Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one )

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one )

Someone remarked on the oddness, except in baseball, of Ellsbury and Gonzalez going 0fer while Scutaro and Crawford had great nights at the plate. Ellsbury and Gonzalez broke Adrian's First Rule: Don't Try To Pull Everything.  Especially soft stuff. Before tonight's game, they should study how Reddick handled the pitch he hit down the left field line -- something he might have learned from ( ta da ) Gonzalez.
    Youkilis seems to be chasing more and having more bad AB's than in the past.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one )

Youkilis is having trouble with the strikezone. That's part of his problem. He thinks, for whatever reason, every possible pitch that he believes is a ball, is a ball. Problem is that he ends up taking pitches in that are too close to the strikezone. Maybe he should stop pretending he's holier than thou (Greek God rep), and start swinging the bat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Youkilis wants the 2-0, 3-1, like everyone else in baseball, but he's falling behind 1-2 or 0-2 and he needs to start changing his approach to possibly even swing early in counts. I think pitchers and scouting reports are finding that you can sneak pitches early in counts to Youks, knowing he probably will take the pitches to set up his at bats. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Scouting Reports, specialized defenses start catching up to hitters. Look at how Ortiz probably has lost a 100 hits due to the shift the past several seasons. When he started hitting more to left, good things happened. When you pull everything, you can only do so much. Ortiz is back to being Mr. Pull Everything too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one ):
    [QUOTE]Someone remarked on the oddness, except in baseball, of Ellsbury and Gonzalez going 0fer while Scutaro and Crawford had great nights at the plate. Ellsbury and Gonzalez broke Adrian's First Rule: Don't Try To Pull Everything.  Especially soft stuff. Before tonight's game, they should study how Reddick handled the pitch he hit down the left field line -- something he might have learned from ( ta da ) Gonzalez. Youkilis seems to be chasing more and having more bad AB's than in the past.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

How many teams are perfect, or in first place like the Sox?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one ):
    [QUOTE]Youkilis wants the 2-0, 3-1, like everyone else in baseball, but he's falling behind 1-2 or 0-2 and he needs to start changing his approach to possibly even swing early in counts. I think pitchers and scouting reports are finding that you can sneak pitches early in counts to Youks, knowing he probably will take the pitches to set up his at bats. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    If so, it's taken a long time to catch up with Youk's habits at the plate. For some reason, he looks less ready to hit than in the past. Maybe he should jump on a few first-pitch cookies. That would get people's attention.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Mets are looking for Fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one ) : No team is perfect, or in first place like the Sox.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]
    The comment was not about the team or the standings or certainly about "perfection," but simply about AB's by three players. Is all criticism disallowed as long as Boston is in first place? Or disallowed, period?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

he's just upset with anyone criticizing anyone outside of who he criticizes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one ) : The comment was not about the team or the standings or certainly about "perfection," but simply about AB's by three players. Is all criticism disallowed as long as Boston is in first place? Or disallowed, period?

I agree, but it happens every night and around the league.  Water under the bridge that will happen again soon, the important thing is we won. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

and the important thing is that while we aren't allowed to criticize batters approaches, you are ok in wanting Wakefield removed from the staff. I see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]and the important thing is that while we aren't allowed to criticize batters approaches, you are ok in wanting Wakefield removed from the staff. I see.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Wakefield has always been a favorite of mine.  With that said, I also feel guys like Doubront, Miller and others deserve a shot to take his spot next season.

I like Jason, Wake and all our players but I'm not so stubborn to admit the end may be near.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one ) : I agree, but it happens every night and around the league.  Water under the bridge that will happen again soon, the important thing is we won. 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]
    It happened in the game I was watching. Not as important as the outcome but not negligible is that Boston's two best hitters went off their game the same way. I'm not saying it will happen again soon, or ever, but it was not a happy deviation and bears watching. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good/Bad AB's ( not counting Varitek's terrible one ) : It happened in the game I was watching. Not as important as the outcome but not negligible is that Boston's two best hitters went off their game the same way. I'm not saying it will happen again soon, or ever, but it was not a happy deviation and bears watching. 

Understood expitch, fair enough

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I hope not to get in trouble again by posting after a Boston win that tonight Reddick chased too bad fastballs away, the second one really bad, after going with a pitch coming in from outside last night. Both FB's tonight tailed away. After seeing that action on the first one, Reddick should have been wary, but he bit. He's doing better than in the past on zone coverage -- but not tonight. He'll need to show consistent plate discipline if he hopes to keep that job.  Perhaps he will since he's still learning. He's a kid you pull for. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

gee, craze, I had no idea that his time is near. Last time, I checked he's thrown 3 straight starts where he went 7 innings, and wow, I mean he's getting destroyed...like say about those 16 hits he's allowed in the last 21 IP, it must tell the Sox that he's 45 and just can't handle the heat of a pennant race in August anymore. It's tough, I know, crazee. He's really throwing nothing like he did in 1995. In fact, it's clear, he's done...good job, crazee. Let's shoot that memo over to the Sox FO..."Guys, this is crazee here, one of your biggest fans, and you know I've noticed that Wakefield throws good starts now just few and far between. He's just batting practice for the other teams. All those hits he gives up...you know like 16 hits in the last 21 IP. It's just not up to snuff. You can't trust him in the pennant race right now. He's not putting the team into a position to win. Time to bring in the youth. Signed, Your Biggest Fan, craze4sox."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Don't forget that Wakefield can get wild...*no walks v. Minnesota"