Go O's! ....err I mean Go Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Go O's! ....err I mean Go Red Sox

I'm going to the game at Camden Yards this afternoon. Hard to root against the sox, but you have to do what you have to do.

If the sox lose today and take one or two from the yanks, the O's should win the division. If the O's and yanks end up tied for the division, the O's should get it. They are tied 9 - 9 in their season series, and the O's have won 4 more games in their division, so all they need is one more win to clinch that advantage.

If the yanks have to settle for a wildcard, they will have to face that winner take all wildcard game.

Sorry if this seems like sour grapes to some, but rooting against the yanks goes hand in hand with rooting for the sox, to me. It's the way I'm wired.

It's been a lousy season and you have to take your pleasures where you can.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Re: Go O's! ....err I mean Go Red Sox

I just posted in another thread that if there is a tie for the division, there will be a one game tiebreaker.  It is not determined by the tiebreaker system as it has been in the past.

With that said, I am still rooting for the Red Sox to win their remaining games, even the one today against the Os.  Of course, I will also root for the Yankees to lose their remaining games.

That said, I wasn't too heartbroken when the Sox last night.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I must also give the Os some credit.

I have posted many times about how lucky they were the first half of the season, and I still stand by that.  They were playing some bad baseball and were fortunate to win so many one run and extra inning games.

Having said that, they have played very good baseball for about 2 months.  They have improved offensively and defensively, and they are now playing like a playoff caliber team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just posted in another thread that if there is a tie for the division, there will be a one game tiebreaker.  It is not determined by the tiebreaker system as it has been in the past.

With that said, I am still rooting for the Red Sox to win their remaining games, even the one today against the Os.  Of course, I will also root for the Yankees to lose their remaining games.

That said, I wasn't too heartbroken when the Sox last night.

[/QUOTE]

Same here, kimmie. When the Sox tied the game, my initial reaction was as it's always been, then thought.... oh, wait. Old habits die hard, and I will still root for them to win. Every team for themselves and should determine their own fate, but if we can help, why not?;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to MikeNagy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to the game at Camden Yards this afternoon. Hard to root against the sox, but you have to do what you have to do.

If the sox lose today and take one or two from the yanks, the O's should win the division. If the O's and yanks end up tied for the division, the O's should get it. They are tied 9 - 9 in their season series, and the O's have won 4 more games in their division, so all they need is one more win to clinch that advantage.

If the yanks have to settle for a wildcard, they will have to face that winner take all wildcard game.

Sorry if this seems like sour grapes to some, but rooting against the yanks goes hand in hand with rooting for the sox, to me. It's the way I'm wired.

[/QUOTE]

Think there's a lot and a little, of that going on, Mike. Ran into a friends wife yesterday. I asked her if her husband, a die hard Sox fan, was as upset about the season as I was. She said can you believe he was rooting for the Orioles last night so the Yankees don't win??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Good to see Camden Yards a sea of Orange, again. For the last decade, its been Fenway and Yankee south. Baseballs back in Baltimore. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

O's fans have suffered mightily...nothing wrong with rooting for them...it's not like the Sox are fighting for a playoff spot.....plus it's all about beating the Yanks anyways

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Same here, kimmie. When the Sox tied the game, my initial reaction was as it's always been, then thought.... oh, wait. Old habits die hard, and I will still root for them to win. Every team for themselves and should determine their own fate, but if we can help, why not?;)

While losing to the Os does have the benefit of making the Yankees sweat a little bit, what I would really like to see is the Red Sox win their last 3 games against the Yankees.

If we're going to have a hand in keeping the Yankees from winning the division, it would be so much more satisfying doing it by beating them, rather than by losing to the Os.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are not a Sox fan. Tell yourself what you must, but you are not a true Sox fan.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, A yankee fan telling me I'm not a sox fan, Priceless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

O's fans have suffered mightily...nothing wrong with rooting for them

Personally, I don't like the Os.  I am not going to root for them to beat my beloved Red Sox, no matter what the potential benefits.  The only solace there is in the Os winning is that they are not as disliked as the Yankees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

While losing to the Os does have the benefit of making the Yankees sweat a little bit, what I would really like to see is the Red Sox win their last 3 games against the Yankees.

If we're going to have a hand in keeping the Yankees from winning the division, it would be so much more satisfying doing it by beating them, rather than by losing to the Os.

[/QUOTE]

Sox have to win one (or three) eventually, who better than against the Yanks? Save the best for last. Ells is back and think BV will put the best lineup on the field the rest of the way. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Although I dont want to see the Sox lose, i find myself not upest when they do. I guess I try and look at the upside...The Yanks possibly not getting in or settling for the WC and going on the tougher road to the WS and we get a better draft slot....To win the final 3 games of the season would be a true blessing in the miserable year it has been...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I hope the Sox really put forth a genuine effort with both, & let the chips fall where they may.  Ultimately, I do hope the O's win the division outright, but it would be spoiled if the Sox lay down for them.  It would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth, as that is not who we are!!!  I'm not big on Karma, but as a Sox fan I get very superstitious.  Call it what you will, but with out luck, I'm sure it would come back to bite us in the arss.

So....  PLAY HARD, & let both teams EARN the division.  What a sad state of affairs when we are reduced to being spoilers as spoiled brats.  :(

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

O's fans have suffered mightily...nothing wrong with rooting for them

Personally, I don't like the Os.  I am not going to root for them to beat my beloved Red Sox, no matter what the potential benefits.  The only solace there is in the Os winning is that they are not as disliked as the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

Gi9ven what happened between the O's & RS last yr; this is on the mark.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope the Sox really put forth a genuine effort with both, & let the chips fall where they may.  Ultimately, I do hope the O's win the division outright, but it would be spoiled if the Sox lay down for them.  It would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth, as that is not who we are!!!  I'm not big on Karma, but as a Sox fan I get very superstitious.  Call it what you will, but with out luck, I'm sure it would come back to bite us in the arss.

So....  PLAY HARD, & let both teams EARN the division.  What a sad state of affairs when we are reduced to being spoilers as spoiled brats.  :(

[/QUOTE]

It appears to me they're trying to win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are not a Sox fan. Tell yourself what you must, but you are not a true Sox fan.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, A yankee fan telling me I'm not a sox fan, Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

You have always been genuine (& objective); MN.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's mighty nice of them. Most of them are trying to stay on the roster next year, and most of them don't care who does win- they're from all over the world and don't have emotions like fans do. besides, you lay down your career is over.

[/QUOTE]

Mighty nice of them? Do you honestly believe Girardi and the NYY were trying to win the last game of last season, against the Rays. I remember distinctivly, the smile on Girardi's face when Longoria hit the HR to take the lead. Do I think he was trying to lose, no but wasnt going all out to win either. cuts both ways. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's mighty nice of them. Most of them are trying to stay on the roster next year, and most of them don't care who does win- they're from all over the world and don't have emotions like fans do. besides, you lay down your career is over.

[/QUOTE]

Mighty nice of them? Do you honestly believe Girardi and the NYY were trying to win the last game of last season, against the Rays. I remember distinctivly, the smile on Girardi's face when Longoria hit the HR to take the lead. Do I think he was trying to lose, no but wasnt going all out to win either. cuts both ways. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I don't like it either way.  I like the idea of being a spoiler, but only if the effort is put out both ways.  I love the idea of being a spoiler by beating someone, not laying down, AS THE YANKEES DID!  We all know they did, & they definitely deserve to have it go the other way.  I still say, battle hard with both, & make both earn it!  I hope we're not like the Yankees!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That much we agree on. The Sox need to go into Yankee Stadium and beat the snot out of the Yankees, draft position be damned. That would give Sox fans something pleasant to hold on to during the long offseason.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

BOS: C. Buchholz (11-7, 4.22)
    NYY: C. Sabathia (14-6, 3.42)

BOS: J. Lester (9-14, 4.94)
    NYY: I. Nova (12-8, 5.02)

BOS: A. Cook (4-11, 5.65)
    NYY: H. Kuroda (15-11, 3.34)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good to see Camden Yards a sea of Orange, again. For the last decade, its been Fenway and Yankee south. Baseballs back in Baltimore. 

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you.  It is always good to see someone else have a winning season.  At least they have a lot of baseball fans in Baltimore, unlike Tampa Bay who doesn't have many fans despite their success. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts