Good article on WMB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Good article on WMB

Will Middlebrooks had been keeping a diary for ESPN.  In this piece he writes about his recent struggles and demotion to Patucket.  It is worth the read. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/28731/middlebrooks-diary-dealing-with-demotion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Good article on WMB

Very nice article and it makes you understand much better what he and other plasyers go through

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I found it interesting that he was helping Bogaerts learn 3B

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Will Middlebrooks had been keeping a diary for ESPN.  In this piece he writes about his recent struggles and demotion to Patucket.  It is worth the read. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/28731/middlebrooks-diary-dealing-with-demotion

I think the bottom line with Middy still comes down to plate discipline if he intends on being here long term.  I love the fact most of our guys are making pitchers work hard again in most AB's.

Very key to good OBP's and overall success.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Good article, but something I noticed that kind of bothered me. Maybe a different POV from some of you guys would help.

He seemed to blame everything on being injured, when in fact, he wasnt hitting good before any injuries had happened. It was all about his approach.

Once he was sent down, he did admit to having to tweak his approach at the plate and get in better hitter's counts.

I still think theres a bit of denial on his part, but the reality of him most likely staying in AAA for a while will change that.

I wish him the best because if he can change that God awful approach at the plate, he can be a very successful MLB player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Good article, but something I noticed that kind of bothered me. Maybe a different POV from some of you guys would help.

He seemed to blame everything on being injured, when in fact, he wasnt hitting good before any injuries had happened. It was all about his approach.

Once he was sent down, he did admit to having to tweak his approach at the plate and get in better hitter's counts.

I still think theres a bit of denial on his part, but the reality of him most likely staying in AAA for a while will change that.

I wish him the best because if he can change that God awful approach at the plate, he can be a very successful MLB player.

I though he partially blamed that.  He said the injury hurt him but it seemed that he also acknowledged he has to work better counts to get the pitches he needs to see to be successful.  There's nothing wrong with that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I though he partially blamed that.  He said the injury hurt him but it seemed that he also acknowledged he has to work better counts to get the pitches he needs to see to be successful.  There's nothing wrong with that. 

Thats basically what I got from it. It was a bit confusing because he seemed to blame the injuries, yet said he needs a better aproach at the plate.

Im sure the kids head is spinning a bit, so I dont blame him. Its gotta be tough on him, but it will make him a better ballplayer. This isnt an easy game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Hopefully at some point Will (and us fans) will look back on this and laugh. We all know WMB Has the tools to succeed in MLB he just needs to tweak his approach and make Pitchers throw him HIS pitch. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Thanks nice post. I see Middy has 4 homers in his last 3 games.

Sections
Shortcuts