Go Pedroia!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Go Pedroia!

I loved his attack on the umpires! I wish I was there. It's about time someone let them have it like that. These calls may seem like a strike here, or a ball there, but they are all important calls and they are costing the Sox alot of games. This is not the first time we've seen players screaming from the dugout. This is not the first time we've seen players thrown out of a game. Enough already with the "that's what I saw" rules. It's 2012 and baseball needs to catch up.

And before anyone says it, I also loved when he came out to defend Youkilis when Bobby went to the press insulting him. I think the whole team knew that that may be Bobby's MO, and they were not having it. You don't go to the press with something you should be discussing with the players privately.

Dustin Pedroia IMO should be made captain of this team. He has no fear, and they need someone who speaks up, and also gives encouragement to the players when they need it. Kudos to Beckett as well for going after them when he was thrown out of the game. Message being, "we're not going to take it anymore".

Btw, I loved that the fans were chanting "Bobby" when he went after them. I think everyone has had enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Go Pedroia!

I actually agree

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Go Pedroia!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Go Pedroia! :  Yeah, great idea. Get tossed from the game. Be a "leader". Way to help your team win.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

You do realize what he did happens all the time and on some occasions it gets a team turned around. Being a leader sometimes means you cross the line and are not afraid of the repercussions. Especially when he was so right.

That ump totally blew the call and should have said so and just maybe DP would not have gone so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Go Pedroia! :  Yeah, great idea. Get tossed from the game. Be a "leader". Way to help your team win.

Oh please...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : yeah I was kind of surprised that pedroia  thought Ciriaco was a better fielder than himself not saying he isn't just surprised that dusty thought he was
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Talk to Pederioa often, do you?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Go Pedroia!:
    [QUOTE]I loved his attack on the umpires! I wish I was there. It's about time someone let them have it like that. These calls may seem like a strike here, or a ball there, but they are all important calls and they are costing the Sox alot of games. This is not the first time we've seen players screaming from the dugout. This is not the first time we've seen players thrown out of a game. Enough already with the "that's what I saw" rules. It's 2012 and baseball needs to catch up. And before anyone says it, I also loved when he came out to defend Youkilis when Bobby went to the press insulting him. I think the whole team knew that that may be Bobby's MO, and they were not having it. You don't go to the press with something you should be discussing with the players privately. Dustin Pedroia IMO should be made captain of this team. He has no fear, and they need someone who speaks up, and also gives encouragement to the players when they need it. Kudos to Beckett as well for going after them when he was thrown out of the game. Message being, "we're not going to take it anymore". Btw, I loved that the fans were chanting "Bobby" when he went after them. I think everyone has had enough.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]GM Kim, while that wasn't exactly a precedent being set, i agree umping  has been wildly inconsistent/borderline maddening this season(well, a lot longer actually) i guess the frustrating part is players are going to continue to be tossed arguing blown calls..especially B&S, my ump problem is how they sometimes handle blown rules interps, and the fact that a lot of them make themselves the game...i think most times a player should try to remain in control, but given the level of performance i side with the players who get tossed...  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : now i'm surprised by your Q 4B's I figured you would be more like me and judge someone from their actions not by their words :-)
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

You're right.

I guess Chavez thought the Yankees had a better reliever than Epply, in the sixth...

Actually, I try to take both into account, Zac.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Go Pedroia!": Jim Rice condemned the Amica pitch zone and the like during a pregame this week. Said it created whining, in so many words.

Protesting a bad call is hardly whining, even if Jim Rice actually said that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Go Pedroia!": Jim Rice condemned the Amica pitch zone and the like during a pregame this week. Said it created whining, in so many words.

LOL and you hate to hear whining?? Welcome to the WHINING CAPITAL OF THE WORLD which is the BDC Forum. You must love to come here as a Yankee fan and hear Red Sox fans whine, whine, whine.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE] i hear you, but going by the known "rule"  players are going to get tossed more for arguing B&S than rule interps...which IMO is a bit heavy handed, seeing that not every ump calls em "by the letter" of what we're told as LLer's and as fans what the strike zone is.. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Go Pedroia! : GM Kim, while that wasn't exactly a precedent being set, i agree umping  has been wildly inconsistent/borderline maddening this season(well, a lot longer actually) i guess the frustrating part is players are going to continue to be tossed arguing blown calls..especially B&S, my ump problem is how they sometimes handle blown rules interps, and the fact that a lot of them make themselves the game...i think most times a player should try to remain in control, but given the level of performance i side with the players who get tossed...    
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Being a former umpire, I'm usually the first one to defend these guys, but the crop of umpires this year has been absymal. Seems that most of these guys have very little ML experience, almost as if they are washing out the veterans, and replacing them with rookies. They are all just babies.
    Used to be a time when every umpire's name was recognizable. Most of the time, I only recognize the crew chief, and 9 times out of 10, in a 3 game series, you won't see the CC behind the plate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : Being a former umpire, I'm usually the first one to defend these guys, but the crop of umpires this year has been absymal. Seems that most of these guys have very little ML experience, almost as if they are washing out the veterans, and replacing them with rookies. They are all just babies. Used to be a time when every umpire's name was recognizable. Most of the time, I only recognize the crew chief, and 9 times out of 10, in a 3 game series, you won't see the CC behind the plate.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

And some umps are a litttle too recognizable.

There are a handful that seem to be constantly in the middle of a dust-up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : Being a former umpire, I'm usually the first one to defend these guys, but the crop of umpires this year has been absymal. Seems that most of these guys have very little ML experience, almost as if they are washing out the veterans, and replacing them with rookies. They are all just babies. Used to be a time when every umpire's name was recognizable. Most of the time, I only recognize the crew chief, and 9 times out of 10, in a 3 game series, you won't see the CC behind the plate.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE] also, while i don't know how or what the conditions were for them coming through the ranks, seems like a bunch of them are quick to confrontation, at times a pitcher looks more likely to get tossed for glaring in than a baserunner for arguing a missed tag

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

An umpire actually threw the organist out of the game for playing "Three Blind Mice" after a questionable call on the field in a minor league game:

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120801&content_id=35977786&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

two things -  1) that was the worst check swing strike call i have ever seen...wasnt even close and if i were selig, i would call that ump and tell him so...

2) pedroia needs to chill....he was looking to get thrown out - he's not the manager (who can/should do that from time to time) but maybe this is how they do things on this team now...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! :  seems like a bunch of them are quick to confrontation,   while that maybe true jeets  not last night the umps gave lester, pedey & bobby a lot of room to vent a real lot bobby seemed  bummed that he didn't get tossed at times a pitcher looks more likely to get tossed for glaring in than a baserunner for arguing a missed tag can't say I have seen that but one action is clearly a lot closer to breaking the golden rule of not arguing B & S
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE] hey Zac, i really haven't seen that either, but i have seen a few of them whip off the mask clearly disturbed by it...i can definitely chalk it up to not wanting to be shown up, but i'm sure we've all seen a few quick, almost heated discussions as the pitcher makes his way back to the mound, while with the Yanks, Jack McDowell and Kevin Brown did it all the time, though managing not to get tossed :)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]
    "You won't see the CC behind the plate" because he was behind the plate in the last game of the series before the one you're ( sort of ) seeing. Keep a closer eye, Harv, and you'll see, or might see, that umpires rotate during a series.
    One would think that a former umpire would at least know that about ML umpires.