Gonzo is the key

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Gonzo is the key

The Sox need to survive the next several weeks. IMO their starting pitching will at least be adequate; I won't always agree with Coma but the pen should be the same; other players will contribute here and there; and with the exception of Lowrie their defense should be fine.  With Papi's return a question mark as well as Youk's back, Gonzo needs to have a Monster few weeks.  It's why we got him; it's why he got the extension.  It's time to step it up and prove what a great 3 hole hitter can do.  If you think there's another key, chime in?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Gonzo is the key

A-Gon has hit his HR in spurts, and I agree that now would be a good time to get on a power roll. Him being in the three hole is what drives the offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

To put this all on Agon, when the RS have a bunch of malingerers, is not really fair.
    He has been the only one who consistently shows up to play every day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Alibi, bingo. AGON comes to play, others are too hurt. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Agreed Alibi.  He has been a pro's pro and very consistent and healthy all year.  He has already been carrying the water for this club.  no need to put it all on his shoulders

That being said, it WOULD be a great time for him to get all MVP on us once again.  A mashing Adrian would certainly go a long way to weathering this Dog Days-Injury Fest-Tough Stretch.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He is suffering from THE CURSE OF THE ABREU!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Gonzo is the key:
    [QUOTE]The Sox need to survive the next several weeks. IMO their starting pitching will at least be adequate; I won't always agree with Coma but the pen should be the same; other players will contribute here and there; and with the exception of Lowrie their defense should be fine.  With Papi's return a question mark as well as Youk's back, Gonzo needs to have a Monster few weeks.  It's why we got him; it's why he got the extension.  It's time to step it up and prove what a great 3 hole hitter can do.  If you think there's another key, chime in?
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

yeah, there's another key, john slacKEY, but you don't want to know the terrors that unlocks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Gonzo's stat line thus far in August is anemic. .266/.333/.342/.675 with 0 HR and 4 RBI. Is he playing hurt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

he is the key, and others go in free fall if Agon is slumping. The fear is gonzo, not the little hitters in front of him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Re: Gonzo is the key:
    [QUOTE]To put this all on Agon, when the RS have a bunch of malingerers, is not really fair. He has been the only one who consistently shows up to play every day.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Right, send Pedroia down to AA. He is a cancer in the clubhouse and definitely a slacker on the field.

Now damn it Maud, where do you put my pipe. Dizzy Dingbat. Don't get me started on the automobiles, they don't make them like they used to. What this country needs is a good five cent cigar. Don't take any wooden nickels. Now excuse me Arthur Godfrey is coming on the radio and then Fibber McGhie's closet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Gonzo had a great first half but has not been the same in the 2nd.  Truely great players can carry their teams ( see Yaz 67).  I believe Gonzo is a great player, but he needs to come through now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gonzo is the key : Right, send Pedroia down to AA. He is a cancer in the clubhouse and definitely a slacker on the field.  Now damn it Maud, where do you put my pipe. Dizzy Dingbat. Don't get me started on the automobiles, they don't make them like they used to. What this country needs is a good five cent cigar. Don't take any wooden nickels. Now excuse me Arthur Godfrey is coming on the radio and then Fibber McGhie's closet.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

you spelled fibber mcgee wrong, nut case.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

In honor of our gameday threader I think when mentioning AGon we should follow with neck in parenthesis ie Adrian Gonzalez (neck)  from now on this is the protocol when speaking of the Sox first baseman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Gonzo's swing looks much better, he was hitting balls to the opposite field last series with some decent power.  His "slump" will end soon ... and keep the Sox rolling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]To put this all on Agon, when the RS have a bunch of malingerers, is not really fair. He has been the only one who consistently shows up to play every day.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Just who are the malingerers?

BTW, I like your portrait. You look just like Joe E. Brown. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Gonzo apparently was waiting for the return of Ells to start hitting again. Nice to see Jacoby spark the offense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gonzo is the key : Right, send Pedroia down to AA. He is a cancer in the clubhouse and definitely a slacker on the field.  Now damn it Maud, where do you put my pipe. Dizzy Dingbat. Don't get me started on the automobiles, they don't make them like they used to. What this country needs is a good five cent cigar. Don't take any wooden nickels. Now excuse me Arthur Godfrey is coming on the radio and then Fibber McGhie's closet.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

NOW UR getting creative!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Who are the maligners Harness? Aibi Ike says the whole team are. Do you agree or are you being cautious and diplomatic and spreading yourself thin once again?Why not have an opinion just once in awhile?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

I think Pedey and Youk are offensive keys as important as AGon.  Their functions may be different but their roles are just as important.  We need their swagger (Pedey) and intensity (Youk) as much as we need AGon's cold, emotionless concentration.  We need a third starter to pick it up and a sharp pen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Perhaps Gonzo heard you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

I'm  glad; he's someone you can really root for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I can't believe he hit two homeruns... surely there must be some thing wrong with our #1 player.  Kiss

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

v

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts