Gonzo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Gonzo

I'm predicting right here and now that Adrian Gonzalez will be the greatest hitter to ever wear a Red Sox Uni. Thoughts? Apologies to Teddy Ballgame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Gonzo

I think I just heard a grumble in the ground.
    Let's not confuse or over-use the term greatest when it's isolated to our own observations.

BTW: Aren't you glad now that they didn't go with Beltre?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Gonzo:
    [QUOTE]I think I just heard a grumble in the ground. Let's not confuse or over-use the term greatest when it's isolated to our own observations. BTW: Aren't you glad now that they didn't go with Beltre?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]I did want to bring Beltre back, you've got me there. The one thing I can give softy credit for is wanting to bring in Gonzo. We gave up a lot to get him, but he looks like the real deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

I'd cool it with the predictions for now.  He still has some lofty standards to measure up to in Ted Williams.

I do love that sweet swing though. 

We at least might be able to say that missing out on Teixiera was a blessing in disguise. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Tex looks too much like Fred G. I'd have a tough time adjusting to...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_LE926nl7g&feature=related

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Bellsbury is going to be the greatest, with his recent surge to a .350 OBP. AGon is a superstar core player that was supposed to be in San Diego to start the season. Bellsbury is looking for a 1 billion dollar contract, using Crawford as an example for his extension request. Bellsbury's OBP is one of the lowest in the lineup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Gonzo:
    [QUOTE]Bellsbury is going to be the greatest, with his recent surge to a .350 OBP. AGon is a superstar core player that was supposed to be in San Diego to start the season. Bellsbury is looking for a 1 billion dollar contract, using Crawford as an example for his extension request. Bellsbury's OBP is one of the lowest in the lineup.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

UR suit is splitting at the seams.
    I think I just saw "oftlaw's" azz.

But it's 50/50.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Gonzo:
    [QUOTE]I'm predicting right here and now that Adrian Gonzalez will be the greatest hitter to ever wear a Red Sox Uni. Thoughts? Apologies to Teddy Ballgame.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Add "in this era" and you may well be able to settle the argument quickly. 

Teddy's never gonna be replaced.  He's like Marilyn.  She'll never be anything but gorgeous and smoking sexy... (but she did live like a "Candle in the Wind"  ...thanks EJ)  His body of work will be hard to ever erase.  Or overcome.

That swing last night ... I don't get to see many games ... was so easy and it reached well into the stands ... I just marveled.  It would have been a pop out for the average hitter ...

Carnie, I'm not taking anything away from Adrian ... this has been just an amazing display the last few games.  Love it.

(BTW ... been away on a new assignment.  I've finally listened to a number of old friends and mentors and am trying my hand at writing more "serious matters".    Since I haven't quit my other two jobs, that means I'm not here as much.  But I think of you guys often.  It is REALLY hard not to just click the button and BDC on my favorites.....)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think AG can win the AL MVP this year....on a side not also think Lesters 1st CY will happen this year...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Somebody said Gonzo is a lot like a left-handed Manny Ramirez.  No wasted motion, a totally efficient swing.  I think it's an interesting comparison.