Go get Sabathia!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeNeedaManager. Show WeNeedaManager's posts

Go get Sabathia!

Unload all the over-priced dead wood free-agents - including finding a cheap DH (sorry Papi) and go get CC Sabathia.  That will leave Yankees scrambling to sign a sub-par alternative.  Beckett, Lester, C.C. and Bucholtz will be solid.  Crawford will rebound, Bard can close games.  Reddick will be fine, Scutaro and Lowrie - fine.  Basically looking at 1 signing to change the entire dynamic of the A.L. East!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Re: Go get Sabathia!

Sabatthia is not a good playoff performer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeNeedaManager. Show WeNeedaManager's posts

In Response to Re: Go get Sabathia!:
    [QUOTE]Sabatthia is not a good playoff performer.
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]
    Sabathia is 7-4 overall. 5-1 with the Yankees

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

In Response to Go get Sabathia!:
    [QUOTE]Unload all the over-priced dead wood free-agents - including finding a cheap DH (sorry Papi) and go get CC Sabathia.  That will leave Yankees scrambling to sign a sub-par alternative.  Beckett, Lester, C.C. and Bucholtz will be solid.  Crawford will rebound, Bard can close games.  Reddick will be fine, Scutaro and Lowrie - fine.  Basically looking at 1 signing to change the entire dynamic of the A.L. East!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

I like how you think Reddick will be fine, Scutaro will be fine (which is prob true), but Lowrie.....come on...Lowrie has proved himself to be an oft injured utility man....CC is a great pitcher, but he is high priced 31 yr old and with his body type he is more likely to break down...they already have enough fat, aging SP. They need to try to unload the ones they already have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Forget him, get Phil Hughes!!  

If Boston is smart, they can just sign Edwin Jackson and Phil Hughes who both will not ask for more than 10 millions dollars a year, and then we can see Lester, Beckett, Jackson, Bucholtz and Hughes in the rotation.  For Lackey, he is more likely to be trade for another bad contract.  But who?  If Zambaro come to Boston, that will make six man rotation.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Forget him, get Phil Hughes!!   If Boston is smart, they can just sign Edwin Jackson and Phil Hughes who both will not ask for more than 10 millions dollars a year, and then we can see Lester, Beckett, Jackson and Hughes in the rotation.  For the 5th spot, it still belong to Lackey.  But more likely he will be trade for another bad contract pitcher.  Zambaro?  
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda[/QUOTE]

What about Clay Buchholz?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeNeedaManager. Show WeNeedaManager's posts

[QUOTE]Forget him, get Phil Hughes!!   If Boston is smart, they can just sign Edwin Jackson and Phil Hughes who both will not ask for more than 10 millions dollars a year, and then we can see Lester, Beckett, Jackson and Hughes in the rotation.  For the 5th spot, it still belong to Lackey.  But more likely he will be trade for another bad contract pitcher.  Zambaro?  
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda[/QUOTE]
    I love the Phil Hughes idea.  You're 100% right.  Forget fat C.C.  If only Theo got Fister at the trade deadline instead of injury prone Bedard...well would coulda shoulda

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go get Sabathia! : I love the Phil Hughes idea.  You're 100% right.  Forget fat C.C.  If only Theo got Fister at the trade deadline instead of injury prone Bedard...well would coulda shoulda
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Bedard was def a waste of space. I think hughes is still Arb elligible, and no one in their right mind pays him 10 million. Ediwn Jackson could be a decent pick up, but he is by no means a consistant SP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeNeedaManager. Show WeNeedaManager's posts

[QUOTE] I like how you think Reddick will be fine
    Posted by gbman87603[/QUOTE]
    Reddick .280 - 7 HR in 80 games is fine...considering JD hit .222 and 4 HR in 80 games and made like 14 million dollars more than Reddick. I'm okay with Reddick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go get Sabathia! : Reddick .280 - 7 HR in 80 games is fine...considering JD hit .222 and 4 HR in 80 games and made like 14 million dollars more than Reddick. I'm okay with Reddick.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Problem is he doesnt hit lefties and is sub-par defensively in RF......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go get Sabathia! : I love the Phil Hughes idea.  You're 100% right.  Forget fat C.C.  If only Theo got Fister at the trade deadline instead of injury prone Bedard...well would coulda shoulda
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Hughes will be wearing pinstripes for the foreseeable future and they tried to get Fister but couldn't match the Tigers offer...oh by the way it's not likethe guy dominated...He got lit up in game two and pitched only 5 innings yesterday and walked a tight rope the entire time...good performance no doubt...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go get Sabathia! : Pretty sure Hughes will be wearing pinstripes for the foreseeable future and they tried to get Fister but couldn't match the Tigers offer...oh by the way it's not likethe guy dominated...He got lit up in game two and pitched only 5 innings yesterday and walked a tight rope the entire time...good performance no doubt...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

BUT his team is in the playoffs....and he had an ERA of 1.80 down the stretch for the Tigers...think the sox could have used that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Would the Dodgers trade Clayton Kershaw?  I mentioned this in June but that before he caught fire.....There is also Jonathan Sanchez who I think could be had....CJ Wilson is a FA....

CC was a great signing for the yankees - perhaps their best free agent signing since Reggie but I think whoever gets him next is may very-well regret it (6/150).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]Would the Dodgers trade Clayton Kershaw?  I mentioned this in June but that before he caught fire.....There is also Jonathan Sanchez who I think could be had....CJ Wilson is a FA.... CC was a great signing for the yankees - perhaps their best free agent signing since Reggie but I think whoever gets him next is may very-well regret it (6/150).
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Kershaw? Absolutely not. He should win the Cy this year, and has been VERY good for 3-4 years now and is only 23, no chance. The Yanks will re-sign CC, great pitcher but there is some risk there and a lot of money. CJ Wilson is the best FA available so he will get over paid like Lackey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think that Sabathia's lack of conditioning is starting to catch up with him, much the same as Beckett.  He is obviously out of shape.  His performance dropped off toward the end of the year.  I would be very hesitant to give him a huge long term contract. You have to learn your lesson at some point or you will be doomed to repeat your mistakes again and again.  The Sox have too many overweight and out of shape pitchers as it is. And too many bad contracts. Don't add another.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go get Sabathia! : Problem is he doesnt hit lefties and is sub-par defensively in RF......
    Posted by gbman87603[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about Reddick.  He definitely isn't a very good defensive fielder.  Kalish is better, and should replace Reddick if the Red Sox don't sign anyone else for RF. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

No thanks on Sabathia - whoever he plays for next will overpay and likely regret it. I wonder how many pitches he has thrown since the trade to Milwaukee up to present day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go get Sabathia! : What about Clay Buchholz?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    oops!!  I will edit my post!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdogwc. Show kdogwc's posts

If it were only that easy! Here is hoping Lars Anderson, Ryan Kahlish and a somebody else can pry King Felix from Seattle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lars Anderson - they would not be interested in

Ryan Kalish, Jose Iglessiasa, Ryan Lavarnway, Felix Doubrant, and Daniel Bard - and even then they Seattle GM may insist on Ellsbury

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

[QUOTE]If it were only that easy! Here is hoping Lars Anderson, Ryan Kahlish and a somebody else can pry King Felix from Seattle.
    Posted by kdogwc[/QUOTE]

Why we all want to keep seeing the Boston's farm system keep thinning out talents cuz Boston have made too many trades in the past three plus years and then this one!!  It aidnt happening!!

Look at all playoff teams.  They all have deep farm system mixing up with veterans.   That is why the Yankees arent biting on any more trades in past two plus something years cuz they are trying to rebuild their farm system now.  Now look at them, they brought up Neunz, Nova, Mentero as well they brought up Hughes, Robertoson, Joba, etc in the past many years.  I just think that Yankees's farm system is beginning to get better than Boston.  That was why the Yankees are able to stay strong from beginning to the end of the season cuz they mixed up vets with minor leaguers to finish out the season strong.  Boston were unable to do that cuz they got no one in the farm system to call up except they called up Weiland/Reddick.

I can foresee that Boston isnt biting any more big blockbuster trade within the next three years.  It is more likely a veteran player swap for another veteran player such as Lackey for someone, Youkilis for someone, etc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'd love to have C.C., but can anybody remember the last time the Sox outbid the Yankees when the Yankees didn't want them to?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Who wouldn't want CC in your lineup... RS have enough money and willingness to bring him over.  But the problem is "WILL YANKEES LET HIM LEAVE??? ESPECIALLY TO THE SOX?????" 0% CC will come to Sox.. and plus, CC loves NY.  If Sox' offer is not significantly better than Yanks', CC will stay in NY. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Who wouldn't want CC in your lineup... RS have enough money and willingness to bring him over.  But the problem is "WILL YANKEES LET HIM LEAVE??? ESPECIALLY TO THE SOX?????" 0% CC will come to Sox.. and plus, CC loves NY.  If Sox' offer is not significantly better than Yanks', CC will stay in NY. 
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

CC is one of my favorite MLB pitchers, but if he leaves NY, he wouldn't sign with the Red Sox.  It would never happen.  The only reason that he would leave NY is for a change of scenery.  Maybe sign with a team on the West coast.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

No chance! Run the price up by a bluff. He will either return to the Yankees, likely, or head to the Left Coast. 

Sections
Shortcuts