1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Go O's! ....err I mean Go Red Sox

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I hope the Sox really put forth a genuine effort with both, & let the chips fall where they may.  Ultimately, I do hope the O's win the division outright, but it would be spoiled if the Sox lay down for them.  It would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth, as that is not who we are!!!  I'm not big on Karma, but as a Sox fan I get very superstitious.  Call it what you will, but with out luck, I'm sure it would come back to bite us in the arss.

So....  PLAY HARD, & let both teams EARN the division.  What a sad state of affairs when we are reduced to being spoilers as spoiled brats.  :(

It appears to me they're trying to win.

That's mighty nice of them. Most of them are trying to stay on the roster next year, and most of them don't care who does win- they're from all over the world and don't have emotions like fans do. besides, you lay down your career is over.

Mighty nice of them? Do you honestly believe Girardi and the NYY were trying to win the last game of last season, against the Rays. I remember distinctivly, the smile on Girardi's face when Longoria hit the HR to take the lead. Do I think he was trying to lose, no but wasnt going all out to win either. cuts both ways. 

I agree, but I don't like it either way.  I like the idea of being a spoiler, but only if the effort is put out both ways.  I love the idea of being a spoiler by beating someone, not laying down, AS THE YANKEES DID!  We all know they did, & they definitely deserve to have it go the other way.  I still say, battle hard with both, & make both earn it!  I hope we're not like the Yankees!

So Longoria hitting a home run meant the Yanks "layed down?" 

Spare us. Are you rooting for your favorite team to lose today , too?

Nope. Girardi fielded the weakest  team he could,  the entire last series of the season, knowing if Tampa won, it would help keep Boston out of the playoffs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I hope the Sox really put forth a genuine effort with both, & let the chips fall where they may.  Ultimately, I do hope the O's win the division outright, but it would be spoiled if the Sox lay down for them.  It would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth, as that is not who we are!!!  I'm not big on Karma, but as a Sox fan I get very superstitious.  Call it what you will, but with out luck, I'm sure it would come back to bite us in the arss.

So....  PLAY HARD, & let both teams EARN the division.  What a sad state of affairs when we are reduced to being spoilers as spoiled brats.  :(

That's mighty nice of them. Most of them are trying to stay on the roster next year, and most of them don't care who does win- they're from all over the world and don't have emotions like fans do. besides, you lay down your career is over.

Mighty nice of them? Do you honestly believe Girardi and the NYY were trying to win the last game of last season, against the Rays. I remember distinctivly, the smile on Girardi's face when Longoria hit the HR to take the lead. Do I think he was trying to lose, no but wasnt going all out to win either. cuts both ways. 

I agree, but I don't like it either way.  I like the idea of being a spoiler, but only if the effort is put out both ways.  I love the idea of being a spoiler by beating someone, not laying down, AS THE YANKEES DID!  We all know they did, & they definitely deserve to have it go the other way.  I still say, battle hard with both, & make both earn it!  I hope we're not like the Yankees!

Nope. Girardi fielded the weakest  team he could,  the entire last series of the season, knowing if Tampa won, it would help keep Boston out of the playoffs.

It's called resting your starters, after you've clinched. Ever hear of that? 

By the way, nice A-Ball starter the Sox ran out there against the O's today......

Besides, with the September the Sox had, don't you think Girardi would have preferred playing the pitiful Sox?

The point is, if you're going to stand up and criticize a team for not playing hard to win every game, look at your own team. Throwing stones at glass houses. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

By the way, nice A-Ball starter the Sox ran out there against the O's today......

Besides, with the September the Sox had, don't you think Girardi would have preferred playing the pitiful Sox?

The point is, if you're going to stand up and criticize a team for not playing hard to win every game, look at your own. Throwing stones at glass houses. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The point is, if you're going to stand up and criticize a team for not playing hard to win every game, look at your own. Throwing stones at glass houses. 

No I'm not. The Yanks clinched and clinched teams rest their starters. That's the way it goes. And I don't recall criticizing any team for not playing hard. The Yanks don't need to be concerned with the Sox any more than the Sox need to be concerned about the Yanks right now.

Meanwhile, Iglacias just stretched a single into a double against the O's. You must be really mad at that !!

Not buying it. Didn't when Girardi tried to sell it. at the time. Read back, I said I have been, am and will be rooting for the Sox, till the end. No more than the last three. Good for Iggy. May just need some time and consecutive at bats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Since U posted this, I don't need to. Although I agree with J-Bay that they were only half trying; otherwise they wouldn't have ever been up in that game 7-0 (and, also, the half comes in when they subsequently blew it; there is also the factor of resting your better players, which was their prerogative, as was said by Tito & the Boston media)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Sox should be required to take the Amtrak train up from Baltimore to New York.  Better yet , the Greyhound bus.  They don't deserve to fly.  What a sorry bunch they are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

BOS: C. Buchholz (11-7, 4.22)
    NYY: C. Sabathia (14-6, 3.42)

BOS: J. Lester (9-14, 4.94)
    NYY: I. Nova (12-8, 5.02)

BOS: A. Cook (4-11, 5.65)
    NYY: H. Kuroda (15-11, 3.34)

Based on these matchups, it appears that the most likely scenario is NYY win 2 out of 3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

This could be a post season race for the ages :)  Great baseball!

Sorry the Sox are too SORRY to participate!

Play it straight up!  That's all we can ask now....  Don't try to swing it one way or the other

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

I just posted in another thread that if there is a tie for the division, there will be a one game tiebreaker.  It is not determined by the tiebreaker system as it has been in the past.

With that said, I am still rooting for the Red Sox to win their remaining games, even the one today against the Os.  Of course, I will also root for the Yankees to lose their remaining games.

That said, I wasn't too heartbroken when the Sox last night.

My bad Kimmi, I was looking at some bad playoff information. It was strange to see that the crowd at Camden Yards was 95% Oriole fans. Normally in the past, it was 75% sox fans.

I wore my sox jersey and didn't actively root against the sox, but wasn't disappointed when they lost.

I didn't shout out "O" during the star spangled banner like the O's fans do. A little unpatriotic if you ask me.

One thing everyone cheered about, sox and O's fans alike, was when the scoreboard showed Toronto beating the yanks. Alas, it didn't turn out that way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

My bad Kimmi, I was looking at some bad playoff information. It was strange to see that the crowd at Camden Yards was 95% Oriole fans. Normally in the past, it was 75% sox fans.

I wore my sox jersey and didn't actively root against the sox, but wasn't disappointed when they lost.

I didn't shout out "O" during the star spangled banner like the O's fans do. A little unpatriotic if you ask me.

One thing everyone cheered about, sox and O's fans alike, was when the scoreboard showed Toronto beating the yanks. Alas, it didn't turn out that way.

I've been to a couple of games at Camden Yards, and each time I've gone, the park and the harbor have been overrun by Red Sox fans.  It would have been interesting to see what the breakdown of Os vs. Sox fans was if the Sox were still in the playoff hunt.

As I said earlier, I was rooting for the Sox, but I'm not heartbroken that they lost.  It's too bad the Jays couldn't hold on to win their game.

I really hope that the Sox can beat the Yankees enough games to keep them from winning the division, but I'm not holding my breath.  I think the Os are more or less on their own if they want to win the division.  LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

My bad Kimmi, I was looking at some bad playoff information. It was strange to see that the crowd at Camden Yards was 95% Oriole fans. Normally in the past, it was 75% sox fans.

I wore my sox jersey and didn't actively root against the sox, but wasn't disappointed when they lost.

I've been to a couple of games at Camden Yards, and each time I've gone, the park and the harbor have been overrun by Red Sox fans.  It would have been interesting to see what the breakdown of Os vs. Sox fans was if the Sox were still in the playoff hunt.

As I said earlier, I was rooting for the Sox, but I'm not heartbroken that they lost.  It's too bad the Jays couldn't hold on to win their game.

I really hope that the Sox can beat the Yankees enough games to keep them from winning the division, but I'm not holding my breath.  I think the Os are more or less on their own if they want to win the division.  LOL

They Had Our Number This Year, As In SEPT 2011.......Go Tigers.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It was easier to get tickets to a Red Sox game at Camden Yards than at Fenway.

And half of the fans were Red Sox fans.  lol

Those were the good old days...........................

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I am a Sox fan and don't take much pleasure rooting for somebody else while the Sox are fighting to finish in last place. 

Sections
Shortcuts