GOD BLESS.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

GOD BLESS.......

the DETROIT TIGERS.

for getting to 3-0.  know what that means boys & girls? 

YOU GUESSED IT!

LET THE 2004 BOSTON RED SOX HIGHLIGHTS BEGIN!

Expect them to be brought up big time throughout the day and on tonights broadcast.

how about an interview with Millar "DON'T LET US WIN ONE"

think we will see a highlight of Dave Roberts stealing second?  YOU BETHCA!

how about a Big Papi walkoff?  CHECK

Jonny Damon granny and Bellhorn pole rattler?  CHECK and CHECK

a bloody sock?  GUARANTEED

rumor has it the yankees have lined up Schill & Manny to throw out game 6* & 7* first pitches (*if necessary)

the perfect storm for a red sox fan.  tigers up 3-0.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: GOD BLESS.......

slasher---I'm hoping it ends tonight and Pena takes the job Friday.

SERIOUSLY, the ending I'm looking for is the bases juiced in the top of the 9 th, 2 out, 3-2 pitch, score 2-1 Tigers, Coke pitching,  with ARod pinchhitting and he hits a shot to the centerfield wall with Jackson making a Willie May's, back to homeplate catch----"Tha Tigers Win, Thaaaa Tigers Win, Thaaaaa Tigers Winnnnnn." Sorry John Sterling but that's what I'm looking for.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This is how the game will end tonight,...........

Tigers 1, Yankees 0, bottom of the 9th.

Bases loaded and A-Rod comes up to bat.  The count is full at 3-2.  The pitcher pitches but suddenly, A-Rod gets a call from the female fan and answers it.  Not only does A-Rod strike out, but also the female fan tells A-Rod that she cannot meet with him tonight because she is planning on having beer and fried chicken with Josh Beckett.   LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the DETROIT TIGERS.

YOU GUESSED IT!

Expect them to be brought up big time throughout the day and on tonights broadcast.

rumor has it the yankees have lined up Schill & Manny to throw out game 6* & 7* first pitches (*if necessary)

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

[/QUOTE]I agree and I like it.

It already started last night .

I don't remember the Bellhorn pole rattler other than the one in the opener against the Card's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't remember the Bellhorn pole rattler other than the one in the opener against the Card's.

[/QUOTE]

It was the salt in the wound shot top of the 8th game 7 off of flash gordon.  RF line.  hit the Foulpole screen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] HH, i'm surprised you don't...his G6 homer was kind of a game changer...then added a G7 homer off the pole..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

the DETROIT TIGERS.

YOU GUESSED IT!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

[/QUOTE]

Admittedly, when Suzyn Waldman struck up the drum about the 2004 RS last night, that was laughable. In addition, the team doesn't have a pulse; period. Their problems in the Regular Season have been exposed. Swisher's not returning, and they'd love to ask ARod to sit home. The Granderson trade, if looked under a microscope a 2nd time, is not nearly as good as originally perceived on this forum. So much for the 3 Amigos. Cano, although horrible, is staying put for now, of course.

However, a perfect season for the RS fan? Given the historically bad season they had? That's almost as buffonish as Suzyn's proclamation. 

I'm pretty sure the RS FO & media doesn't view it this way either.

I can only imagine what you say if the NYY had 93 losses, combined with all the other nonsense that went on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

no one said perfect season.  i stated perfect storm.  other than the yankees getting swept out of divisional round - this is the best possible situation we could find ourselves in as sox fans.

we get to see and hear about our beloved band of idiots all day loooooong.

buffoon that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

That lineup last night was not quite as empty as some V put out there the last two months but it wasn't far off.

Gardner not having started a game in months

Nunez

Chavez

It's a good thing they signed Ibanez and picked up Ichiro.

The BA's for the postseason must be incredibly bad. 

Fortunately their pitching has kept them in each series---even this one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Maybe the Yankees lineup is finally getting too old to make it through October. Of course my suggestion is half tongue in cheek. Sox fans have been predicting the ageless team from NYC would eventually need crutches to make it through the season. Look for the Yankees to mmove forward with an overhaul over the Winter. Not sure of their salary structure, who is a free agent, what contracts they are stuck with outside of Arod and Jeter. Looks like to Sox may not be the only team in overhaul mode.

Hetch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

no one said perfect season.  i stated perfect storm.  other than the yankees getting swept out of divisional round - this is the best possible situation we could find ourselves in as sox fans.

we get to see and hear about our beloved band of idiots all day loooooong.

buffoon that.

[/QUOTE]

Tsk tsk. Touchy touchy. Perfect season, perfect storm, I'm just not very good at re-typing I guess. Regardless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe the Yankees lineup is finally getting too old to make it through October. Of course my suggestion is half tongue in cheek. Sox fans have been predicting the ageless team from NYC would eventually need crutches to make it through the season. Look for the Yankees to mmove forward with an overhaul over the Winter. Not sure of their salary structure, who is a free agent, what contracts they are stuck with outside of Arod and Jeter. Looks like to Sox may not be the only team in overhaul mode.

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

The Jeter contract is not of the "stuck" variety. He has one more season, and was signed when they thought he was in steep decline, hence a bargain, believe it or not. In fact, they're going to have to re-up him, and he'll likely get more. OTOH, the A Rod contract ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tsk tsk. Touchy touchy. Perfect season, perfect storm, I'm just not very good at re-typing I guess. Regardless.

[/QUOTE]

hahaha.  well, they are two completely different things.  if i said "perfect season" that would be ridiculous.  a perfect season is 2004.  or at the very least a WS win.  a perfect storm is far from that.  but it's what a red sox fan is left with this season.  and right now....we will take it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was the salt in the wound shot top of the 8th game 7 off of flash gordon.  RF line.  hit the Foulpole screen.

[/QUOTE] Thanks. I totally forgot about that one.

I clearly remember the 2 run shot of the pole that saved the day after Wakefield had coughed up a hugh lead in game 1 to the Card's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] HH, i'm surprised you don't...his G6 homer was kind of a game changer...then added a G7 homer off the pole..

[/QUOTE]jete, I forget about the game 7 shot. Game 6 I remember, it was hit to left and I think a fan reached over and it was unclear if it was gone at first.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]jete, I forget about the game 7 shot. Game 6 I remember, it was hit to left and I think a fan reached over and it was unclear if it was gone at first.

[/QUOTE]

the umpires convened and thankfully, got it right. Now, instant replay would

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hahaha.  well, they are two completely different things.  if i said "perfect season" that would be ridiculous.  a perfect season is 2004.  or at the very least a WS win.  a perfect storm is far from that.  but it's what a red sox fan is left with this season.  and right now....we will take it!

[/QUOTE]

I understand the difference; I just don't think it matters a whole lot in the context. A perfect storm would be, for example, if the RS did it to 'em. Otherwise, I guess I understand the sentiment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

the DETROIT TIGERS.

YOU GUESSED IT!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

[/QUOTE]

and please let there be the greatest call Joe Buck ever made.

"Damon rounds third... and he can run all the way to New York!!  We're going to game six!!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the umpires convened and thankfully, got it right. Now, instant replay would

[/QUOTE]

The fan who caught it was quoted in the New York Post as saying it was a home run.  He was a Yankee fan, too...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

GOD BLESS THE DETROIT TIGERS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GOD BLESS your avatar.    :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Don't forget to thank the NYY. The NYY & the media were mystified at how the team did in the PS. I'm actually mystified that they're mystified; the signs were all there IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

What a way for the YANK$ to end it ????   Jeter, A-ROD, 'C C TAKE A BATH"........ ALL THAT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ONLY TO BE TAKEN DOWN BY FATHER-TIME & PEDS !!!!!     YA GOT TO LOVE IT !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't forget to thank the NYY. The NYY & the media were mystified at how the team did in the PS. I'm actually mystified that they're mystified; the signs were all there IMO.

[/QUOTE]

I've thought for much of the year that the Yank's pitching was CC, Soriano, Robertson and smoke-and-mirrors, but their offensive collapse has mystified me.  Small sample size is all I can come up with.....other than facing great pitching.