Gomes? Really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Gomes? Really?

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

exactly ET....this move is beyond Ben dumb....we have a guy named Cody Ross who can hit, is barely past 30, plays hard, and has done well in Fenway....

[/QUOTE]

geo, fact is we DON'T have a guy named Cody Ross on the team...do you think the Sox would have signed him if all he wanted was $2/10?

I was not thrilled that the Sox increased his annual salary from $1M to $5M and added an additional year to that, but as a platoon player he might not be a bad fit playing at Fenway.

Jonny got a pretty nice birthday present from the Sox...I had heard that he was going to resign with Oakland because he lives there, but I guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

exactly ET....this move is beyond Ben dumb....we have a guy named Cody Ross who can hit, is barely past 30, plays hard, and has done well in Fenway....

[/QUOTE]

geo, fact is we DON'T have a guy named Cody Ross on the team...do you think the Sox would have signed him if all he wanted was $2/10?

I was not thrilled that the Sox increased his annual salary from $1M to $5M and added an additional year to that, but as a platoon player he might not be a bad fit playing at Fenway.

Jonny got a pretty nice birthday present from the Sox...I had heard that he was going to resign with Oakland because he lives there, but I guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse!

[/QUOTE]

Oakland made him an offer a couple/few weeks ago and he didnt accept it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another stellar move by Mr incompetent. 10M for a has-been that has hands of steel on defense and can't hit a lick. 

[/QUOTE]

So $25mill to Cody Ross would have been the wiser way to spend?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not but at least Ross can play some defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ross was nothing short of an adventure in RF. Sure, he made a couple nice catches, but when you cringe every time the ball is hit his way cause you just dont know whats going to happen, doesnt scream great defensive player to me.

Gomes will be platooned in LF which will hide some of his defensive deficiencies...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another stellar move by Mr incompetent. 10M for a has-been that has hands of steel on defense and can't hit a lick. 

[/QUOTE]

So $25mill to Cody Ross would have been the wiser way to spend?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe not but at least Ross can play some defense.

[/QUOTE]"Maybe not"

You flip-flop more than burgers on a grill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oakland offered him a 2-year, $5 million deal. 

This is not a big loss for the A's because they have a surplus of good outfielders.