GOMES: "i have made 3 guys GMs of the year, 4 managers of the year AND turned around 4 teams!" is he too humble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

GOMES: "i have made 3 guys GMs of the year, 4 managers of the year AND turned around 4 teams!" is he too humble?

i mean jonny sounds like the most interesting man in the world.. y cant celts sign him too... reminds me of the jabro on the heat after bron scored 61, who said my kids will know on this day "me and bron combined to score 63 points"(but he was only joking,unlike gomes).. but for a guy barely hanging on for his MLB life, JG sure gets a ton of attention. methinks papi, lester and pedy had just a bit more than gomes.. has he won a mvp in the reg season or playoffs, ever been a difference maker? jeez! je's a JAG with a tude. less talent than millar with a bigger chip and mouth!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: GOMES:

Tongue Out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

thank you jete.  beat me to the proverbial punch.

where is Andrew>??????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL..nice punt...the Pats may come knockin' when the season is over :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Using http://translate.google.com/, in Swahili, the OP said:

"i mean Jonny inaonekana kama mtu kuvutia zaidi duniani .. y cant Celts ishara naye pia ... inanikumbusha jabro juu ya joto baada ya Bron alifunga 61, ambaye alisema watoto wangu watajua siku hii "mimi na Bron pamoja kupata alama 63 "(lakini alikuwa tu utani, tofauti na Gomes) .. lakini kwa guy vigumu kunyongwa kwa maisha yake MLB, JG uhakika anapata tani ya tahadhari. methinks Papi, Lester na Pedy alikuwa tu kidogo zaidi ya Gomes .. ina alishinda MVP katika msimu reg au playoffs, aliyewahi kuwa maker tofauti? Jeez! je ni JAG na kisahihi ukubwa. chini ya vipaji kuliko Millar na Chip kubwa na kinywa!"

Hand-on-heart, the OP was slightly more intelligible to me than the Google Swahili translation but you'd think one could do better....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Using http://translate.google.com/, in Swahili, the OP said:

"i mean Jonny inaonekana kama mtu kuvutia zaidi duniani .. y cant Celts ishara naye pia ... inanikumbusha jabro juu ya joto baada ya Bron alifunga 61, ambaye alisema watoto wangu watajua siku hii "mimi na Bron pamoja kupata alama 63 "(lakini alikuwa tu utani, tofauti na Gomes) .. lakini kwa guy vigumu kunyongwa kwa maisha yake MLB, JG uhakika anapata tani ya tahadhari. methinks Papi, Lester na Pedy alikuwa tu kidogo zaidi ya Gomes .. ina alishinda MVP katika msimu reg au playoffs, aliyewahi kuwa maker tofauti? Jeez! je ni JAG na kisahihi ukubwa. chini ya vipaji kuliko Millar na Chip kubwa na kinywa!"

Hand-on-heart, the OP was slightly more intelligible to me than the Google Swahili translation but you'd think one could do better....

[/QUOTE] i don't know if i can totally agree with that line :-)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He is an extravert what would you expect him to say? If you look at his body of work nothing stands out as great, what he has is an incredible belief in himself. He's a guy who is a team player who would probably fight tooth and nail for his teammates. So I don't think it's his skills that sets him apart, it's his team awareness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is an extravert what would you expect him to say? If you look at his body of work nothing stands out as great, what he has is an incredible belief in himself. He's a guy who is a team player who would probably fight tooth and nail for his teammates. So I don't think it's his skills that sets him apart, it's his team awareness.

[/QUOTE]
    as Bill would say.........that's a bingo! a totally great fit on our club. him and naps are definate keepahs bozo!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    as Bill would say.........that's a bingo! a totally great fit on our club. him and naps are definate keepahs bozo!

[/QUOTE] I'll take a player who plays through pain if necessary over any guy who a world of talent but if he dings his pinky he goes on the IR. Naps is not only a very good teammate but he's an honest man, when the sox signed him and they found some questions on his health, he manned up and took a 1 year deal on a make good deal and then he produced and the sox manned up and paid him more than his original contract would have been worth. Nava and Victorino are of the same mold and Pedey is just the best player in recent Boston history and that includes Papi.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I'll take a player who plays through pain if necessary over any guy who a world of talent but if he dings his pinky he goes on the IR. Naps is not only a very good teammate but he's an honest man, when the sox signed him and they found some questions on his health, he manned up and took a 1 year deal on a make good deal and then he produced and the sox manned up and paid him more than his original contract would have been worth. Nava and Victorino are of the same mold and Pedey is just the best player in recent Boston history and that includes Papi.

[/QUOTE]
    all true pal. this team is shaping up to be even better than last years champ team. from starting pitching right through the line up. I'm liking what I see right now. and so does JF and BC. I know we got 3 good weeks of spring trainning still to go but you mark my words....IMHO................lookin good!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL..nice punt...the Pats may come knockin' when the season is over :-)

[/QUOTE]

nah, they just got your boy REVIS... allset to rule the division and conference again!

[/QUOTE]Mornin' Commy...i like DRev, but hardly "my boy" i guess you'll need to refer that to a Jets fan..guess we'll see if he can get back to being a "game changer" ..the Pats are definitely a good look for him 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And he hit a HR today when we were losing 4-0! Just sayin'. Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Gomes got yer goat.   We got the WS crown.

Looks like we win even if you're insanely jealous.  

Ben got Gomes for the very reason he wanted him.  Spark plug, team guy - dirt dog.  Shouldn't need to say more. 

Everybody wins!  Except your feelings.

Wait - everybody wins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He also struck out with Pedroia on 3B and 1 out.  Cliff Lee was tough last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Maybe he'll end up as a talk show host, with Millar as his sidekick.

Heeeeere's Jonnnny!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heeeeere's Jonnnny!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He also struck out with Pedroia on 3B and 1 out.  Cliff Lee was tough last night.

[/QUOTE]

I think he was in the game for five innings. I was surprised by that. I didn't think they kept pitchers in that long during spring training.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heeeeere's Jonnnny!

[/QUOTE]

That's funny, Halifax.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

long as we win, u jabros are willing to ignore all realities.. enjoy the kool-aid echo chamber choir section.. just remember all this stuff when this act gets old and it starts to wear on the team as we start to tank.. we'll c! also a reason gomesy has been on like 6 teams!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

long as we win, u jabros are willing to ignore all realities.. enjoy the kool-aid echo chamber choir section.. just remember all this stuff when this act gets old and it starts to wear on the team as we start to tank.. we'll c! also a reason gomesy has been on like 6 teams!

[/QUOTE]

Jeez, lighten up, sourpuss.  We won the World Series last year, and Jonny is signed for one more year.  Oh, the impending tragedy of it all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said, though you didn't realize it.  We win, or won, ENJOY!   Otherwise, let the fella have some fun enjoying winning it all, too.

A reason he's been on 6 teams?  He's a good working part, not a team super star.  But he did EXACTLY what Ben and Co. wanted him to do and we are the HAPPY RECIPIENTS of their combined brilliance.

Happy, happy, happy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And I think every team went to the playoffs. Simply put, he's a winner!

Sections
Shortcuts