Good article about Farrell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Good article about Farrell

Good read about John Farrell from Jackie MacMullen at ESPNBoston.com.It's a long article.Here's a paragraph from it and a link to read the rest:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8741356/boston-red-sox-counting-john-farrell-best-worlds

He was never just simply the pitching coach.

Although that was John Farrell's title with the Red Sox, his baseball tentacles extended well beyond his duties of shoring up Boston's rotation.

"I talked to him about stuff every single day," said Dustin Pedroia, who is most definitely not a pitcher. "About where certain hitters liked to put the ball, about pitchers' tendencies. About everything."

There was a presence about him that drew players to his corner of the dugout. Farrell exuded confidence, trust.

"I always said John was a guy who could do whatever he wanted in baseball," said former Sox manager Terry Francona. "He's that good. He has a feel for people that makes him uniquely qualified for a whole bunch of things."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Good article about Farrell

It was a great article.I hope a lot of people read it.Jackie MacMullen is still one of the best sportswriters there is IMO.

Sections
Shortcuts