothered because with Beckett and lester pitching badly, and buchholz out, I thought our chances of winning in the playoffs were almost zilch.  Had they been pitching like they did in August, we'd have a shot against anyone.  But with our best September starter being Wakefield, I was resigned to a bad ending even before it prematurely ended.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hanley Ramirez once traded away was never coming back here. How many players have ever been brought back after being traded away?
    Posted by LadyLake

George Scott
    Ellis Burkes
    Doug Mirabelli

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Numbers ?     The heavily relied on Carmine has numbers but no human feeling.

2008-2011 has become optimism's cemetary.    Only delusionals expect the Sox to be champions every year but bad decisions have become a theme song.

Sections
Shortcuts