Good article on Rubby De La Rosa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Good article on Rubby De La Rosa

Alex Speier has an excellent article on Rubby De La Rosa today.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Good article on Rubby De La Rosa

I heard all the good stuff about this kid before TJS, but didnt realize that scouts love this kids stuff as much as they do. Especially his change-up that they rank an 80 out of 80 on their pitch scale. With a FB that can rach 100mph, that change is going to make a lot of players look silly.

On a side note, I just wish Bob nuemier (sp?) on the baseball show whould stop calling him rubby (rub-bee). Its pronounced roo-bee...I thought he was joking but he continues to keep calling him that. I dont know maybe hes joking but I just find it kind of disrespectful...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I was thinking when I was reading the article that it sure would be nice to have someone who even approximately resembled Pedro in the rotation. Rubby probably needs better control before he reaches that exalted status, but this is the season of hope...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Sounds like he "rubs" people the right way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I like it.  I'm a big fan of having as many pieces in the minors as possible, and this guy has more talent than most.  You can't tell about the medicals, but my understanding is the TJS is not as bad when you have it at a young age.

Strasburg and Zimmerman both had TJS already and combined for a 27-14 with about a 3.00.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I heard all the good stuff about this kid before TJS, but didnt realize that scouts love this kids stuff as much as they do. Especially his change-up that they rank an 80 out of 80 on their pitch scale. With a FB that can rach 100mph, that change is going to make a lot of players look silly.

On a side note, I just wish Bob nuemier (sp?) on the baseball show whould stop calling him rubby (rub-bee). Its pronounced roo-bee...I thought he was joking but he continues to keep calling him that. I dont know maybe hes joking but I just find it kind of disrespectful...

anyone remember the last Domincan RHP who pithced for the Sox who had a changeup that graded 80 out of 80? 

Hmmm.  You'd think his name might come up once in a while...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I posted this 3 days ago;

posted at 10/04/2012 02:33:59 EDT

• moonslav59
    • First: 09/27/2005
    • Last: 10/06/2012

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I think the posters are under estimating De La Rosa.

Maybe we are just over estimating Barnes & Webster.

Rev Moon,

Leave it to you to be the voice of wit!

I do think Barnes and Webster are legit, and will be in Boston. I simply feel De La Rosa is more of a sure thing, with ace potential. I have only seen him pitch once, pre TJ surgery, and he was on numerous guns at 100 thru 6 innings. Wicked Slider, above average change. His fastball came in on right handers and he reminded me more than anyone else I have seen... of Strasburg. His control needs improving, but he has thrown less than 300 innings, and is only 23 years old.

His physical appearance, and fast ball look, dare I say, like Pedro.

I'm just saying I do not mean de la Rosa any disrespect by thinking more highly of Barnes & Webster. I like de la Rosa a lot, and most of what I know is second hand about all of these guys anyways. You have some first hand knowledge that I do not share, but I do remember watching Bowden in Portland a few times thinking "can't miss".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

anyone remember the last Domincan RHP who pithced for the Sox who had a changeup that graded 80 out of 80? 

Hmmm.  You'd think his name might come up once in a while...

I thought the same thing, but didn't want to jinx it.  Let's just be happy if we see him contribute in 2014.  I figure, for all practical purposes, we didn't surrender anything of value, so even if he just deveopes into a solid #3, I'll be plenty happy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have said before that I'd have traded AGon, CC, Beckett and Punto for nothing in return, just for the plus of dumping some deadwood, but with Webster rated #4 and de la Rosa #5 and Sands as a possible ML'er someday, this deal was the steal of the decade.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.