Good bye Francona!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Re: Good bye Francona!!!!!

In Response to Re: Good bye Francona!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I think Ozzie Guillen would have handled the september melt down just a little differently
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]Ozzie is too far the opposite of Francona.
    I'm not sure if yelling, screaming temper tantrums and post-game press conference meltdowns would have been the answer here either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

For whatever reason, Tito, with everything on the line, moves Crawford back to the number two hole. Here's a guy , with one of the worst OBP in baseball, and Tito moves him to number two.  Bye Bye Tito, go show your ineptitude to some other city, take the money, and there was plenty of that, and go. Pleeeeze

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If the Sox make the playoffs (big if), and do something there besides being swept, neither Tito or Theo will be fired. 

If Sox don't make the playoffs, Tito will be the sacrificial lamb, even though there will be valid arguments that the roster assembled by GM was the real problem. 
    No way will Theo be fired this year, unless he forces his way out for some strange reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Good bye Francona!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]He has to be fired after this garbage waste of a season!! Ive wanted this guy out of here for years and I finally will have my wish. He cant manage a freking team at all! The yankees have garbage pitching all season and they survive with the pennant...we lose ours at the end and go on the worst collapse in baseball history. This is WORSE THAN BILL BUCKNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they even made the playoffs they would be fu cking swept!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

You mean a collapse as in Patriots getting their A.sses handed to them by Buffalo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortuee. Show Ortuee's posts

Don't fire or trade anyone...let's see if we can do it again next year.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If they can fire Grady for one game (and a game 7 at that) and not fire Francona for this, then they are hypocrits.  I don't like Francona as a field manager but I haven't said this until now - he needs to be fired.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Guillen announces he is out of Chicago.  All done. Let's bring him in and have him kick the Red Slobs back into shape.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Right, because Ozzie Guillen does so well with large payroll teams.  And in a powerful division, too.

The Ozzie-Lust really shows how hypocrical Sox fans are, I guess.  The White Sox have an extensive payroll, underperforming free agents, and a failed season against very good expectations.  But whereas in Boston, Francona is at fault, in Chicago, Ozzie is free from blame.

I will say this.  It is far, far more likely that Francona ends up in Chicago than Guillen ends up in Boston...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ozzie is now the manager of the Florida Marlins

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yankees also clinched the division.

Francona was never read "The Tortoise and the Hare" when he was a boy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Good bye Francona!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]He has to be fired after this garbage waste of a season!! Ive wanted this guy out of here for years and I finally will have my wish. He cant manage a freking team at all! The yankees have garbage pitching all season and they survive with the pennant...we lose ours at the end and go on the worst collapse in baseball history. This is WORSE THAN BILL BUCKNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they even made the playoffs they would be fu cking swept!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I think the Yankees collapse in 04 was the worst. This collapse could be sensed in a way. We only had Beckett really pitching well for most of the season. The rest, struggled. Combine that will lack of hitting and it spells disaster for sure. I caught some of the game last night, it surely looked like Beckett got heavier. Did he gain weight? Also, after watching him escape the fifth I figured no way he is coming back out. After putting the kids to bed, I see it is 6-2. Beckett gets tagged for 4 runs. You can't sit there as manager and let that happen. You just can't with so much at stake. Are you telling me Beckett was our best option for the 6th? That is sad.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]the word is Bobby V is in line
    Posted by Saluda[/QUOTE]

That is one that I would definitely like.  GO SOX DESPITE THEO AND FRANCONA!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

While Valentine is certainly very baseball savvy, he would be a train wreck personality-wise in Boston

I want a guy like Gibson - which is why I have been saying someone like Fisk.  Hmmm, I wonder what Mugsy is up to these days?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

I am all for a total overhaul. Get rid of the both of them. Get Hoyer to come back to the Sox, get someone like Valentine to take over the team or bring up some stud from the minors and give him a shot, and get rid of a few players. There is too much of a "love affair" between Epstein, Francona, and certain players. This causes blindness in what they have and what they need. This may not be popular but I feel they should have traded Youkilis a long time ago. There are far too many good 3B out there to hang on to him. Of course Crawford has been a bust, and it is obvious that Gonzalez is playing with, at best, a strained rotator cuff, but I am thinking he may have re-torn it and is playing through. Unfortunately this is hurting them. They should have addressed the pitching situation long before the trade deadline. Instead, they went to the store and bought a band-aid to cover multiple wounds.

Francona has been managing these games as if they were not playoff games. In the playoffs, once a pitcher is seen to be gassed, they are replaced so that the score remains within reach of a win. Beckett should have been lifted once the score fell to 3-2. Instead, he is left out there to give up another 3 runs. This is bush league at best. This is Francona not wanting to upset Beckett by lifting him. Managers need to be worried more about winning games than winning player's hearts. Francona just cannot seem to make the tough decisions because he is too close to his players. It may be time to break-up that love affair, much like Lackey's marriage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from My Dads Brick. Show My Dads Brick's posts

[QUOTE]If they can fire Grady for one game (and a game 7 at that) and not fire Francona for this, then they are hypocrits.  I don't like Francona as a field manager but I haven't said this until now - he needs to be fired.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head. He hasn't done anything this month to change things up, call out the players, even someone like John Lackey, etc.

The microcosm of the entire month is the fact that Alfredo Aceves should have been inserted into the rotation instead of Weiland, Wakefield or Lackey. Most of the games Aceves has pitched in this month, he's come into games with the team behind by 2,3,4 runs. Has that provided the team value? Atchison could have been the long reliever all month and tried to have filled that role.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I don't think getting rid of Francona is the answer. Theo days are numberred. I would prefer to see Theo gone if it was one or the other. Theo has made a mess of this team. Overpaying for mediocre talent. And letting good productive talent go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

But if Francona is gone, how about Torre?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

One has to wonder, where did the pressure come from to move K Krawford back to the two hole. One of the moves I gave Tito credit for all year was that realising KK was struggling, he kept him batting 6-7. So what does Tito do in crunch time, with everything on the line, he moves the $142 million bust, to the top of the lineup. He was 0 for 5 yesterday, first two times up he left runners on third , 4 LOB . 

Tito has been an I'm on for the ride type manager, if it ain't broke don't fix it type of guy. Helllooooo Tito it's broooooooke, needs fixing. Put that useless Crawford back in the 7 hole, if it was me I'd bench him, he is uselessssssss. Two more games and the agony is over, then the blame and the spin will begin. Days of our Lives. Boston version.

Tito has had his throw away games for years, the ones in May,June, July when he left the pitcher in to save the pen, or when it was obvious he should pinch hit for someone, he passed. I think he is either in denial, or shock. Looks like a deer staring into the headlights before he gets run over.

It's too bad, he skippered two WC teams. he had difference makers then, Damon, Manny, Schilling, Pedro, Mueller, O Cab, Foulke, Nixon, a healthy Youkilus. guy's with different personalities, but guy's who wanted to win, and put it on the line everynight.

This team, thanks to Epstein, with the likes of Lackey ( please don't tell me he pitched great in NY, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sooner or later) and Crawford now moved up to the two hole where he can really kill rallies. They look like players on the green mile, waiting for their execution, PATHETIC. Please take me out and shoot me warden.

It's hard to soar like an Eagle when your surrounded by a bunch of Turkeys, that's how Pedey feels, and Ells is trying to do it all by himself, what a star this guy is. Lackey and Crawdad have brought the whole team down with them, like cancer it's spreading.

" Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser"  Vince Lombardi

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

AussieWill = Communist Contrarian.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

[QUOTE]AussieWill = Communist Contrarian.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Why don't you go back to your tea party Mrs. Epstein

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

A lot of blame on this September collapse can be placed on Francona, but I put more blame on the 2-10 start in April.  They came out of ST after losing 10 of 12 and it carried over.  They were no where near ready to start the season.  The believed all their "Best Team Evah" hype and thought they could coast.  That is the manager's fault for no nipping that attitude immediately!

It took me a while to come around, but I think it's time for him to go.