GONZALEZ or ELLSBURY? or neither?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

GONZALEZ or ELLSBURY? or neither?

We all assumed with the 1st half that Gonzalez had[and in all likely hood will continueto have in the 2nd half] that he would and should be odds on to win the AL  MVP.
    Now Ellsbury is having a great season as well, so is  he  now catching up to Gonzalez, or possibly going by Gonzalez for the top spot?
    Of course their are still about 70 games to play and alot can happen, but assuming both player's continue to produce, who would win the MVP?
    Or is their another player in the AL who should be considered or is possibly ahead of Gonzalez and Ellsbury?

If I were voting now it would still be Gonzalez by a comfortable margin, but Ellsbury has  put his name in the discussion.

Opinions anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: GONZALEZ or ELLSBURY? or neither?

I agree with your premise.  However, there is simply no way for Jacoby to stack up the RBI that Gonzalez will end up with, so there is no way, IMO, that Jacoby wins MVP over Gonzalez.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Last time I checked Paul Konerko was having a hell of a season.

Not to mention Jose Bautista.

I think they look at all American League players when voting for this award, not just Red Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: GONZALEZ or ELLSBURY? or neither?:
    [QUOTE]Last time I checked Paul Konerko was having a hell of a season. Not to mention Jose Bautista. I think they look at all American League players when voting for this award, not just Red Sox.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Oh, man, you are right.  They shouldn't, but they do.Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

http://www.nsawins.com/betting/mlb/top-5-american-league-mvp-candidates-mlb-baseball-al-mvp-mid-season-rankings/

Ellsbury isn't even on the top 5 list yet. But like you said there are a bunch more games to play before the decision is made.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

For now, I'll abstain, at least until we hear from Softy!

EVERYBODY DOWN, incoming grenade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Will Ellsbury or AGonz be the MVP this year? Should I have lobster or prime rib for dinner? What do I buy or sell at Wall St. when the deficit bill is passed?  Should my next car be a Volt or a Prius? Life is just too complicated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

No Coke.  Pepsi.

No fries.  Cheeps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

A-Gon MVP, Ellsburry come back player of the year, Beckett for Cy Young, Reddick rookie of the year, unless already had too many AB to qualify, Paplebon fire man of the year, Tito best manager, and the boy wonder as top executive, that should just about cover the awards. Oh I almost forgot Pederoia will be named the WS MVP, as the Sox win in seven over the Braves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

AGon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I predict Gonzalez, but watch out for Pedroia.  Production from a middle infielder is a huge boost.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

To Your-echo,  maybe you should relocate to the South Pacifc islands where difficult decisions would not be necessary.  Just think your could catch fish with your bare hands and have your afternoon nap without anyone telling you not to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In terms of Red Sox player only, it's a tough call, but I would actually go with Pedroia as of now.  Not to take anything away from the other two, but Pedroia always seems to be in the middle of the game changing moments, both offensively and defensively.  Plus, IMO, he wears the opposing pitcher down better than anybody else on our team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Zillagod - Thanks for your comment.  On another thread, there was an MVP discussion and as it stands today, my MVP order would be:

1. Gonzalez
    2. Bautista
    3. Ellsbury
    4. Konerko -  With Rios and Dunn having 2 of the 3 worst OPS' in the AL, where would they be without him.
    5. M. Cabrera
    6. Beltre
    7. Granderson
    8. Hamilton (TBD - Hurt for a portion)
    9. A. Cabrera
    10. Pedroia

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bellsbury isn't worthy of an MVP.  He's an injury prone boy who will sit at the first opportunity because he isn't "tough" enough to play through any injury.  All these stats are just going to inflate the enormous contract he will demand.

Bellboy Needs to be packaged with prospects and shipped to L.A. for Matt Kemp...just what this suffering offense needs, a RH hitting outfielder who REALLY play baseball.