Good article about Vazquez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Good article about Vazquez

Good article aboutn Christian Vazquez .Here's a paragraph and link to read the whole article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/34783/a-solid-vote-for-vazquez

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- When one of the Magnificent Molina Brothers extols your virtues, you must be doing something right. 

Indeed, Christian Vazquez, the 23-year-old catcher who last spring played for Double-A Portland, appears on an accelerated path to the big leagues. One National League scout said this week he would take Vazquez right now on his defensive prowess alone and would live with whatever struggles he might have at the plate. He first showed off his arm in big league camp last spring, and this spring he has thrown out all 11 runners who have attempted to run on him, according to Red Sox manager John Farrell. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Good article about Vazquez

I read on here that he gives up a lot of pass balls. If that is true he should be working on improving his glove this year. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Really hoping we see a homegrown combined battery of Swihart/Vasquez in two years.  Plus on defense and plus on offense, and soft on the check book.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Maybe 11 for 11 in Spring training over the last 2 years. Not this year alone I wouldn't think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really hoping we see a homegrown combined battery of Swihart/Vasquez in two years.  Plus on defense and plus on offense, and soft on the check book.

[/QUOTE]

Why the concern about John Henry's checkbook? I guarantee ticket prices aren't going down no matter how little the 'heroic job creater' spends. Based on this offseason he sure hasn't spent much. Hopefully, the team doesn't suffer so he can make bigger profits.

[/QUOTE]

No but if you have cheap affordable talent at one position it will allow you to spend on other positions that maybe not quite as fortunate. John Henry cheap? maybe you should take a look at RS payroll last 10 yrs under his ownership, next to Yanks we probably have spent the 2nd most in payroll in a ballpark that holds 33,000 people. You should probably look at some of these other owners who are receiving millions of dollars in revenue sharing and not spending it on payroll. Those are the owners you should have a problem with?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why the concern about John Henry's checkbook? I guarantee ticket prices aren't going down no matter how little the 'heroic job creater' spends. Based on this offseason he sure hasn't spent much. Hopefully, the team doesn't suffer so he can make bigger profits.

[/QUOTE]

No but if you have cheap affordable talent at one position it will allow you to spend on other positions that maybe not quite as fortunate. John Henry cheap? maybe you should take a look at RS payroll last 10 yrs under his ownership, next to Yanks we probably have spent the 2nd most in payroll in a ballpark that holds 33,000 people. You should probably look at some of these other owners who are receiving millions of dollars in revenue sharing and not spending it on payroll. Those are the owners you should have a problem with?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I want the Sox to spend big, but not LAD and NYY big. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I can't wait to have a guy behind the plate who can actually throw runners out.  When was the last time we had a guy with a great accurate cannon for an arm and a good pop up time?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://news.soxprospects.com/2014/03/system-restart-2014-pt-1-catchers.html

A good article about the catching depth in our system.  Not just about Vazquez, but all our catching prospects.  I figured I'd post this in here instead of starting a new thread. 

Sections
Shortcuts