GOMES on block: KC bound?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

GOMES on block: KC bound?

Just read it...thoughts? The last line ended with something along the lines of "he wont bring much back"...lol

As always - 100% correct!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: GOMES on block: KC bound?

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just read it...thoughts? The last line ended with something along the lines of "he wont bring much back"...lol

[/QUOTE]

What do you expect? Giancarlo Stanton???? even if he brings something modest back if he isn't in the future plans it is worth something. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Gomes for Hosmer and Butler, and KC picks up the rest of the contracts. They'll go for it, trust me. (Just make sure you send DiCaprio and his Inception team in three days before.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do you expect? Giancarlo Stanton???? even if he brings something modest back if he isn't in the future plans it is worth something. 

[/QUOTE]

i thought his cache was worth a little bit more than that line...considering KC has inquired about him...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Gomes could be the Adrian Gonzalez of the trade if Drew can be Crawford and Pierzyinski can be Beckett.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Trade Gomes for a prospector. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i thought his cache was worth a little bit more than that line...considering KC has inquired about him...

[/QUOTE]

Teams also posture during trade talks too, the only way to really gauge Gomes value will be after the fact.  If Gomes is traded, then the return he brings is likely the best offer the Sox got. 

Even if he brings back some Single A pitcher or outfielder that will never reach the majors there is still value there. You still have to field a team at all levels, and even if 90% of these guys never sniff the majors they are still sitting on the benches, battery mates with, double play partners with, and talking in the ear with future MLBers' so even a good organizational depth guy has value.  Sometimes those trades are bashed by fans like us, but thats' because we don't understand the holistic importance of building a system and the fact that his job as a G.M. entails him to have to field teams at EVERY level.  And some times those guys even turn into something too, and become guys who contribute at the MLB level.

I'm not saying Gomes can only bring back a D prospect who is destined for a minor league career, but what I'am saying is if that was all he brought back....then there is still value in that.  Especially if a team picks up some of his salary and he clears out a roster space on the 40 man so the Sox can protect someone from the rule 5 in the off season. 

Gomes is probably worth a little bit more than that, but for those reasons alone no player should ever be DFA'd if a viable trading partner is available.  Which is likely the reality. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with our FO beginning to weed out guys like Peavy, Carp, Gomes and Drew who won't be here next season.  Lets get whatever we can for them before they walk anyway. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Jonny for a 2015 draft pick and a AAA relief pitcher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes and then maybe we can wait up all night during the next draft to watch the Sox trade out of the first round. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with our FO beginning to weed out guys like Peavy, Carp, Gomes and Drew who won't be here next season.  Lets get whatever we can for them before they walk anyway. 

[/QUOTE]

Carp is still under team control no need to trade him now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I hope Jonny finds a good location. I would take Justin Maxwell in return for Gomes or Jarrod Dyson…

For Dyson you might have to sweeten the return--Gomes, Workman and a prospect for Dyson and a prospect or take someone owed some money.

Dyson is a base stealing threat and a pretty good hitter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I like it. It's now the 14th and it's good to see us starting to move some folks. I'll always love and appreciate Gomes. Nobody was ever more proud to wear the uniform than he, and he always did what was asked of him without complaint. But he probably shouldn't be in our long term plans and does have value. It's time to accumulate prospects folks for when we go after the big guns. If he goes I will wish him well in his next adventure.

Teakus-Carpe Veritatem!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes and then maybe we can wait up all night during the next draft to watch the Sox trade out of the first round. 

[/QUOTE]

No they might go after a SS or Second baseman...lol lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No they might go after a SS or Second baseman...lol lol

[/QUOTE]

Good, we have a much better track record at those positions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

High, did you read the Trey Ball massacre last start? No more draft picks for Ben EVER!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Alex Hassan is on fire in Pawtucket - .367/.448/.615 in 125 PA since his brief major league call-up. Up to .280/.372/.433 on the season. He kills lefthanders and could easily slide into Gomes' role.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

High, did you read the Trey Ball massacre last start? No more draft picks for Ben EVER!

[/QUOTE]

Gerome, have you looked at Amiel Sawedays draft record????

Every time you bring Trey Ball  up I school you in how wrong you are, and then you just disappear from the conversation.  You're not an expert, you're not a scout, you knew nothing about any of those players leading up to the draft, and you are basing you opinions off of what a 19 year old has done in the lower minors in his first full year of pro ball. 

Please, it is ok to not like a pick, and even argue about it....but you display little to no knowledge on player development. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gerome, have you looked at Amiel Sawedays draft record????

Every time you bring Trey Ball  up I school you in how wrong you are, and then you just disappear from the conversation.  You're not an expert, you're not a scout, you knew nothing about any of those players leading up to the draft, and you are basing you opinions off of what a 19 year old has done in the lower minors in his first full year of pro ball. 

Please, it is ok to not like a pick, and even argue about it....but you display little to no knowledge on player development. 

[/QUOTE]
    Hey Hugh, when are you going to admit Trey Ball is not only a horrible pick but a lousy professional ballplayer? Seems like you're the one who knows nothing....

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts