Go Pedroia!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Go Pedroia!

In Response to Re: Go Pedroia!:
    Many misread Manny's calm demeanor as a sign he did not care and was lazy. In fact, he was often the first to the park and last to leave.
    Posted by moonslav59

I had no problem with him, until the last few weeks.  He was a good defender at Fenway, hustled when he needed to, actually studied the art of hitting, could hit in the clutch, and killed the EE.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Manny did not care and he was lazy running the bases.  Who cares if he might have gotten to the clubhouse early to hang around, eat, watch TV, play video games and soak in a whirlpool.....probably wanted to get away from the wife and kids. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_

He worked harder than 99% of all players. He took extra batting practice very often. 

I think his calmness at the plate was his strength. He rarely ever even gave an ump a bad look. He never broke his bat after a K. Maybe some people need to do that, but I think others deal with it in better and more productive ways.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Thought this was a great time for a Go Pedroia! thread.

As I've said, Rock on, Pedroia. If there's anyone who truly cares about this team, it's Dustin Pedroia. I believe everything he says. Like I've said, he has no fear, and just says whatever is really happening. Completely different from the manager talking about players publically. I think he saw the writing on the wall, and knew where it was heading.

Having said that, if he's been misquoted on a few points, than that's BS. It may just be because he nailed so many other points. And the fact that this happened in July, is kinda a low blow since things may have changed since.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Go Pedroia!:
    I loved his attack on the umpires! I wish I was there. It's about time someone let them have it like that. These calls may seem like a strike here, or a ball there, but they are all important calls and they are costing the Sox alot of games. This is not the first time we've seen players screaming from the dugout. This is not the first time we've seen players thrown out of a game. Enough already with the "that's what I saw" rules. It's 2012 and baseball needs to catch up. And before anyone says it, I also loved when he came out to defend Youkilis when Bobby went to the press insulting him. I think the whole team knew that that may be Bobby's MO, and they were not having it. You don't go to the press with something you should be discussing with the players privately. Dustin Pedroia IMO should be made captain of this team. He has no fear, and they need someone who speaks up, and also gives encouragement to the players when they need it. Kudos to Beckett as well for going after them when he was thrown out of the game. Message being, "we're not going to take it anymore". Btw, I loved that the fans were chanting "Bobby" when he went after them. I think everyone has had enough.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Thought this was a great time for a Go Pedroia! thread. As I've said, Rock on, Pedroia. If there's anyone who truly cares about this team, it's Dustin Pedroia. I believe everything he says. Like I've said, he has no fear, and just says whatever is really happening. Completely different from the manager talking about players publically. I think he saw the writing on the wall, and knew where it was heading. Having said that, if he's been misquoted on a few points, than that's BS. It may just be because he nailed so many other points. And the fact that this happened in July, is kinda a low blow since things may have changed since.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Dustin Pedroia before the season began: 

"Thats not the way we do things around here. He'll figure it out"

And after he hurt his thumb: 

"No one tells me when I am going to play"

Dustin Pedroia: insubordinate spoiled fat cat. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : Dustin Pedroia before the season began:  "Thats not the way we do things around here. He'll figure it out" And after he hurt his thumb:  "No one tells me when I am going to play" Dustin Pedroia: insubordinate spoiled fat cat. 
    Posted by pumpsie-green

You always seem to go after the women on the boards, Pumpsie.

Got "issues' in that dept.?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Love Pedey!  He's so much fun to watch play.  Wanna know what makes this season watchable?  Dudes like Pedey and Pedro...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Love Pedey!  He's so much fun to watch play.  Wanna know what makes this season watchable?  Dudes like Pedey and Pedro...
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Absolutely.

One of the reasons I hated to lose Middlebrooks.
    Not because he was going to help stop the slide much, burt because he's just fun to watch play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I was at this game.  Bobby's mannerisms while arguing with the umps were hilarious.  And I agree that Pedroia is still the man.

If his batting avg was .300 (like it will be next year), noone would have turned on him.  Instead, he's tried to play hurt, and it shows in his numbers (IMO, I obviously dont know that for sure).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Go Pedroia!:
    I loved his attack on the umpires! I wish I was there. It's about time someone let them have it like that. These calls may seem like a strike here, or a ball there, but they are all important calls and they are costing the Sox alot of games. This is not the first time we've seen players screaming from the dugout. This is not the first time we've seen players thrown out of a game. Enough already with the "that's what I saw" rules. It's 2012 and baseball needs to catch up. And before anyone says it, I also loved when he came out to defend Youkilis when Bobby went to the press insulting him. I think the whole team knew that that may be Bobby's MO, and they were not having it. You don't go to the press with something you should be discussing with the players privately. Dustin Pedroia IMO should be made captain of this team. He has no fear, and they need someone who speaks up, and also gives encouragement to the players when they need it. Kudos to Beckett as well for going after them when he was thrown out of the game. Message being, "we're not going to take it anymore". Btw, I loved that the fans were chanting "Bobby" when he went after them. I think everyone has had enough.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I was at this game.  Bobby's mannerisms while arguing with the umps were hilarious.  And I agree that Pedroia is still the man. If his batting avg was .300 (like it will be next year), noone would have turned on him.  Instead, he's tried to play hurt, and it shows in his numbers (IMO, I obviously dont know that for sure).
    Posted by Drewski5

OMG. I would have LOVED to be at that game. You're so lucky. And I think Pedroia has more integrity than the people he has a problem with. He has no fear as I said, and is not one to sit back and say nothing. It really matters to him. This team really matters to him. For anyone to go after him is ridiculous. Like I said, I believe everything he says. Being on the inside is waaay more than anyone can say guessing on the outside. And he owns his comments.

Team captain, with or without the badge. Easily.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : OMG. I would have LOVED to be at that game. You're so lucky. And I think Pedroia has more integrity than the people he has a problem with. He has no fear as I said, and is not one to sit back and say nothing. It really matters to him. This team really matters to him. For anyone to go after him is ridiculous. Like I said, I believe everything he says. Being on the inside is waaay more than anyone can say guessing on the outside. And he owns his comments. Team captain, with or without the badge. Easily.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

You also believed that after the Red Sox won the last game in Cleveland, it would carry their momentum forward against the O's and Yankees and they won 2 of 6. Cheerleading only goes so far as you are finding out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : You also believed that after the Red Sox won the last game in Cleveland, it would carry their momentum forward against the O's and Yankees and they won 2 of 6. Cheerleading only goes so far as you are finding out.
    Posted by ADG

And constand b!tching gets you further?

I don't see the point in either extreme.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : And constand b!tching gets you further? I don't see the point in either extreme.
    Posted by ThefourBs

Does this team deserve ANY praise? For the money, they are the worst team in baseball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Go Pedroia! : Does this team deserve ANY praise? For the money, they are the worst team in baseball.
    Posted by ADG

You're entitled to your opinion.

Personally, I still like watching guys like Pedrioa, Buchholz and Ciriaco.

Sue me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't see much point in arguing with umpires.  Sometimes, yes, but not very often.  The Sox as a whole come across as a bunch of bellyachers, guys who complain about calls too much. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts