Good day to be a Sox fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good day to be a Sox fan

Today's game is as big as last night's because the Rays are coming to town for four more.  Today it's Lackey v. Romero, Toronto's best starter and a lefty, so Francona is throwing in some righties--Lavarnway at DH and McDonald in RF.  Just three lefties--AGon, Ellsbury, and Crawford.  The problem of course is Lackey.  Wouldn't a decent game be nice? 

Against Tampa it's Weiland, Beckett, Lester, and Wakefield.  Weiland might be OK.  Beckett and Lester are both capable of excellent games.  Wake is Wake--a great knuckler that can quickly become a disastrous knuckler, as we saw last night. 

Now every game counts, which is the way it should be in September.  No coasting.  Just baseball, every darn day. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crawful. Show crawful's posts

Re: Good day to be a Sox fan

with SLACKEY pitching you better hope the SOX score  18 runs again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

As far as I'm concerned,every day is a good day to be a Sox fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

What a bummer about Lackey, he of the 6.30 ERA; I remember when he was on the Angels he'd go on hot streaks and give up maybe one run an outing, what the h, I guess that guy is no longer, but is an occaional outing of giving up say 2 runs over 7 too much to ask, apparently so, alas

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

As far as I'm concerned,every day is a good day to be a Sox fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How much do you want for that 45?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Good day to be a Sox fan:
    Today's game is as big as last night's because the Rays are coming to town for four more.  Today it's Lackey v. Romero, Toronto's best starter and a lefty, so Francona is throwing in some righties--Lavarnway at DH and McDonald in RF.  Just three lefties--AGon, Ellsbury, and Crawford.  The problem of course is Lackey.  Wouldn't a decent game be nice?  Against Tampa it's Weiland, Beckett, Lester, and Wakefield.  Weiland might be OK.  Beckett and Lester are both capable of excellent games.  Wake is Wake--a great knuckler that can quickly become a disastrous knuckler, as we saw last night.  Now every game counts, which is the way it should be in September.  No coasting.  Just baseball, every darn day. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Wake gave up just 6 hits. Unfortunately, two HRs which accounted for all 5 runs.
    But to be fair, they were hit by the Jays leading HR hitters. His knuckler also struck out 6 in 6 innings.
    Now that 200 is behind him, I bet we see a phenomenol game from him on Sunday.
    I'm going to get hammered for this, but I think Wake should be on the PO roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yes, you certainly will get hammered for that and rightfull so....Wake's PS stats since G4 of the 2004 WS is something like an ERA of 8 and an WHIP of 2 with a lot of long balls and a lot of BB's........not to mention a handful of Charlie Brown like attempts on fielding bunts.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I said awhile back Wake had a shot at the PS roster, not so sure now. 

As for today, I love the fact that Lackey is doing OK after that messy first inning.  Best of all, he just got thru the 4th clean after Scutaro made an error, something that in the recent past would make Lackey collapse in a heap and/or roll around on the ground weeping and gnashing his teeth.  Maybe before the game Tek told him to cool it on the tantrums. 

Sox up 3-2, but a long way to go.  Ellsbury hit a triple on the exact same pitch that caught Crawford looking at strike two (2 K's for him so far today). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crawful. Show crawful's posts

see if oct 1st's a good day to be a SOX fan. it will be if you like golf.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crawful. Show crawful's posts

In Response to Re: Good day to be a Sox fan:
    At least Yazzer - the RS fan pretender, is gone.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

no, i'm not, columbozo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Today's game is as big as last night's because the Rays are coming to town for four more.  Today it's Lackey v. Romero, Toronto's best starter and a lefty, so Francona is throwing in some righties--Lavarnway at DH and McDonald in RF.  Just three lefties--AGon, Ellsbury, and Crawford.  The problem of course is Lackey.  Wouldn't a decent game be nice?  Against Tampa it's Weiland, Beckett, Lester, and Wakefield.  Weiland might be OK.  Beckett and Lester are both capable of excellent games.  Wake is Wake--a great knuckler that can quickly become a disastrous knuckler, as we saw last night.  Now every game counts, which is the way it should be in September.  No coasting.  Just baseball, every darn day. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Nice post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Posted by maxbialystock

I think it's a big mistake to pitch Weiland in a game like this. And the Rays just saw him and he will likely be exposed.

Sections
Shortcuts