Gomez @ 1st, Napoli @ D H, Lavarnway & Ross @ catcher........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Gomez @ 1st, Napoli @ D H, Lavarnway & Ross @ catcher........

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

"RYAN FISK" had 3 hits (2 doubles) yesterday & threw out a runner at 3rd !!!!!

So you base everything on ONE spring training game against a WBC team?? In this case Daniel Nava should be in the HOF...hitting a Grand slam in his first AB in a real game a few years ago.

Carlton Lavarnway still has a few things to prove before I say we move Salty and use him...BTW, there is another kid named Christian Vazquez who might just steal your boys thunder in Boston.

Ive been mentioning Vasquez too. Hes better defensively than Lavarnway, but still needs work with his bat. But at 22, hes got time. Id keep my eye on him very closely this year. If he can have another solid season, that either could push Lavarnway off the position (which is my vote) or make him expendable all together.

Honestly, I view him as a BU C or a DH/1b type. His bat is where his value is at IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

More spam.

Carnie,  Why so RUDE, son ????   Actually I thought my posts have been pretty good this morning ??  Trying to communicate with the real baseball posters and leave my sense of humor aside.....     But Carnie, I notice that you are actually worse than me, as your favorite 1-liner "SPAM" is just, sooooo childish.......  Now give it a gooood try, heck if I can do it, Im sure a bright individual like you can do so too !!!

How many threads on the front page have your name on them? How many of them are repetitive garbage? Look up the definition of spam in google.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

More spam.

Carnie,  Why so RUDE, son ????   Actually I thought my posts have been pretty good this morning ??  Trying to communicate with the real baseball posters and leave my sense of humor aside.....     But Carnie, I notice that you are actually worse than me, as your favorite 1-liner "SPAM" is just, sooooo childish.......  Now give it a gooood try, heck if I can do it, Im sure a bright individual like you can do so too !!!

How many threads on the front page have your name on them? How many of them are repetitive garbage? Look up the definition of spam in google.

I did actually get him to give me more than one-liners today. I agree with you that theres a ton of repetitive threads by Mr. Bill. But i also have to say he went out of character today and actually answered my questions...If he would do this more ofter, that would certainly be nice...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

You dont think Naps has looked great at 1b so far? Hes made a number of short hop catches from bad throws and also has made some very nice diving plays. His bat is better than Gomez as well. So the way I see it is Naps can give you both O and D at 1b. Its yet to be determined if Papi doesnt start the season. The last reports look very good, so I wouldnt bet against it. Obviously there should be SOME concern, but most here are over reacting and misinterpreting the Sox taking a very cautious approach with his ST program.

Now, If the Sox arent doing very good come the trade deadline, then maybe I can see a couple moves being made. But the way it looks now is the Sox will keep Naps at 1b and go year to year with him depending on his health. Salty will, and should, be our starting catcher and Lavarnway, Iggy and Gomez will be in AAA...

I see your point/s .....  I just think that Ben has been gathering "chips" for the "right move/s"...... Also, Napoli could be the right handed Papi if David is not ready to go .....

"OK and let me be clear.......  1/ Papi is done, certainly will not be there in April..... 2/ Napoli can  D H ........"

"Also, Napoli could be the right handed Papi if David is not ready to go ....."

So, even though Ortiz is "done", you don't know if he's going to be ready to go?

You  really don't have any idea, do you...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

More spam.

Soooo  SORRY......   Howevaa, they seam to be getting a lot of "ACTION"......  Does that bother you ???  You can always skip them ......  I guess I just don't understand all the unwritten rules of the board.....  I thought that you could post your OPINION/S at any time ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

More spam.

Your messages warning of spam have been just that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If you know who BC wants to trade, who does he want to trade them for?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

After posting a .243/.309/.383/.692 line in 721 plate appearances for the Texas Rangers, Jarrod Saltalamacchia has posted a .226/.290/.449/.739 line in 859 plate appearances for the Boston Red Sox (including a .222/.288/.454/.742 line last year).

In the July 31, 2010 trade, three years and two months of team control of Saltalamacchia was worth Chris McGuiness, Roman Mendez and Michael Thomas:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/saltaja01.shtml#trans

By extrapolation, does that mean that one year of Saltalamacchia is now worth about one of those players (or his current equivalent)?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Think Iggy Should Be Delt, Cant A nd Wont Ever Hit, Makes Easy Ground Balls Look Hard To Field, He,s Ah Showboat.................

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

I Think Iggy Should Be Delt, Cant A nd Wont Ever Hit, Makes Easy Ground Balls Look Hard To Field, He,s Ah Showboat.................

by your basis he has NO value. so why deal him? who would we get back of significance? nobody. so let's just keep him. Worst case, we have a great UIF/defensive replacement/pinch runner. Best case, we have a perennial GG'er who will give us adequate offensive numbers for a SS.

i'm not the most confident person when it comes to Iggy but your outlook on him is just plain stupid. His defense has put him a level higher than his bat could handle. He is very young and can still get better. If he still is hitting like he is after this season in AAA you might have a point. But, we won't know until it happens.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to 56redsox's comment:

by your basis he has NO value. so why deal him? who would we get back of significance? nobody. so let's just keep him. Worst case, we have a great UIF/defensive replacement/pinch runner. Best case, we have a perennial GG'er who will give us adequate offensive numbers for a SS.

i'm not the most confident person when it comes to Iggy but your outlook on him is just plain stupid. His defense has put him a level higher than his bat could handle. He is very young and can still get better. If he still is hitting like he is after this season in AAA you might have a point. But, we won't know until it happens.

You gotta love the "he sucks, trade him for something good" crowd....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In Defense of Bill-806 XIII !!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

What team needs Saltalamacchia more than the Red Sox do?

The Yankees.

Sections
Shortcuts